ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to the Happy Valley Jam?

Seeing as Blake Shelton doesn't come on until 9:30+, not looking too too bad

Can someone send an updated pic of beaver stadium tonight

I'd say that was a success. Now if anyone from Penn State is reading this board, get an act like U2 to play there next.

Reactions: PSUPride1
They totally underestimated beer sales. You got a wristband with 3 tabs on it when you scanned your id. Each time you bought a beer they pulled a tab. Well the line got so long that they stopped scanning ids, so everyone just ripped off their bands and got served unlimited times. That's really going to help the bottom line (as long as nobody gets seriously hurt.) the groups selling the booze get 10% of sales, they probably cleared $2500 a station, no joke.

I'd say the event was a success. Lessons learned for sure, but that was half the point of the debut event.

The real measure of success will be who the 2nd concert features.

I'd say the event was a success. Lessons learned for sure, but that was half the point of the debut event.

The real measure of success will be who the 2nd concert features.

I would argue that was the only point of this event. Also, who they get will not be the measure of future success. Event efficiency and profit will be.

Reactions: JSeaman
Well who they get is directly related to profit.

Obviously you can't do this again and have your high water mark set at 30k tickets.

Blake has problems - his girlfriend ain't one of them...

GWEN-STEFANI-in-Bikinis-on-the-Beach-in-Miami-26.jpg

Has anyone seen an "official" attendance number from last night?

I'd also like to know the "official" versus actual level of OUTRAGE. :eek: . Is it like football where the actual OUTRAGE. :eek: is far greater than what the university announces?

Reactions: mn78psu83
My wife and I went last night and had a great time. Music was good not huge country but like Blake. Puts on good show. Went to restroom and only one other person there. People around me never at beaver stadium and were impressed. It had it's flaws but at least they tried something new. Went to see Metallica month ago two hours of blasting music and didn't understand one word. At least last night could understand what was being said. It's over now many of you can find something else to complain about. By the way I'm 62 and trying new things not always bad.

My wife and I went last night and had a great time. Music was good not huge country but like Blake. Puts on good show. Went to restroom and only one other person there. People around me never at beaver stadium and were impressed. It had it's flaws but at least they tried something new. Went to see Metallica month ago two hours of blasting music and didn't understand one word. At least last night could understand what was being said. It's over now many of you can find something else to complain about. By the way I'm 62 and trying new things not always bad.

I, for one, will find other things to complain about, but I intend to complain about this for at least a few more weeks. :eek:

As for new things, it's not as though one has to spend all that money and head to Beaver Stadium to experience this music. Also, not everyone complaining here has issues with the idea of a concert at Beaver Stadium.

Glad you had a good time.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I was surprised at how good the music sounded. For all the jokes we made over the years about the poor sound system in the stadium, the acoustics for the concert were pretty good.

Reactions: mn78psu83

So you had the misfortune of clearly having to listen to country music?

Too bad so sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT