ADVERTISEMENT

Where was Geno Lewis yesterday

cyrizzle

Jan 10, 2010
I'm thinking he may have got in trouble with the coaching staff. He is one of our best receivers we have at getting open downfield, and I think he should be used against better opponents in conference play. I get the drops, but drops happen, and it doesn't matter bc the kid can ball. Put 7 on the field next week. Also, expect to see more Polk and Thompkins used in different packages this week and in upcoming weeks in conference play. Donovan is saving their packages for conference play, and defenses won't know what hit them when he unleashes it.

I'm thinking he may have got in trouble with the coaching staff. He is one of our best receivers we have at getting open downfield, and I think he should be used against better opponents in conference play. I get the drops, but drops happen, and it doesn't matter bc the kid can ball. Put 7 on the field next week. Also, expect to see more Polk and Thompkins used in different packages this week and in upcoming weeks in conference play. Donovan is saving their packages for conference play, and defenses won't know what hit them when he unleashes it.
With as much as we are playing out of 2 and 3 TE sets, there just are not that many snaps available for the wideouts.

I think it is clear, for better or worse, that Lewis is behind both Godwin and Hamilton in the pecking order.
He may also be behind Blacknail (sp).

Given that Polk has a "special" role, and will get his share of snaps because of that.

There won't be many snaps for Lewis unless and until we get back to having an offense were we can consistently put three wideouts on the field and throw the ball downfield.

Unfortunately, if this team - as presently performing - had Randy Moss and Jerry Rice on the outside.....it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Reactions: jim cummings

I think he was sitting on the bench next to Saeed Blacknall.

Press coverage is the best against bigger slower receivers. ALL of our receivers with the exception of Polk are Big and "slow". I mean they all have good strait line speed but are NOT quick !!!
It's like comparing Barkley with Lynch. Lynch may be as fast BUT now where near as "quick".

Lewis has made big game winning plays. He is fast however his route running discipline has been lacking. He was wide open against SDSU but Hack missed him. They should try wildcat with Lewis, he was a QB in high school. A great athlete, he should be on the field in special situations.

Reactions: cyrizzle
Lewis has made big game winning plays. He is fast however his route running discipline has been lacking. He was wide open against SDSU but Hack missed him. They should try wildcat with Lewis, he was a QB in high school. A great athlete, he should be on the field in special situations.
BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE

You mentioned "Wildcat".

I - for one - am VERY surprised we haven't seen any Wildcat formation yet this year (unless I missed it.....I do not think we have seen a single snap)

I know you can only put so much into a gameplan......and aside from Lynch every other RB on the team had never taken a single college snap prior to this season......but a one of two play package out of the Wildcat wouldn't be too awful hard to put in - and just pop in there a couple of snaps per game.

BTW....always thought the pass option out of the two-back "read option" Wildcat (we ran the two back Wildcat a bit last year, with Lynch and Belton together in the backfield). Didn't Scott make a damn nice throw on a halfback pass against SDSU?

Reactions: Doc-M
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT