ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you like to see Penn State beat in 2023? Michigan @ home or Ohio State in Columbus?

Which would you prefer to see in 2023? Penn State beat Michigan at home or Ohio State in Columbus?

• Michigan at home

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Ohio State in Columbus

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Which would you rather see in 2023? Penn State beat Michigan at home or beat Ohio State in Columbus?

One thing is for sure: if we lose both games next year then this board will erupt like never before. Every second post will be "Fire Franklin and the whole coaching staff". If we lose any game before the Ohio State game then the same thing will happen.

One thing is for sure: if we lose both games next year then this board will erupt like never before. Every second post will be "Fire Franklin and the whole coaching staff". If we lose any game before the Ohio State game then the same thing will happen.
Or if we win it all the board trolls will claim it was due to weak opponents or some other nonsense and never give credit to Franklin.

Or if we win it all the board trolls will claim it was due to weak opponents or some other nonsense and never give credit to Franklin.
like I said, it's a win win, if we lose any games people can complain because Allar should've gotten more playing time last year and if we win it all people can say "see, Allar should've been the starter all last year too!"

Reactions: marshall23
WE DESERVE BETTER 😤

Why? Michigan is clearly the better team. Established quarterback, best RB duo in college football, etc. They beats us by at least 14.
Because we never win at Ohio Stadium. If we get over that hump, I think we go on a roll.

Winning at Ohio State would be bigger. I still feel like they're the team to beat in the B1G and a win at Ohio State would be a better win than a home win vs Michigan. Franklin has recruited to match up with Ohio State and beat them so it would validate what he's done to get us to this point.

As far as expectations, I expect to win every other game and expect to be very competitive with Michigan and Ohio State with a chance to win. I certainly don't "expect" a win vs either of them. Hopefully we can change their mindset where they don't expect a win vs us either. I know neither of them are comfortable when they have to come to Happy Valley.

Reactions: john4psu
If we can only win one of the two, I want to beat the team with the highest ranking when we play them.

For those that believe that a first-year starting QB is going to waltz into Ohio Stadium and come away with a win, here's some facts, aka reality, to sink into your craniums, as not many visiting quarterbacks come away with a win in Columbus, let alone first-year starters.

Ryan Day has a 24-2 home record in the Shoe. That's a .923 winning percentage.

Ohio State has lost only 12 home games in the past 21 years. A home record of 135-12 for a .918 winning percentage. That percentage is pulled down by Luke Fickell's season as head coach in 2011 when Ohio State had a 5-2 record that year at home. That was the last time Penn State won in Columbus under Penn State head coach Tom Bradley.

Penn State's only other win in Columbus this century was in 2008.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT