ADVERTISEMENT

Which Of You Fools is Sending Death Threats

Spitters pretending to be fans most likely.

Yea er um how'bout no. I remember when that twat sent the nasty letter to Jonathan Sutherland and people on here said the same thing, must be a Pitt / OSU / Mich St. fan etc. In the end though it was actually written by a PSU fan who then stood by the vitriol be spouted. Ya gotta work past the denial stage to have any hope to move to the acceptance stage that our fan base has truly horrible people just like any other team.

I don't care who sent the death threats -- PSU fan, Minnesota fan, Pitt fan. Presumably, it was a member of the human race, albeit a despicable member. If by any chance that person(s) reads this, please seek help. No joke. You need help.

Yea er um how'bout no. I remember when that twat sent the nasty letter to Jonathan Sutherland and people on here said the same thing, must be a Pitt / OSU / Mich St. fan etc. In the end though it was actually written by a PSU fan who then stood by the vitriol be spouted. Ya gotta work past the denial stage to have any hope to move to the acceptance stage that our fan base has truly horrible people just like any other team.
Well, sPitt is always the default for me (until proven otherwise) simply because of the facts contained in JVP's FBI file.

With respect to "row the boat", I don't think 99% of the media members even knew what it meant. I've heard guys on the radio cracking negative "row the boat" jokes like crazy since Saturday's loss to Iowa.

And as far as the "death threats", what frickin idiot in the World thinks that that will help your QB preform better in the next game????????? I would HAVE to think that either came from an opposing team's "fans" trying to make us look bad, or someone that's already been locked up in a nut house because his brain was amputated.

Reactions: BBrown
With respect to "row the boat", I don't think 99% of the media members even knew what it meant. I've heard guys on the radio cracking negative "row the boat" jokes like crazy since Saturday's loss to Iowa.

And as far as the "death threats", what frickin idiot in the World thinks that that will help your QB preform better in the next game????????? I would HAVE to think that either came from an opposing team's "fans" trying to make us look bad, or someone that's already been locked up in a nut house because his brain was amputated.

More likely a degenerate gambler.

+100

Reactions: PSUoh90
This is a wonderful game week distraction for all the self-floggers here though. If this was a home game, I'd suggest a "Don't Death Threat!" ribbon for everyone to wear.

Another great media (and self-flogger) run at PSU. BTW, Chi Phi has been taken off suspension by the University after the death was investigated. Did everyone see that news trumpeted in your local papers? On twitter? Local news stations? No?! Gee. Go figure.

Another great media (and self-flogger) run at PSU. BTW, Chi Phi has been taken off suspension by the University after the death was investigated. Did everyone see that news trumpeted in your local papers? On twitter? Local news stations? No?! Gee. Go figure.

Mostly off topic, but I friend of mine sent this article to me yesterday. Isn't the picture in article a building at Penn? Why do they think so highly of us. :D

https://pittnews.com/article/152812...-forward-other-universities-must-participate/

That's the thing about social media. Any anonymous schmuck can pretend to be anything or anyone. Threats directed at Clifford could have come from anyone. We have visitors on this board who claim to be a fan of Team A when they are really a fan of Team B. Any Penn State fan who actually sent threats to Sean should seriously consider finding another team to support.

Reactions: odshowtime
That's the thing about social media. Any anonymous schmuck can pretend to be anything or anyone. Threats directed at Clifford could have come from anyone. We have visitors on this board who claim to be a fan of Team A when they are really a fan of Team B. Any Penn State fan who actually sent threats to Sean should seriously consider finding another team to support.

Not that it's our business, but it would be really nice to see who these threats are coming from and what they are saying.

Guys, it’s really no big deal. I’m sure these fans threatening Clifford are just passionate about Penn State Football. We want our fans to be passionate.

:confused:

Not to get political but I was watching the hearings last week and THE PEOPLE THAT RUN OUR COUNTRY (R/D) were talking about what all the world leaders were saying on social media. Dems, Reps, Independents, etc., if this is what the world has become, we're all f#cked.

I was watching the hearings too and I realized how out of the political loop I am. I mean why give foreign aid to a hopelessly corrupt country when fellow Americans are in need?

I think he meant "define"

I've never understood this mindset that people can define the motives and background of anonymous posters.

Well, in the case of sending death threat messages to someone, how much more do we need to know about the messenger? I'm not defining their motives or their background. I'm saying they need help. Now. Anyone giving this type of messenger a pass might also need help.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
More likely a degenerate gambler.

I'm willing to bet that you are correct. With the easy availability of gambling on these games, I can see some derelict taking PSU in the Minny game and losing his rent money, and turning to social media to let the players know it.

Reactions: PSUoh90
I was watching the hearings too and I realized how out of the political loop I am. I mean why give foreign aid to a hopelessly corrupt country when fellow Americans are in need?
I don't know. Why don't you run for office and fix it?

I'm somewhat skeptical. There is no way to tell if this comes from PSU fans. We have poster masquerading as other fans on this site. That would actually make more sense in this situation than a PSU fan.

Also, who's to say this isn't someone who bet on PSU and isn't even a fan. Some folks that gamble don't know how to take a loss.

I wish everyone would understand how worthless and meaningless their opinions are. Most people are complete morons who should have their opinions stifled, not put on display for the whole world to see.
The masses are asses. If a$$#oles could fly, this board would be an airport.

Just by coincidence, I knew what Row The Boat meant because I read about it when Fleck was being considered for positions while he was still in Michigan. It's pretty clear Sean didn't know, but I wish someone had told him. Regardless of who threatened him, it's unfortunate for everybody.

Oh come on. You always do this-always assume our fan base is a bunch of goody two shied. We are not. We are as much a group of a-holes as any other fan base.whether it was in this case or not it doesn’t mean we should ignore the stupid things our own fan base has done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil's Rug and IIVI
Social media has proven itself to be one of mankind's worst creations. Sad that someone would threaten Sean; but good on him for seeing the light - would be great if everyone followed his lead. Social media is awful and life without Facebook is grand.

Should be called anti-social media.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Awesome, it's a headline on ESPN. Anytime we can possibly denigrate ourselves, we get a ton of play, when we do something good, nothing burger. The sutherland thing was a big national story, now "crazy penn state fans" threatening to kill their QB, sick cult."

For the record, while I believe it's possible that a Nittany Lion fan would send such a threat, I do believe it's "our enemies" partaking in such unsavory activities.

We've seen the things ESPN, the governor's office, our own conference, our BOT, etc. have done to us, so I'll believe anything.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Awesome, it's a headline on ESPN. Anytime we can possibly denigrate ourselves, we get a ton of play, when we do something good, nothing burger. The sutherland thing was a big national story, now "crazy penn state fans" threatening to kill their QB, sick cult."

Until we actually murder another school's mascot we have a long way to go.

You see the morons on here following any bump in the road and they are morons. Look how Gunsie and SweetRevenge used to behave. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Am I the only one who isn't sure PSU "fans" made these threats. Also, isn't there a way for Twitter, or FB to "see" the senders IP address? I realize they can be disguised, but maybe some aren't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT