ADVERTISEMENT

Where we stand with Recruits 11/7

I'm not one to cry over spilt milk, but Pitts was my favorite recruit of the class. His tape is awesome. Moving on now....

Is that Twitter Account legit with its info??? Would be huge!
It can be touch and go with its accuracy, but it seems to be plugged in with WPIAL kids. I think it's run by a younger recent grad.

It's a good sign, and it isn't out of thin air.

No surprise, figure Wade is major lean to us before we started this run. Who would not want to be part of this, should only get better.

I'm cynical enough to think that Karlo and/or Peak would love to create a scenario that makes it looks like Narduzzi flashes in at the last minute and steals away a recruit that was certainly PSU bound, thus creating a PR victory. I have no doubt whatsoever that they are in the back pocket of Pitt's coaches.

Whether or not that is relevant here, I have no idea, as usual.

I'm cynical enough to think that Karlo and/or Peak would love to create a scenario that makes it looks like Narduzzi flashes in at the last minute and steals away a recruit that was certainly PSU bound, thus creating a PR victory. I have no doubt whatsoever that they are in the back pocket of Pitt's coaches.

Whether or not that is relevant here, I have no idea, as usual.

Oh they are nuts for sure...both of them. That being said that would be on the recruit and his family leading on which I don't think is the case. I think the relationship is fairly strong with PSU, but WPa DB's love staying home. When PSU lands a Clairton or Quip high end DB or athlete....it will be the first time in a long time.

That's the biggest thing here, the lack of history. Both Clairton and Aliquippa are similar places with similar social structures. Most of the kids coming out of those areas are more likely to prefer a more urban school, in my completely biased and unsubstantiated opinion. Pitt can offer them that, plus it's local. It's not surprising that they get most of these kids.

That's the biggest thing here, the lack of history. Both Clairton and Aliquippa are similar places with similar social structures. Most of the kids coming out of those areas are more likely to prefer a more urban school, in my completely biased and unsubstantiated opinion. Pitt can offer them that, plus it's local. It's not surprising that they get most of these kids.
But I think I read that Wade has spent a lot of time with Miles Sanders. That could be helpful.

Very very much so. Woodland Hills isn't all that different from Clairton and Aliquippa socially (although it's a bigger more diverse district overall) except that they've sent a number of very good players to schools besides Pitt, such as Michigan. I am quite sure that the staff has chosen to make Miles the personal ambassador to Wade for that reason.

That said, I'm surprised that WVU seems to be totally out of the running for Wade.

Very very much so. Woodland Hills isn't all that different from Clairton and Aliquippa socially (although it's a bigger more diverse district overall) except that they've sent a number of very good players to schools besides Pitt, such as Michigan. I am quite sure that the staff has chosen to make Miles the personal ambassador to Wade for that reason.

That said, I'm surprised that WVU seems to be totally out of the running for Wade.
The Quip Dravon Henry followed Rochelle Rochelle to WVU after Rochelle Rochelle quit on UCLA. Not sure how that's worked for Henry but he and Wade do both play CB.

The Quip Dravon Henry followed Rochelle Rochelle to WVU after Rochelle Rochelle quit on UCLA. Not sure how that's worked for Henry but he and Wade do both play CB.
Henry was injured in the preseason with an ACL, and I think he's a safety at WVU now. Was a freshman all-America in 2014.

I have a better feeling about Wade than I have about most other small-school Pittsburgh kids - but that isn't saying much.

You can hardly blame them. They spend their entire lives behind the 8-ball.

Clairton's typically a Pitt school or at least an anti PSU one. I have doubts that tweet is legit if it came from Karlo. Could be a reverse jinx like what Hamlin went along with last year.

Is Jordan Smith the guy who turned down Harvard to come to PSU in our darkest hour?

Maryland twitter accounts abuzz with news that 5 star DE Kaindoh officially visiting PSU this weekend.

4_3759758.jpg

Joshua Kaindoh
5 Star ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

Strong-Side Defensive End
  • Ht 6-6
  • Wt 256
  • Age 17 yrs 11 mo
  • CLASS OF 17
247Sports Composite
Natl Comp 26
Pos SDE 2