ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the weak spots on o-line?

The D was gashed this weekend, not really a secret there. You are a liar when it comes to PP...A LIAR. You made it up as you are a blue hair that needed a Joe guy so you used that against Franklin. You made a baseless claim and never once had anything to back it up. It was a disgusting attempt at a smear job by you...I'm just glad I called you out on it.
oh the D was gashed? Is not what you implied, you asked if I didnt like scoring 38, meaning that should be enough to win.
I never lied about PP, in every post I made, I said , 'this is what I think happened'. My claim was based on the relationship of CJF and Mark Duda, and I stated that a the time.
You need to move from JVP, and your hate of him.

oh the D was gashed? Is not what you implied, you asked if I didnt like scoring 38, meaning that should be enough to win.
I never lied about PP, in every post I made, I said , 'this is what I think happened'. My claim was based on the relationship of CJF and Mark Duda, and I stated that a the time.
You need to move from JVP, and your hate of him.

You're a liar and I don't hate Joe at all, never did...just another thing you are wrong about. You need to move on from him and stop your crusade against any coach not tied to him. You basically lied about Franklin's character for no good reason other than he wasn't one of Joe's. You had no reason to really believe that CJF would do such a thing at all, but it didn't stop you from spouting it out. Funny thing is after seeing Franklin's character the last few years, you still can't even own up to the fact your made up lie was wrong....sad.

Reactions: PSUoh90
No one mentions it but the biggest problem with the O-Line IMHO is the loss of Gaia. Nothing against McGovern, but losing a veteran and replacing him with a guy that never played center at the collegiate level is a big loss and McGovern has to grow into the position.

okay geniuses who is suppose to block #6?? and don't tell me 74, his Job is to turn up the hole. We lose 7 on this play, and that just might have been the game.
So as I said we don't block the end guy on the LOS, we try to read him and how did that work out for us?? Watch the play I am dying to hear your comments.

#74 was not the problem. The problem was #71 and #88 release and leave #6 untouched. Had either of them blocked #6 Barkley likely takes it to the house because the entire right side of the line was open due to the D pulling to their right which is where they think the play is going... damn.

No one mentions it but the biggest problem with the O-Line IMHO is the loss of Gaia. Nothing against McGovern, but losing a veteran and replacing him with a guy that never played center at the collegiate level is a big loss and McGovern has to grow into the position.

McGovern was a center in HS, and a damned good one at that. Gaia was moved to Center because he committed so many false starts... and Gaia also threw the ball over McSorely's head - what 3 or 4 times last year? McGovern is not the problem... not even close.

Reactions: liontown331
Yeah, I really think McGovern has been playing at a pretty good level this year, and has a pretty good argument for being the best lineman on the team along with Bates (when healthy). McGovern has been far from a problem.

#74 was not the problem. The problem was #71 and #88 release and leave #6 untouched. Had either of them blocked #6 Barkley likely takes it to the house because the entire right side of the line was open due to the D pulling to their right which is where they think the play is going... damn.
I am not a coach nor do I claim any detailed insight on OL blocking schemes, but could it be that in the play you are mentioning, that #71 -who was pressed into LT service - had his RT blocking responsibility in his mind when the play was called and executed. I have to give #71 some slack. Doubt he practiced much @ LT last week and then suddenly moved and has to face several top tier DEs. He is afterall a RSFreshman. #88, he is experienced and we already know is not known to be an aggressive blocker. Just a thot about that particular play.

and that is my point, 71 and 88 are suppose to leave the guy unblocked, this is who we 'read', TM is suppose to make a decision to give or handoff based on the DE reaction, any reaction other than the one he had , we have a play. We ran this play earlier in the game very successfully, but at a time we could take a chance.

You're a liar and I don't hate Joe at all, never did...just another thing you are wrong about. You need to move on from him and stop your crusade against any coach not tied to him. You basically lied about Franklin's character for no good reason other than he wasn't one of Joe's. You had no reason to really believe that CJF would do such a thing at all, but it didn't stop you from spouting it out. Funny thing is after seeing Franklin's character the last few years, you still can't even own up to the fact your made up lie was wrong....sad.
I am tired of you calling me a liar. I did not lie then, and I did not lie about CJF character. You cant lie about opinions, I stated this as an opinion about the PP situation, never once did I say, 'I know this as a fact, mark it down' I always said 'this is what I think happened', now you can say you dont believe me, but you cant call me a liar. Relative to CJF, his job is to make PSU as good as it can be, telling a coach his kid will start says nothing about his character, and I dont know why you would think that. That's paranoid .

I am tired of you calling me a liar. I did not lie then, and I did not lie about CJF character. You cant lie about opinions, I stated this as an opinion about the PP situation, never once did I say, 'I know this as a fact, mark it down' I always said 'this is what I think happened', now you can say you dont believe me, but you cant call me a liar. Relative to CJF, his job is to make PSU as good as it can be, telling a coach his kid will start says nothing about his character, and I dont know why you would think that. That's paranoid .
You're a liar or you just like to make things up as an adult...either way...it's not normal. You had no reason to make things up like that, but you did...most adults I know don't make up baseless rumors as it's not normal.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
images

Don't make things up then....it's not very credible to do so. When you make things up with nothing to back such claims and for no reason, you're no better than a child spreading unfounded rumors. Don't like it, don't do it. It's not that hard to do for most adults.

Who does everybody think are the weak spots on the offensive line and who should take their spot?

I would have to believe that the coaches would have taken care of this by now if there were better players available. This is a young OLine. IMO, they are getting better and will eventually be real good. Patience, we just played one of the best DLines if not the best in the country.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

No offense but Gaia was god awful

Early on he had issues, not really to close out the year after swapping spots late in his career.

As a center he made the calls..some people just think he snapped the ball and that was the end of it. That is the part of the game that McGovern had to move into and it's taken time imho for him to adjust, which is normal.

I get it...you think it's ok for you to go after Franklin's integrity by making things up with no real just cause, but don't like being called out on it.
you still dont get it, and I dont understand how CJF promising a kid a job is going after his integrity, but whatever. You can call me out all day on it, and I'll explain why I think it went down that way (I believe I already have) , just dont call me a liar, because I didnt lie.

We all need to come to grips with the fact that a once-in-a-generation running back will go to the NFL next year, and a record-breaking QB with legs is leaving too. So is the best TE in the country. When Limegrover's O-line eventually gets good, the playmakers that were supposed to take this team to a national title will be gone.

Who here sees Tommy Stevens and Miles Sanders winning it all next year?
Is Tommy playing TE when Gesicki Leaves b because he aint playing QB next year

He snapped the ball over Mcsorelys head at least 5 times. He was a signicant contributor in the couple losses they had last year
Oh you mean in his first starts ever at the position....he wasn't the only one that contributed to those losses. They didn't let Trace run until week 5. He also played great down the stretch or do you just block that out?

I expect the OL to improve each week after this OSU game, providing Bates is back if injuries go away for the rest of the season.

Oh you mean in his first starts ever at the position....he wasn't the only one that contributed to those losses. They didn't let Trace run until week 5. He also played great down the stretch or do you just block that out?

Pretty sure if you look at most successful power 5 teams you won't see their center snapping the ball over the QB's head multiple times in a year. How many times you see McGovern do it this year? Gaia played a few good games last year that was it. He looked awful in the USC game.

Pretty sure if you look at most successful power 5 teams you won't see their center snapping the ball over the QB's head multiple times in a year. How many times you see McGovern do it this year? Gaia played a few good games last year that was it. He looked awful in the USC game.
i guess you have a really short memory. Pissing on Gaia, what a DB! He went through a ton of crap while at PSU. Swapped over to OL 2 years in, moved to center his final year. The kids up there loved him, but hey he had some high snaps in his first year there...you got me. Wow...I swear every fanbase has some. Kid helps lead PSU out of the dark and to a BT title and you want to talk about the few missed snaps and then completely block out the bad ones early this year. Which again were a new starter and got better as the season went on...go figure.

Last edited:
i guess you have a really short memory. Pissing on Gaia, what a DB! He went through a ton of crap while at PSU. Swapped over to OL 2 years in, moved to center his final year. The kids up there loved him, but hey he had some high snaps in his first year there...you got me. Wow...I swear every fanbase has some. Kid helps lead PSU out of the dark and to a BT title and you want to talk about the few missed snaps and then completely block out the bad ones early this year. Which again were a new starter and got better as the season went on...go figure.

Never said he was a bad guy. I don't really care if he stayed during the dark years or if it was his first year at center. Basically just making excuses for him for how bad he played. Good guy but as far as skill wise good riddance.

Never said he was a bad guy. I don't really care if he stayed during the dark years or if it was his first year at center. Basically just making excuses for him for how bad he played. Good guy but as far as skill wise good riddance.
BT champ too!!! I really don't care for POS fans either as they piss on kids they couldn't hold a light to.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
You're a idiot. Doesn't surprise me half the board doesn't like you

If LaJolla is an idiot what does that make you?

Calling out players (or asking people to do so) like you did in the initial post is totally classless and pathetic. If you’re too stupid to know who is struggling by watching and need to validate yourself by posting it on a message board it speaks volumes about your intellect.

And by the way: You should take ENGL 004. I hope you didn’t actually graduate from Penn State.

Calling out players (or asking people to do so) like you did in the initial post is totally classless and pathetic. If you’re too stupid to know who is struggling by watching and need to validate yourself by posting it on a message board it speaks volumes about your intellect.

And by the way: You should take ENGL 004. I hope you didn’t actually graduate from Penn State.

This is the Godwin’s Law of BWI/McAndrew.

Godwin’s Law states that all arguments degrade to comparing someone to Hitler/the NAZIs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

What exactly are you guys arguing about? Yes, if our offense scored 38 points I expect the team to win. The defense didn't do it's job. Yes, the OL is probably the weakest position group on the team. Finally, every team has negative plays...it happens.

What exactly are you guys arguing about? Yes, if our offense scored 38 points I expect the team to win. The defense didn't do it's job. Yes, the OL is probably the weakest position group on the team. Finally, every team has negative plays...it happens.
Pretty much it, dead on. Somehow Brian Gaia got tossed under the bus too...it happens I guess.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Patterson825
Who does everybody think are the weak spots on the offensive line and who should take their spot?

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

I'm kidding....I think.

Besides the 36 yard touchdown run, Barkley was held to 8 yards on 20 carries. That is....sub optimal.

Last edited:
I assume the 5 out there are the best we've got.

Bates - RS So
Gonzalez - RS So
McGovern - So
Mahon- Sr
Wright - RS Jr

A little bit young but not exceedingly so. McGovern is a true sophomore but everybody else is at least in their 3rd year. I assume Nelson is done which is unfortunate. Menet, Fries, and Gellerstadt are RS Fr so they're probably at least a year away. Miranda and Thorpe are true Fr. Jenkins might be done.

Sanders will have a good two years if these kids develop. If not we're in for a bit of rebuilding.

Not exceedingly young, but understand that most of the lineman at that level dont see the field to their redshirt JR or SR year.

1. I don't have time to watch every snap of every Penn State game.

2. Gaia wasn't good. I'm sorry if that deeply offends you and that makes me pathetic. Next time I'll just be delusional and say he's a first round pick. Huge blow to the team!!

3. For now on I'll proof read everything I post on a online sports message board so you don't get butthurt about it. Get a life.

4. Anytime you want to run your mouth in person which I highly doubt you would I'm in State College every 2 weeks and I'll be at the Nebraska game. Would love to meet up

1. I don't have time to watch every snap of every Penn State game.

2. Gaia wasn't good. I'm sorry if that deeply offends you and that makes me pathetic. Next time I'll just be delusional and say he's a first round pick. Huge blow to the team!!

3. For now on I'll proof read everything I post on a online sports message board so you don't get butthurt about it. Get a life.

4. Anytime you want to run your mouth in person which I highly doubt you would I'm in State College every 2 weeks and I'll be at the Nebraska game. Would love to meet up

Because you evidently aren't that bright and can't read, I will inform you that I wasn't talking about Gaia. A thread to call out individual players on the current team who are giving it their all is pathetic. One doesn't have to watch every snap to know what players are doing well and which ones aren't. And regardless none of them deserve to be called out on a message board in this manner.

You must be related to 21 Guns and like wrasslin' in the Champs parking lot. Nice sig pic too--if that's you, it totally goes along with the "bro" attitude displayed on here.

Once again I'll re-iterate that I hope you are not a Penn State graduate.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT