ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I don't understand that proposal. I get it if teams start and their season is cancelled, but if they play a whole season, why give them another year? It is like an extra slam to the BIG and PAC12 teams. Now kids can transfer and maybe get to play five seasons.

While rifling through the kitchen drawers of strangers during a house-hunting stroll yesterday, I happened upon this spatula. I decided against stealing it but it wasn't an easy decision.

qUcQdUq.jpg

I don't understand that proposal. I get it if teams start and their season is cancelled, but if they play a whole season, why give them another year? It is like an extra slam to the BIG and PAC12 teams. Now kids can transfer and maybe get to play five seasons.

If it applies to fall sports played in the spring, it gives football players incentive to play in January, February and March when a lot of them would sit out otherwise. This would help the B1G and PAC12 teams. I haven't seen the specifics of the proposal though to know for sure.

While rifling through the kitchen drawers of strangers during a house-hunting stroll yesterday, I happened upon this spatula. I decided against stealing it but it wasn't an easy decision.

qUcQdUq.jpg

You braved the borough during move in week? Color me impressed.
:D

Reactions: tikk10
If it applies to fall sports played in the spring, it gives football players incentive to play in January, February and March when a lot of them would sit out otherwise. This would help the B1G and PAC12 teams. I haven't seen the specifics of the proposal though to know for sure.

Yep, that is it. The NCAA is helping out the "don't play until after the election conferences".

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_cf3422d2-e3e6-11ea-92bf-83bde42bfb02.html

"The NCAA Division I Board of Directors approved a recommendation Friday that gives all fall-sport athletes an extra year of eligibility, regardless of how many games they play in the upcoming academic year, and attempts to play canceled fall championships next spring.

Athletes typically have five years to complete four seasons of eligibility, but the board extended eligibility clocks so players have another, full season of competition after conferences across the country postponed fall sports.

Athletes in football, soccer, volleyball and cross country — even if they participate in all their possible games — can play an additional season through a blanket waiver. Seniors returning for the 2021-22 academic year will not count against a team’s scholarship limit. Schools have the option to use the waiver."

Reactions: Petch
I wonder where the proceeds for the shirt sales go, as I believe the Stanford AD has stated it is a done deal and they cannot find raise to save the program.

I wonder where the proceeds for the shirt sales go, as I believe the Stanford AD has stated it is a done deal and they cannot find raise to save the program.
Kerry McCoy shared the post--I'm sure there's still an effort to prove the AD wrong (whether it's viable or not is another question).

Kerry McCoy shared the post--I'm sure there's still an effort to prove the AD wrong (whether it's viable or not is another question).
gotta go for the relic! Just grew out of my James Madison U wrestling shirt... (found it in a gym long ago)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT