ADVERTISEMENT

Which Of You Fools is Sending Death Threats

Social media has proven itself to be one of mankind's worst creations. Sad that someone would threaten Sean; but good on him for seeing the light - would be great if everyone followed his lead. Social media is awful and life without Facebook is grand.

Message boards are not far behind. Rarely can one express a fair opinion without getting attacked.

Social media has proven itself to be one of mankind's worst creations. Sad that someone would threaten Sean; but good on him for seeing the light - would be great if everyone followed his lead. Social media is awful and life without Facebook is grand.
There are some evil people, given the anonymity of social media, who will reveal their evilness. Social media has shown just how prevalent evil is in the world.

That's ridiculous. At least wait until we lose to Ohio State to send death threats. :)

But seriously, Penn State QBs were getting death threats long before social media. At least as far back as 1970.

IIRC even Chuck Fusina's mother had to have protection from the whack job pitt fans.

Reactions: Mixolydian
After you said the same thing over and over during the Dave Petersen saga, one would think you’d learn not to just parrot this line again. Alas.
Actually I said it once, and before he was found and contacted. But prattle on.

Poking around on twitter a bit, it seems to be from Minnesota fans in response to this video.

Apparently some Minny fans saw it as ridicule towards the death of Fleck’s son?

Social media may have been the most enlightening invention in human history; it has exposed just how much we suck as a species.
I’ve not yet reached that level of despair. However I do believe that Social Media clearly reveals how much certain members of our species suck.

Reactions: PSUfiji and BBrown
I wonder if this part of the reason Franklin went out of his way to mention/thank the positive fans during his post game comments.

I think he sort of acknowledged that in the PC today.

Poking around on twitter a bit, it seems to be from Minnesota fans in response to this video.

Is that where the 'Row The Boat' quote comes from? Didn't know Fleck lost a son - that's horrible. I didn't hear anything in SC's 'pep talk' that is anything other than what most football captains say before a big game. Maybe I missed it?

Look, it's a pregame talk by a hyper emotional Penn State player, but "f*ck their damn boat," isn't a great look regardless. Then we go out and lose and said emotional player throws 3 picks. Football is a grown mans game, i don't mean to be sensitive, but If someone said that on our field, I'd be shit*y.

I think he sort of acknowledged that in the PC today.

Is that where the 'Row The Boat' quote comes from? Didn't know Fleck lost a son - that's horrible. I didn't hear anything in SC's 'pep talk' that is anything other than what most football captains say before a big game. Maybe I missed it?

Yes, fleck and his Ex lost a little boy to illness/complications early in his Western Michigan career. Row the boat was sort of the slogan that he took from it to move forward.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Apparently. I knew nothing about it either.

WRT the CJF reaction:

“I’m not going to get into a whole lot of it, but yeah I was involved in it,” Franklin said. “I would hope I’m involved in any of these types of things where our players need support, and we make sure they get the right type of support. I was trying to be, my wife told me I wasn’t so subtle after the game, but when I was thanking the positive, loyal fans, that’s what I was trying to do.

Look, it's a pregame talk by a hyper emotional Penn State player, but "f*ck their damn boat," isn't a great look regardless. Then we go out and lose and said emotional player throws 3 picks. Football is a grown mans game, i don't mean to be sensitive, but If someone said that on our field, I'd be shit*y.

Yea I'm going to go out on a limb here and say from Nov. 2011-?? There was probably a lot worse said by the opposing team on our field.
And I'm going to stay out on that limb and say that I bet, not only Clifford, but no one else knew what the meaning was behind it.

I wish everyone would understand how worthless and meaningless their opinions are. Most people are complete morons who should have their opinions stifled, not put on display for the whole world to see.
They probably don't know the difference between Penn and Penn State (a la yesterday's Penn Volleyball article).

Last edited:
330,000,000 Americans. An open internet where anyone can participate if their government allows it and they want to. I've never understood this mindset that people can devine the motives and background of anonymous posters.
Not to get political but I was watching the hearings last week and THE PEOPLE THAT RUN OUR COUNTRY (R/D) were talking about what all the world leaders were saying on social media. Dems, Reps, Independents, etc., if this is what the world has become, we're all f#cked.

Spitters pretending to be fans most likely.
Dismissing this as some other fan base is the easy way out. Every fan base of a major team be it at the college or pro level has their share of moronic fans, PSU included. I don't care if it was actual PSU fans or other fans, it's detestable behavior either way. If you are so inclined, it is possible to be critical and to complain without crossing the line into personal attacks and threats.

Reactions: IIVI
ADVERTISEMENT