ADVERTISEMENT

Which Of You Fools is Sending Death Threats

Dismissing this as some other fan base is the easy way out. Every fan base of a major team be it at the college or pro level has their share of moronic fans, PSU included. I don't care if it was actual PSU fans or other fans, it's detestable behavior either way. If you are so inclined, it is possible to be critical and to complain without crossing the line into personal attacks and threats.
Heck, there are fights breaking out among parents at pop warner games. We have all lost our minds!

330,000,000 million people in the US - and how many are total idiots that we would have never heard of if it wasn't for social media - these morons would rant to their dogs in the past - I don't know if there are more of less of them now but they can get an outside amount of attention now - since it was a death threat I hope the authorities track them down and they get some serious jail time - maybe that will register with their pea brains.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Here is how you silence Internet Tough Guys: have someone dedicated to looking up who they are and report them to their place of employment.

Now, I know that won't work if someone has a fake account, burner, etc....you will never fix those clowns. However, maybe it can deter many who are in the heat of the moment from doing something stupid.

Here is how you silence Internet Tough Guys: have someone dedicated to looking up who they are and report them to their place of employment.

Now, I know that won't work if someone has a fake account, burner, etc....you will never fix those clowns. However, maybe it can deter many who are in the heat of the moment from doing something stupid.
Report them to the police if you know who they are. It’s clear they aren’t stable.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Oh come in. You always do this-always assume our fab base is a bunch of goody two shied. We are not. We are as much a group of a-holes as any other fan base.whether it was in this case or not it doesn’t mean we should ignore the stupid things our own fan base has done.
I said "most likely" - which says that I believe there's a 51% chance that some of the "death threats" came from outside our fan base. If you aren't on board w/ that, fine. Just my opinion which I'm entitled to.

Reactions: NC2017
330,000,000 million people in the US - and how many are total idiots that we would have never heard of if it wasn't for social media - these morons would rant to their dogs in the past .
That fact that nut cases can now rant on social media is a good thing because their poor dogs shouldn’t have to listen to it.

Should be called anti-social media.

Turns out giving people unlimited access to information and instant connectivity with people from different backgrounds and cultures from all parts of the earth didn’t lead to a richer, more civil society, but rather one where trolling, self importance, and this inherent need to let everyone know what you are thinking at all times (and cat pictures) prevailed. Thanks Zuckerturd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dailybuck777
Turns out given people unlimited access to information and instant connectivity with people from different backgrounds and cultures and all parts of the earth didn’t lead to a richer, more civil society, but rather one where trolling, self importance, and this inherent need to let everyone know what you are thinking at all times (and cat pictures) prevailed. Thanks Zuckerturd.
There are 4 times more dog pictures than cat pictures.

Awesome, it's a headline on ESPN. Anytime we can possibly denigrate ourselves, we get a ton of play, when we do something good, nothing burger. The sutherland thing was a big national story, now "crazy penn state fans" threatening to kill their QB, sick cult."
It happens everywhere...Pat McAfee won’t even go back to WVU because of death threats after missing field goals. There’s examples all over the place.

you really think these people have jobs?
They’re sitting in their mommy’s basement.

Sorry if posted, been away from the board. Read where Clifford received death threats after the Minnie loss. Lots of blame to spread around, their QB was 18-20. These aren’t PSU fans who do that,

Sorry if posted, been away from the board. Read where Clifford received death threats after the Minnie loss. Lots of blame to spread around, their QB was 18-20. These aren’t PSU fans who do that,

N O R M !

Look before you post.....even Cliff knows that!

“Acknowledge threats”

I know that nobody here can have the answer, but does anyone think an arrest can be made? Will anyway be held accountable? I hope the threats came from just one person and they can be identified.

Am I the only one who isn't sure PSU "fans" made these threats. Also, isn't there a way for Twitter, or FB to "see" the senders IP address? I realize they can be disguised, but maybe some aren't.
I would find it more likely that this is an aspect of negative recruiting and it is not a PSU fan.

Anonymity is the problem and death threats are not free speech.
I would love to see these punks get caught, prosecuted and sentenced to a long jail term without the possibility of parole.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
PSU students, alumni, and administrators need to realize the football program (and by proxy the University) will remain the target of attacks from other fan bases and media for a generation (perhaps more). We all know the cause of this tidal social current, but regardless of how you view the merit of that moon, all of us in the PSU community should first temper our responses given that many of these attacks are intended to provoke a retort that is likely to be picked up and amplified by media. Unfortunately that's the reality now, and from an IT perspective, we need to be putting in place the supporting tools to expose these losers. It's not difficult.

Last edited:
It would however be nice if every-time one of our fans acts like a total moron it wasn't illuminated on social media or interviews by the team thus making it national news, but whatever.

Reactions: odshowtime
It would however be nice if every-time one of our fans acts like a total moron it wasn't illuminated on social media or interviews by the team thus making it national news, but whatever.

Screw that. The only way to combat this kind of crap is to put it out there, make it known what's going on. By doing nothing and saying nothing it only emboldens those who send these kinds of horrific threats.

Yeah Franklin should just sit back and be quiet and let "fans" THREATEN HIS STARTING QUARTERBACK'S LIFE and not have his back in public. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: SMFH

Screw that. The only way to combat this kind of crap is to put it out there, make it known what's going on. By doing nothing and saying nothing it only emboldens those who send these kinds of horrific threats.

Yeah, fair enough. Selfishly it would just be nice if our minority of fans that are either racist or violent didn't receive national attention.

Reactions: odshowtime
I would find it more likely that this is an aspect of negative recruiting and it is not a PSU fan.
My guess is that it has nothing to do with real fandom either way. Most likely Drunk betters/gamblers who lost money because of being over confident PSU would cover.

Reactions: PSUoh90
My guess is that it has nothing to do with real fandom either way. Most likely Drunk betters/gamblers who lost money because of being over confident PSU would cover.

The drunk part is the most likely scenario. Some idiot who started his basement tailgating at 8:00 with some Bloody Mary's. Then lost a few rounds of beer pong. Probably did some shots in the first half as we fell behind. And was completely stupid drunk as the game ended and couldn't stop himself from hitting the send button.

Rules to follow:
1. Don't drunk text.
2. Don't use any social media when drunk.
3. Never hit the send button while intoxicated.
4. Don't send death threats. EVER.

Track them down, arrest, convict, jail time I. General population at PA graterford prison.

Poking around on twitter a bit, it seems to be from Minnesota fans in response to this video.

Apparently some Minny fans saw it as ridicule towards the death of Fleck’s son?

Huh? Is this for real?

I don't care what fan base it is, that is some sick stuff to threaten a player. I can't see it being Gopher fans. We've heard much, much worse. However, there are sickos everywhere, so?

Reactions: MJG-90
Normal people don’t do things like this. These individuals probably have a high chance of being sociopaths or even psychopaths, which means that some are likely to be involved in non virtual crimes. All the more reason to find them.

Reactions: PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT