ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the oldest who is the youngest member on this board

I guess I'm old. I sit on my porch a lot. Just the other day a young kid is walking by carrying chicken wire. I asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to catch some chickens. I said you can't catch chickens with chicken wire. Later he walks by with lots of chickens on his wire. The next day he walks by carrying duck tape. I asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to catch some ducks. I said you can't catch ducks with duck tape. Later he walks by with lots of ducks on his duck tape. The next day he walks by carrying pussy willow. I said wait up, let me get my hat.

I guess I'm old. I sit on my porch a lot. Just the other day a young kid is walking by carrying chicken wire. I asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to catch some chickens. I said you can't catch chickens with chicken wire. Later he walks by with lots of chickens on his wire. The next day he walks by carrying duck tape. I asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to catch some ducks. I said you can't catch ducks with duck tape. Later he walks by with lots of ducks on his duck tape. The next day he walks by carrying pussy willow. I said wait up, let me get my hat.
:D

Duct tape

...88, but I like to think I’m really half way to 176...
...I occasionally smile to myself when I think back to the mid-‘40s when I worked at Forbes Field and had occasional conversations with Honus Wagner and Pie Traynor and shagged balls for several Pirates who were taking extra batting practice before the gates opened... :)

...I occasionally smile to myself when I think back to the mid-‘40s when I worked at Forbes Field and had occasional conversations with Honus Wagner and Pie Traynor and shagged balls for several Pirates who were taking extra batting practice before the gates opened... :)

tumblr_inline_pdwb42DVVB1ssflgq_400.gifv

Last edited:
30 here, but my handle says I joined in 2013, when I would have been 23. Been reading BWI tho since the plot-it days, as my Old Man is a poster on here too and told me about it way back when.

My Pop is 90(?) and still gets the paper edition of BWI and we talk daily about what's happening on this board, but has never owned a computer.

Funny to think about though, that he could probably do fine typing, since he learned on a typer writer.

Thank you, your history should be shared with family, friends and this board.

I"m only 49 (and a half), but I don't see many that have been on the board longer (2001)

I"m only 49 (and a half), but I don't see many that have been on the board longer (2001)

You can't go by that date. I joined back when we were recruiting Bruce Branch. Whatever year that was. Back in the plot-it days.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Not about being smart. It’s about correcting a very common error. Duck is a brand, not a tape. But if someone wrote ‘irregardless‘ heads would be aching. Finally, piss off.

And I am 69. I think there are at least several posters older than me.

Agreed that it’s a common error, and would normally bug me too but a) as noted, there IS a brand, and b) the error is very forgivable in the service of a great joke

Reactions: hlstone

I’m right there with you age-wise... what month this year do you hit the half-century mark? November for me. I’m hoping the days between now and then move very, very slowly ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT