ADVERTISEMENT

Which injured players will play on Saturday?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Everybody is focusing on Barkley but there are other equally important players.

Mangiro & Nelson. The OL struggles enough. PSU can hardly afford to miss 2 starters. I'm hoping we have at least one of these guys at full strength.

Bell. Cabinda has been a pleasant surprise. PSU really needed that after losing Wartman. Reeder has been good for a freshman but we're asking a lot from him and Walker. Bell is a stud. The defense needs him back in a big way.

Lynch. I expect Barkley to play but it's unreasonable to expect a true freshman to carry the ball 30 times. Besides, Lynch is a better blocker.

Allen. We got Lucas back last week. Getting Allen back would be huge.

My guess: Barkley is 90% and will play. Bell is 75% and will play. One of the two OL will play but not at 100%. Lynch, Allen, and one of the OL will not play.

If Barkley is back and can take 20-25 carries, the other 10-15 carries can be Lynch or the RS freshman. Either way the explosive plays will more than likely be by Barkley.

It would also be great if the OL players play, and the D will be improved with Bell and Allen back.

But we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out......

I would guess Allen will play. Franklin expected him to play last week.

Do we know what happened to Lynch? That looked like a season-ending knee injury, but Franklin last week said that none of the recent injuries were season-ending.

Do we know what happened to Lynch? That looked like a season-ending knee injury, but Franklin last week said that none of the recent injuries were season-ending.

Nobody outside the program knows, but I agree. From the stands, it appeared pretty serious.

Barkley is a bigger mystery to me though. He was running without a limp on the sidelines after his injury. I have to guess he was held out of last week's game as a precaution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT