ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got for next We are 18 class commit?

Next 2018 class commit is?

• Rasheed Walker OT 4 star

Votes: 68 46.6%
  • Jahan Dotson WR 4 star

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Solomon Enis WR 4 star

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • Jayson Oweh DE 4 star

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Micah Parsons DE/LB 5 star

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Tyreke Smith DE 4 star

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Houston Griffith DB 4 star

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Kwantel Raines DB 4 star

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Justin Fields QB 5 star

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other (write it in)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The 18 class is amazing, and it isn't even over yet. Who in the world could have predicted what James and these guys have done in just 3 years? I'll take Dotson for the win.

I think you can safely remove Smith, Raines, and Fields from your list.

Reactions: ST8FAN
I doubt if we get more than one commit before January when either Oweh or Parsons will jump on board. That one will probably a WR, I'd guess Enis.

Rasheed Walker will be a very nice addition.
Fields is a distant memory. If PSU can land Oweh or Smith, OSU can have Parsons. I am guessing that Enis have very respectfully declined PSU and wishes to follow his own path. Very understandable.
If Raines had been anxious to commit early, Franklin would have taken him. I think it is understandable that he did not want to go thru the season as a PSU commit and take the abuse. Now, it is too late as PSU has others who are equal and even more highly rated. I actually feel a little sorry for Raines. I don't think he really wants Pitt.
I think Dotson will be PSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Fields is a distant memory. If PSU can land Oweh or Smith, OSU can have Parsons. I am guessing that Enis have very respectfully declined PSU and wishes to follow his own path. Very understandable.
If Raines had been anxious to commit early, Franklin would have taken him. I think it is understandable that he did not want to go thru the season as a PSU commit and take the abuse. Now, it is too late as PSU has others who are equal and even more highly rated. I actually feel a little sorry for Raines. I don't think he really wants Pitt.

Not as confident about Walker as you are. Walker would make this OL class the best in PSU history.

I still believe PSU is in it for Enis, as I believe Enis has an official visit planned for a game (October??). On the other hand, if there was room for Dotson why didn't he commit already? But I guess some would make that argument for Enis as well.

CJF is on such a run that it would be a disappointment if he didn't get one of Parsons/Oweh/Smith. Still need another DE to complete a phenomenal DL class. Also potentially the best in PSU history if CJF can close with one of the above 3 DE's.....

As far a Raines goes, I don't see it as him afraid to come to PSU. Young just seemed to have gotten the spot before him. Maybe the only way Raines had a spot was if Young went elsewhere. Most believed that CJF would take them both, but with the team needs on both lines and the big haul of DB's in 2017 class, the 20-20 hindsight tells me that there really was not a spot for 2 more safety's (in addition to Humphries), unless CJF missed on a lot of his top targets which we now know didn't happen. Who really knows, but it seems that WVU has a great chance for him at this point. Don't see him at PSU unless CJF goes o-for with his top targets down the stretch....

With the DE's in no hurry to make decisions, I'm going with either Walker or Enis as the next commit. But not necessarily any time soon......

Last edited:
I doubt if we get more than one commit before January when either Oweh or Parsons will jump on board. That one will probably a WR, I'd guess Enis.

assuming we are working with 2 or 3 at the most openings, this will be interesting. we have several of these players with PSU leanings. you could see just based on numbers and offers that we get 1-2 by December. if one is NOT Parsons, are they trying to put people off who they offered until Parsons decides in February? the entire class could actually be signed in December.

Reactions: Bertway0
Not as confident about Walker as you are. Walker would make this OL class the best in PSU history.

I still believe PSU is in it for Enis, as I believe Enis has an official visit planned for a game (October??). On the other hand, if there was room for Dotson why didn't he commit already? But I guess some would make that argument for Enis as well.

CJF is on such a run that it would be a disappointment if he didn't get one of Parsons/Oweh/Smith. Still need another DE to complete a phenomenal DL class. Also potentially the best in PSU history if CJF can close with one of the above 3 DE's.....

As far a Raines goes, I don't see it as him afraid to come to PSU. Young just seemed to have gotten the spot before him. Maybe the only way Raines had a spot was if Young went elsewhere. Most believed that CJF would take them both, but with the team needs on both lines and the big haul of DB's in 2017 class, the 20-20 hindsight tells me that there really was not a spot for 2 more safety's (in addition to Humphries), unless CJF missed on a lot of his top targets which we now know didn't happen. Who really knows, but it seems that WVU has a great chance for him at this point.

With the DE's in no hurry to make decisions, I'm going with either Walker or Enis as the next commit. But not necessarily any time soon......

Enis is coming for the IU game.

If Enis had already declined ... why would be coming all the way back across the country to visit again ?

I am shooting for the moon.

Butts does not qualify and that gets us down to 22.

Then, in no particular order:

Walker - flushes out a full line and keeps him from Maryland
Oweh - lots of talent and a future 2-3 year starter after a RS and keeps him away from OSU
Parsons - Great impact, adding a 5 star and an eventual defensive star at perhaps more than one position - keeps a PA kid home and keeps him away from OSU
Raines - Get a kid from a Pitt feeder and broadens our rep in the WPIAL - flexible player who adds versatility as a DB or a LB - keeps him from Pitt
Houston Griffith - Best remaining DB - Howard Griffith's son which strengthens Franklin's relation ship to BIG analysts - IMG contacts - future 2-3 year starter as a CB - keeps him from OSU / Michigan
Dotson - small and fast slot receiver to complement Shorter and George - keeps him from OSU

Enis is a similar receiver to Shorter and George
Have to think that OSU keeps Smith home
I think that Fields will look at these assembled parts and have a glimmer of an idea that he might have made a mistake to de-commit, but the national press/his posse and the bagmen are in his ear that PSU is beneath him and he goes to FSU or Auburn.

With Shorter and Parsons as five stars and a couple of the current 3 stars elevated to 4 stars, this would be the single best recruiting class ever in PSU history.

Enis is a legacy kid and he will be given the time and preference needed to make his decision.

The fact that Enis is planning an Indiana trip tells me something. That is that there is likely a spot for him. If Coach needed an earlier decision I don't think he would have agreed to a trip then. I think Enis is part of this class if HE wants to be part of it.

Sorry, I thought I prefaced my post as "a guess."

Yeah ....I saw that.

And again I ask if you think Enis already has declined to come to PSU, why he is bothering to make a return trip in a few weeks? Do you think that makes sense?

Not arguing... simply asking?

Yeah ....I saw that.

And again I ask if you think Enis already has declined to come to PSU, why he is bothering to make a return trip in a few weeks? Do you think that makes sense?

Not arguing... simply asking?
Could be as simple as Dad saying,"do me a favor and go back one more time before you choose."

I just think the mating dance should be over one way or the other. If he is not a "silent verbal".....and I don't understand why that would be the case, what is he waiting for? The fact that he is a legacy and has not committed (in spite of his statement about JF getting an extension etc) leads me to believe he wants to "be his own man......" and not deal with the legacy of his father at PSU. As I stated previously, I could understand and respect that. The class is filling up and I wonder if he is that much better than others who might be ready to commit before he is "ready."
There is a numbers game that will come into play. Some really good prospects are going to be turned away. Can PSU take Enis AND Dotson?

Some say we will take 27, which leaves 4 spots. One of those spots, like it or not, will be held for Parsons, perhaps another for Oweh, leaving 2 spots. I'm hoping that we actually don't "hold" any spots and my reasoning for that, is that everyone, including us, loses one or two down the stretch, no matter what happens. It happens to Bama, SC, Ohio St, all the SEC, seemingly every year. I'd be fine with getting up to, say, 26 and then holding for Parsons and if it doesn't happen, then get another Brooks at the last minute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT