ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have thought that Saquon Barkley would be this good?

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
The team is 7-3 and it is safe to say that without Saquon Barkley this season would have been miserable. Some might say that it has been miserable. Okay. Without Saquon Barkley this season would have been worse than miserable.

The team is 7-3 and it is safe to say that without Saquon Barkley this season would have been miserable. Some might say that it has been miserable. Okay. Without Saquon Barkley this season would have been worse than miserable.
Me. I had been amazed for two seasons by this kid. He played behind offensive lines as bad as the one he's playing behind now, yet he made it work. My hope is he stays healthy long enough to play behind a truly great line. I want to see that.

Me. I had been amazed for two seasons by this kid. He played behind offensive lines as bad as the one he's playing behind now, yet he made it work. My hope is he stays healthy long enough to play behind a truly great line. I want to see that.
I should have made the disclaimer, "other than EPC FAN."

Reactions: step.eng69
Got to say I saw him play last year and was not the impressed. Maybe he had a bad game. He sure is impressive this year.

Sorry about that, but everyone here loves the kid. He's a great kid.

Which game?
You had the first hand view. I loved his film, but you know how that goes. The staff had great things to say about him before the season and that piqued my curiosity. Now we can all see. He has just has IT.

Amazing considering this staff cannot develop talent, so must be all him. He is a difference maker and should be fun to watch the next couple of years.

Amazing considering this staff cannot develop talent, so must be all him. He is a difference maker and should be fun to watch the next couple of years.
I think the staff got his conditioning to a level high school couldn't get it. He is bigger, yet leaner than last year. To me, that says the staff is refining him.

which is why things are so frustrating. One would think with opponents so keyed up on Barkley, they would find a way to get success out of the passing game.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Honestly I don't remember. I know it was at Whitehall and I think they lost. Maybe Emmaus? All I remember is that I thought that he didn't break any long runs. But as you said he didn't have much help up front.

Honestly I don't remember. I know it was at Whitehall and I think they lost. Maybe Emmaus? All I remember is that I thought that he didn't break any long runs. But as you said he didn't have much help up front.

The only home game they lost was to Freedom, on the last play of the game. He had over a hundred and two TDs in that game, but the Patriots did the best job on him. His offensive line last year had a freshman, two sophomores and two Seniors.

Good thing O'Brien recruited him...oh wait, CJF recruited him...but why wait to give even more of CJF's guys a chance to get here and start contributing. The coaching experts on this board have already decided Franklin isn't the guy and they could do better.

I think that may have been it. I really wasn't much interested in the score and I went with a couple of other guys. One was a Whitehall grad a LONG time ago. I just remember that Barkley wasn't that impressive in that game.

I think that with the way Nassib self-motivates, he'd be where he is no matter who the coach is.
I don't doubt that his self motivation has driven him to maximize his performance. You can not however assume that coaching did not help with his technique.

Agreed, It would be sickening if he had to spend his career running behind garbage

Reactions: EPC FAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT