ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Tomlin not go for that?

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Down by 5, with 3 minutes left. Your QB has thrown for about 500 yards and you have it on the 2 and you kick the FG,

Imagine how good the Steelers would be if they had a decent coach.

Down by 5, with 3 minutes left. Your QB has thrown for about 500 yards and you have it on the 2 and you kick the FG,

They have not stopped Seattle at all. He couldn't go for that and risk going down by 13

At halftime Dumlin did all that bragging to the sideline chickie about being aggressive. Gave us some nonsense about "not living in our fears" and "living in our hopes" while defending his idiotic decision to let Landry Jones throw a 4th down pass while Ben scratches his junk on the sidelines.

After halftime? He's been a timid little rabbit kicking chippie FGs twice on 4th & short. Can't wait for his post game explanations.

I have no idea how Tomlin has lasted as long as he has with so any brain farts like today. Save for managing a roster that Cowher gift wrapped for him to a Super Bowl, he has grossly underachieved.

Reactions: psu00
Defensive drafts have been subpar, awful pass coverage and poor tackling lost the game. That and 3 turnovers.

But yeah, Tomlin seems to gamble at all the wrong times and when it's needed he reverses and acts like a scared puppy. No reason not to go for it on that 4th down because the defense hadn't stopped Seattle all day. Needed to try and score.

He's an idiot. He fakes a field goal in the first quarter which predictably results in an interception, but going for the lead with 3 minutes left is too aggressive for him. Can't wait till he's gone.

He's an idiot. He fakes a field goal in the first quarter which predictably results in an interception, but going for the lead with 3 minutes left is too aggressive for him. Can't wait till he's gone.
Exactly. If you are going to go for it on that 4th down early bring Ben in and let him earn his money. That fake field goal call was ridiculous. Just like not going for it late was, now all of a sudden he is scared. Ridiculous.

You guys are impossible. If they get a stop on 3rd and 9 you get the ball with 1:55 and 2 TO's and only need a fg

You guys are impossible. If they get a stop on 3rd and 9 you get the ball with 1:55 and 2 TO's and only need a fg

That's the whole thing, they hadn't stopped Seattle all day, even on 3rd and 16's. No choice but to go for it. If not, at least Seattle would be pinned deep and still a 1 possession game.

That's the whole thing, they hadn't stopped Seattle all day, even on 3rd and 16's. No choice but to go for it. If not, at least Seattle would be pinned deep and still a 1 possession game.

Then they were going to lose either way

Miss it. 98 yards.. I don't get it either.

Well miracles could have happened. But yeah, even if we score a TD, Seattle has plenty of time to drive and score a winning FG. Defense had no hope.

No miracle necessary if he doesn't put Landry Jones on the field in the first half. It's 21-7 at the half without that boneheaded decision.

I'm not a fan of the FG on 4th & one (from the two) early in the 3rd either.

No miracle necessary if he doesn't put Landry Jones on the field in the first half. It's 21-7 at the half without that boneheaded decision.

I'm not a fan of the FG on 4th & one (from the two) early in the 3rd either.

I agree. For someone who always goes for the 2 point conversion now after every TD because 'he likes the odds'- not sure why he doesn't go for it on 4th down from the 2 (right where every 2 point conversion starts at).

The fake FG was dumb- from trying it to running a play where he quickly let the D know it was a fake and gave them about 20 seconds to adjust before Pittsburgh actually snapped the ball. The throw was just horrible on top of that but the play call and design of the fake was just worse than in high school football.

Please let's stop "He won the Super Bowl with Cowher's players"..... Cowher had just gone 8-8 with Cowher's players.

Pittsburgh has one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. And at 6-5 I still think they are one of the better teams
Just need to keep Ben healthy. Lots of holding today on AB not called

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT