ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I prefer the proverbial "cigar smoke-filled backroom" in which a cadre of coaches argue about seeds to set the brackets.

For any serious about ducking, I have no doubt that were a pure algorithm to be used to set seeding, then gaming the system would likely follow for all but the 1 and 2 seeds with an eye toward tournanent match ups that theoretically maximize team points. There seems to be plenty of historical data to feed an A.I. based program for these purposes.

Reactions: raslen007
Well it looks like we are going to miss out on most of the Forrest hills / BM kids. Some heading to Ohio and some to Ithica.

And no I cant screen shot a phone conversation LoL

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
Well it looks like we are going to miss out on most of the Forrest hills / BM kids. Some heading to Ohio and some to Ithica.

Do you mean to the RTCs? Bassetts to Ohio Gibsons to Spartan?

Reactions: Str8DBLz

why the heck would Eric (and obviously Mason) go anywhere but FL.

Not sure what is luring Bassets/Herring to Ohio when they are already entrenched between YG and M2.

This will get old fast, unless they plan on uprooting completely.

why the heck would Eric (and obviously Mason) go anywhere but FL.

Not sure what is luring Bassets/Herring to Ohio when they are already entrenched between YG and M2.

This will get old fast, unless they plan on uprooting completely.
Online schools

I don't understand what you mean by "miss out." Do you mean these kids are blaming Cael/PSU? That they won't consider coming the Penn states in 5 or 6 years when they are elligible? Or just that they aren't coming to State College to train full time? As an 8th grader, I'd probably rather still have something to compete for for a few more years before looking seriously at colleges.

I have always thought at least as far as conference seeding it should go by team results in duals at the weight class. Ducking would never benefit improving your seed.
The downside of this is: what if the best guy gets seeded 7-10? (Think Kyle Snyder's soph year, 3-0 heading into B10s.)

That would wreck the brackets and screw up NCAA seeds. With little/no effect on the NCAA seed for the guy the rule was aimed at.

The downside of this is: what if the best guy gets seeded 7-10? (Think Kyle Snyder's soph year, 3-0 heading into B10s.)

That would wreck the brackets and screw up NCAA seeds. With little/no effect on the NCAA seed for the guy the rule was aimed at.
I used to think the same way. I have changed my mind. For the Snyders and Spencers it is going to be what it is, but they are the minority and they aren't ducking. Ducking is done by kids who feel so vulnerable they would rather skip a competition then face a tough opponent.
I like and agree with Jim's idea.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Here's the image for full effect:

FFyAcDMXoAQyBHh

Is there anything more stereotypically Russian than the town's best restaurant being a nightclub with tablecloths covering all the chairs, and the entire place lit in some obnoxious color like neon purple?

Yes -- all of the above + everybody (except Jason) drinking cherry kool-aid with vodka.

Reactions: Ja1339
Good idea though I can think of one exception -- action stopped due to top stalling. Essentially this would reward top for dropping to an ankle and holding on for dear life until the whistle. Maybe for that, bottom gets choice?
I can think of a lot of other exceptions. Top man pushes forward to eventually move the action out of bounds. Top man breaks him down and basically does nothing so eventually a stallmate, etc. The idea sounds good but lots of ways the top man can get away with not giving up a point.

Reactions: slushhead
if the bottom mans runs out of bounds, choice to top as above
This would require some action any time the action moved out of bounds, which should be done now under the rules but they almost always just return to the same. position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT