ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s on upset alert this weekend?

I could see all of them going down, also got a gut feeling about Michigan to Nebraska and Notre Dame to Wake Forest.. Just a gut feeling ...
I don'T see Nebraska beating Michigan @ Ann Arbor. Michigan is settling down. Nebraska might compete if Martinez plays, but still don"T see an upset.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I could see all of them going down, also got a gut feeling about Michigan to Nebraska and Notre Dame to Wake Forest.. Just a gut feeling ...

Looks like Brian Kelly is benching Wimbush. ND Looking for more offense.

Like all your picks.

Eugene is a VERY difficult environment so could see Stanford losing there
TCU is not great and now Texas is sky high with confidence
Don't sleep on Indiana, they might be pretty good
Same as Eugene, Kinnick very tough at night plus Iowa defense matches well vs. Wiscy defense

Loooooooong shot.... Mizzou over UGA. It's one of those dreaded 12-noon kick-offs and Mizzou has a very good QB. IF Georgia is still half asleep and IF the Mizzou QB is hot....

Like all your picks.

Same as Eugene, Kinnick very tough at night plus Iowa defense matches well vs. Wiscy defense

Loooooooong shot.... Mizzou over UGA. It's one of those dreaded 12-noon kick-offs and Mizzou has a very good QB. IF Georgia is still half asleep and IF the Mizzou QB is hot....
Kiber, like your picks as well until you got to Mizzou over Georgia. Georgia is legit with too much talent for Mizzou's poor defense to handle. UGA will probably put up 60 against them. If Purdue scored 37 against Mizzou, then UGA can double it. And no way will Mizzou put up 40 on UGA like they did to Purdue. Not only comparing scores, but the talent disparity is too great. No love for UGA, but don't see it happening. You have too many if's.........We will probably see Justin Fields get a lot of backup QB work in this one for UGA.

Don't know where they will occur, but they will, especially since teams are now getting into conference play.

Like all your picks.

Georgia could be fully asleep and still beat Missouri.

Reactions: Tri-Power65
Michigan falling to Nebraska will be quite an upset.

Agree, not going to happen. Have to laugh at the PSU and OSU fans that think the key game in the BIG is in HV in two weeks. Forgetting about the Wolverines is a huge mistake as they've really kicked it into gear the last couple of weeks. The Brown-led defense will be too much for both PSU and OSU - by far the best defense in the BIG and maybe the country.

Agree, not going to happen. Have to laugh at the PSU and OSU fans that think the key game in the BIG is in HV in two weeks. Forgetting about the Wolverines is a huge mistake as they've really kicked it into gear the last couple of weeks. The Brown-led defense will be too much for both PSU and OSU - by far the best defense in the BIG and maybe the country.

You guys lost to a Brandon Wimbush led Notre Dame team. Don't get too excited.

So like last year?

Reactions: Bertway0
"Ah dink Pin Date ith oberated and da Fightin' Illini be due for dah win. Illini big ober Pin Date."
Will the real Desmond please stand up ...
dm_160824_Desmond_Howard_on_LSU.jpg
latest

Reactions: PSU Soupy
42 - 13 last season and we could've scored another at the end.

By the way, since when is Desmond allowed to post on our board?

Too bad the Wolverines also have to field an offense. Their offense is offensive. :cool:

Every team, every week should be on upset alert. It can happen to anyone any game. Happens every week.

Kiber, like your picks as well until you got to Mizzou over Georgia. Georgia is legit with too much talent for Mizzou's poor defense to handle. UGA will probably put up 60 against them. If Purdue scored 37 against Mizzou, then UGA can double it. And no way will Mizzou put up 40 on UGA like they did to Purdue. Not only comparing scores, but the talent disparity is too great. No love for UGA, but don't see it happening. You have too many if's.........We will probably see Justin Fields get a lot of backup QB work in this one for UGA.

Notice I called it a "Loooooooong shot". Living here in Atlanta I am very aware of the UGA talent. But every year we see incredible upsets in college football that make no sense.... Last year Iowa St beat Oklahoma in Norman, tell me who predicted that before it happened. Iowa not only beat Ohio St but they CRUSHED the Bucks, tell me who predicted that before it happened. Heck, 3 weeks ago App St was within 1 minute of shocking us in our home opener.

I agree. IF Georgia is on their "A" game then they beat Mizzou by 21+ points easy. But seeing so many teams thru the years struggle with 12-noon kick-offs, it would not surprise me to see UGA come out flat. Mizzou's QB is a 1st round NFL Draft pick. It would take EVERYTHING aligning for Mizzou to pull this off.

UL Monroe catches Troy in a good spot, I like them to win as a home dog.
Ha, you always know a sharp bettor when he is looking at ULMon. I was hoping to take the points, but the line has moved a bit. Probably will take them anyway with a sprinkle on the money line.

I think Wake can hang with ND.

Nebraska is possibly starting a true freshman QB that is hurt and may not even play. He is a dual threat guy with a knee injury.
If he doesn't play, the next guy up is a walk on. A tall order for either guy making a trip to the Big House against a top 10 defense. Harbaugh has a good ATS record in early season B10 games (3-0 in B10 openers - all as double digit favorites).

First game of the year. Watch who's hoisting the championship trophy in Indy this year !!!

I agree. NU aint beating Meat Chicken this year. But the secret to life's happiness is understanding your place and embracing it. As I look up to the rafters of Lucas Oil Field I don't see a Michigan championship banner. Franklin is out-recruiting Carbaugh. The worm has turned. Here's your theme song. From the Jethro Tull. Embrace it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT