ADVERTISEMENT

When does the schedule come out normally?

Penn State and Ohio State
By the time this dual happens Bravo Young beats Pletcher. Berge beats Hayes. Penn State wins 125.
A bit too much bravado for me, though great measuring sticks, win or lose for the Penn State guys. I'd prefer continued improvement, and wins at B1G's and NCAA's.

A bit too much bravado for me, though great measuring sticks, win or lose for the Penn State guys. I'd prefer continued improvement, and wins at B1G's and NCAA's.
I wouldn't predict those wins at the dual yet -- but as a fan, why choose between winning then vs. improving and winning later -- why not both?

If you are going to make a prediction it doesn't make any sense to wait until after they wrestle.
You do have a point though, sometimes I go overboard and miss. Last year I insisted Nick Lee was a top 4 finisher and he would beat McKenna. Nick lost a nailbiter to Joey in the dual and at nationals finished 5th.

The mention of the dual was simply a time frame, not a thought that things could prove different by Big10s. But I appreciate your corrective efforts.

I also think Lee has a >30% chance against McKenna, and Shak is an interesting matchup w/ Martin, that could certainly go rockabye Myles in the right circumstances. Though I think MM getting bonus isn't out of the question either--Myles is an athletic freak. Not to knock Wrestlestat--the sample sizes are all pretty small--though the Nolf Micah prediction is a head scratcher: did anyone else see Micah close to scoring a single point?

I wouldn't predict those wins at the dual yet -- but as a fan, why choose between winning then vs. improving and winning later -- why not both?
During the regular season, wins are wins, losses are wins. See, both are wins :).

Last edited:
I also think Lee has a >30% chance against McKenna, and Shak is an interesting matchup w/ Martin, that could certainly go rockabye Myles in the right circumstances. Though I think MM getting bonus isn't out of the question either--Myles is an athletic freak. Not to knock Wrestlestat--the sample sizes are all pretty small--though the Nolf Micah prediction is a head scratcher: did anyone else see Micah close to scoring a single point?
Micah score a point? I think Jason broke him. Not as severely as he broke Ryan's son, but Micah wrestling Jason in the future will be an exercise in survival.

Reactions: diggerpup
This is everything I understand thus far:

11/11 H Kent State
11/18 Penn Keystone Classic
11/30 A Bucknell
12/2 H Lehigh
1/11 A Northwestern
1/13 H Wisconsin
1/20 H Nebraska
1/25 A Purdue
1/27 A Indiana
2/1-3 H Michigan
2/8-10 A Ohio State
2/15 H Michigan State
2/17 A Illinois
2/24 H Buffalo

Current Rumor:
? A ASU

Michigan at the BJC on Feb 3 @2PM (according to my sources ;) )

Last edited:
Michigan at the BJC on Feb 3 @2PM (according to my sources ;) )

Given that, ASU must either be on the road or not happening (or at Rec Hall I guess).

Let me get this straight: they either will or won’t wrestle ASU, and if they do, it will be either in State College or Tempe?
woah.gif

Let me get this straight: they either will or won’t wrestle ASU, and if they do, it will be either in State College or Tempe?
woah.gif

But not at the BJC because that’s Michigan. People had speculated about ASU at the BJC. I shouldn’t have mentioned ASU, I was thinking aloud.

I mentioned earlier:

No other western team scheduled by PSU so far —-> if they were flying waaaaay out to ArizSt, you’d assume they’d make a long weekend out of it and wrestle a CA school.

So, I’m betting Arizona St visits Rec Hall this year.

I mentioned earlier:

No other western team scheduled by PSU so far —-> if they were flying waaaaay out to ArizSt, you’d assume they’d make a long weekend out of it and wrestle a CA school.

So, I’m betting Arizona St visits Rec Hall this year.
That and assuming PSU is going to the scuffle, there is only one more wrestling competition date left on the schedule which should be a dual meet.

Reactions: diggerpup
When does the schedule come out normally?

The schedule comes out normally when the paparazzi do not out hir before ze is ready. :cool:

Last edited:
That and assuming PSU is going to the scuffle, there is only one more wrestling competition date left on the schedule which should be a dual meet.
I could be wrong, but I thought they changed the way you count competition dates, effective this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT