ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to the Happy Valley Jam?

There might be more people at the OneTeam event the night before. And that may not be that many.

What a colossal failure. They could have had Metallica. Instead they choose a country jam where they can charge $50 for parking. The real losers here are the scalpers. The amount of tickets on sale for under face resembles a pitt game.

TOMORROW. :eek:

blake-shelton-performance-june-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

:eek:

What a colossal failure. They could have had Metallica. Instead they choose a country jam where they can charge $50 for parking. The real losers here are the scalpers. The amount of tickets on sale for under face resembles a pitt game.

Another awful decision by the PSU "Events Administration" that can never get the "Gate" situation correct (especially the Student Gates)...who'da ever guessed? LMFAO, at the hacks who only have their jobs due to their bureaucracy connections....

Reactions: BBrown
OMG

It's not the type of event I'd have any interest in attending (personally, I wouldn't go if someone offered me free tickets...... but I know there are plenty of Country Music fans in the area that would be interested).......
But - just for grins - I pulled up the PSU ticket site to see what they cost.......

Holy Shit!!!! People actually pay those prices?

Holy moley

FWIW - $150 to $250 a piece for floor level...... around $100 for seats so far back (or at a bad angle) that you'd be watching the concert on the big screens

Holy moley

FWIW - $150 to $250 a piece for floor level...... around $100 for seats so far back (or at a bad angle) that you'd be watching the concert on the big screens

Runaway Country in Kissimmee is 3 days - w/ much more music obviously - for the same price, and you can park your RV for $75 for the 3 days.

OMG

It's not the type of event I'd have any interest in attending (personally, I wouldn't go if someone offered me free tickets...... but I know there are plenty of Country Music fans in the area that would be interested).......
But - just for grins - I pulled up the PSU ticket site to see what they cost.......

Holy moley

Scalpers will take a beating.

Certainly not my thing either. Just pointing out that as usual, @ PSU you pay more and get less.

I get it.

It will be interesting to see the attendance claimed by Penn State versus estimates from attendees.

I get it.

It will be interesting to see the attendance claimed by Penn State versus estimates from attendees.

The pictures will certainly be interesting. Tickets are now $25 with no buyers. 2 of the openers have been playing free concerts around town for a week.

The pictures will certainly be interesting. Tickets are now $25 with no buyers. 2 of the openers have been playing free concerts around town for a week.

Wow. I thought this bro country stuff was really popular and would draw in all the Pennsyltuckyans. Penn State probably thought so too. ;)

Wow. I thought this bro country stuff was really popular and would draw in all the Pennsyltuckyans. Penn State probably thought so too. ;)

Not my cup-of-tea either, but the wife was interested until we found out the hotel rates. Are they lett8ng RV's in the ORV lot?

I have heard that Metallica was an option before but assumed it was just a rumor. Were they a real consideration?

I have heard that Metallica was an option before but assumed it was just a rumor. Were they a real consideration?

I believe that to be totally false. Our NLC rep told us back in March that this is a trial event. They want to see how it goes never having done it before. They chose the current act hoping they would get between 25-30k in attendance. The thought is to basically stress test systems and processes prior to doing a larger event in the stadium.

My understanding is that they are already learning lessons about the event. Such as the entrances to the field level have resulted in challenges due to their low height and narrow width versus other venues.

I personally have no interest in the acts they have selected but I hope they learn a ton about how to do this and then bring in a real stadium performer next year.

A group of friends are going to tailgate at the event while our daughter and a few friends go to the concert. It is a good excuse to tailgate with friends. I would never buy a ticket and travel to see that lineup. I have heard from many people that sales were well below expectations. My guess is 20,000 people

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
A group of friends are going to tailgate at the event while our daughter and a few friends go to the concert. It is a good excuse to tailgate with friends. I would never buy a ticket and travel to see that lineup. I have heard from many people that sales were well below expectations. My guess is 20,000 people
We are doing very much the same thing. Tailgate is planned with friends that have tix...we said from day one we'd tailgate, but had no interest in the event. Not a BS / brocountry fan...and the stress test is a load of crap. They overreached on the appeal of the headliner.

I believe that to be totally false. Our NLC rep told us back in March that this is a trial event. They want to see how it goes never having done it before. They chose the current act hoping they would get between 25-30k in attendance. The thought is to basically stress test systems and processes prior to doing a larger event in the stadium.

My understanding is that they are already learning lessons about the event. Such as the entrances to the field level have resulted in challenges due to their low height and narrow width versus other venues.

I personally have no interest in the acts they have selected but I hope they learn a ton about how to do this and then bring in a real stadium performer next year.
"Your NLC rep"?

There's an honest, unconflicted, reliable source :)

No one would have known enough to take a tape measure to the portholes? (Is there an Assistant/Associate administrative position for that? "In Charge of Tape Measurements"?).

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
When Paul McCartney played the BJC a couple of years ago I heard Bernie Punt (BJC manager) in a radio interview say that the initial discussions involved him playing in Beaver stadium but that fell through. The show was in October, during FB season, so I suspect that could have had something to do with it. Anyway, it would have been cool to see a Beatle in Beaver stadium.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I think the biggest problem wasn't the selection of the act but the prices of the tickets. Bro Country is wildly popular. So are Big Mac's, if you catch my drift. But in this area they out charged their audience. I am surprised that tickets on the resale market - if they're really $30 - aren't selling. That may be the result of their target demographic having initially checked out prices, said no way, and now not realize how much they've fallen.

Timing might not have been great either. Lots of people come to town for 4th Fest and Arts Fest. With HVJ right in the middle of those two events people might not have wanted to make multiple trips here over a short period of time.

When Paul McCartney played the BJC a couple of years ago I heard Bernie Punt (BJC manager) in a radio interview say that the initial discussions involved him playing in Beaver stadium but that fell through. The show was in October, during FB season, so I suspect that could have had something to do with it. Anyway, it would have been cool to see a Beatle in Beaver stadium.

How does Bernie Punt not work at Beaver Stadium?

Reactions: mn78psu83
I see why they call it Happy Valley Jam.

daiseydukesdudes.jpg

Jelly don't shake like that.

How does Bernie Punt not work at Beaver Stadium?

What would he do there? There's no events, although I'm sure he could have advised that this wasn't the best idea. Or maybe agreed to give Metallica a % of the alcohol sales instead of resisting and bringing in these no names.

What would he do there? There's no events, although I'm sure he could have advised that this wasn't the best idea. Or maybe agreed to give Metallica a % of the alcohol sales instead of resisting and bringing in these no names.
I think you missed the pun(t). Think Iowa 6 PSU 4.

The Redneck Rampage is in Bloomsburg this weekend.

Lots of...people...who would typically attend shit bro-country concerts like this one are hanging out at the Bloom Fairgrounds.

I've also heard this concert is kind of a proof of concept production to get some past performance in place to lure bigger acts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT