ADVERTISEMENT

When it Rahnes it Pours!

rokar

Oct 8, 2014
Rhane is no Moorehead. Limegrover is a weak link and has taken 4 years to develop a C- offensive line. Young Defense is above average and Pry is fine. Franklin is a great recruiter and a fine coach but below BIG average for clock management and on the field coaching. Tough playing with BIG officials that seem to purposely bust big plays for us.
Just my thoughts!

Reactions: mn78psu83
Didn't watch the game (no BTN and family commitments), but from what I've read Felton Davis, by far their best WR, was not double covered on their game winning drive. If that is true, I'm not sold on Pry being OK.
Seems like most/all teams will sell out to limit/stop the other teams best player (see every team vs Saquon last year), but PSU/Pry didn't do that against Davis.

Didn't watch the game (no BTN and family commitments), but from what I've read Felton Davis, by far their best WR, was not double covered on their game winning drive. If that is true, I'm not sold on Pry being OK.
Seems like most/all teams will sell out to limit/stop the other teams best player (see every team vs Saquon last year), but PSU/Pry didn't do that against Davis.

Correct. AO had single coverage on Davis

Pry is OK until the game is on the line. Then he seems to have a really, really hard time coming up with a way to end the game. I am by no means a “fire the coach” guy. But Pry has got to improve upon this aspect of his job. Also, he’s got to figure out a way to get some pressure on a QB.

"Correct. AO had single coverage on Davis"

That doesn't seem to have worked out so great. Disclaimer, however, I never played or coached D1 or professional football, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about

Rhane is no Moorehead. Limegrover is a weak link and has taken 4 years to develop a C- offensive line. Young Defense is above average and Pry is fine. Franklin is a great recruiter and a fine coach but below BIG average for clock management and on the field coaching. Tough playing with BIG officials that seem to purposely bust big plays for us.
Just my thoughts!
Sounds fair to me at this point in time. Yesterday was on the O and the coaches. For example, the punt return team was completely caught of guard by the fake punt. There was nobody home. Close to being a TD. Also, the poor D substitution when PSU did not have enough men on the field that caused them to burn a TO. I'm a big CJF supporter, but the program's improvement depends on the coaches improving too. Yesterday, was not a good performance by the PSU staff.

Last edited:
Pry is OK until the game is on the line. Then he seems to have a really, really hard time coming up with a way to end the game. I am by no means a “fire the coach” guy. But Pry has got to improve upon this aspect of his job. Also, he’s got to figure out a way to get some pressure on a QB.
I still think the young D is adequate. The play calling has become predictable on offense and Limegrover has had plenty of time to develop a great O-line but hasn't!

Rahne is closer to Donavan than he is to Morehead. Not sure Rahne has a feel for the game as the the game progresses. He is stuck in his first quarter mentality while the game has moved into the second half.
I also think Trace struggles with-accuracy in the tight Windows 5-12yards down field. And this hinders us. Trace is not a pure passer.maybe that is why we were one the few teams that saw him as a QB and not a Safety

I still think the young D is adequate. The play calling has become predictable on offense and Limegrover has had plenty of time to develop a great O-line but hasn't!

The young D is adequate until the fourth quarter. If we don’t put a team away by time the clock clicks over to the fourth quarter I have no confidence. I didn’t yesterday.

The young D is adequate until the fourth quarter. If we don’t put a team away by time the clock clicks over to the fourth quarter I have no confidence. I didn’t yesterday.

The offense didn't help the defense in the second half. The time of posession disparady really tired out the defense in the second half. They really needed a few time killing drives in second half. In modern college football, it is hard to win games when you only score 17 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT