ADVERTISEMENT

When does the schedule come out normally?

Bader interviews Zeke Jones and both Zeke and Bader strongly hint that Penn State will wrestle ASU this season and the next. Zeke didn't want to make an announcement without both teams making it but it was pretty clear who they were talking about. It's a half hour interview but the schedule mention happens around the 7:15 mark.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6239055-zeke-jones-asu-usa-rtcs-and-more
that is a trip I have been waiting to make :)
and if it happens to be on President's Day weekend in '19, I will be ecstatic, as I'll already be in AZ with my boys
edit .... nvm I see we are at Illinois that weekend

so no iowa....lol

#seeyouatB10s
#TnTdoesntlikereacharounds
Short sighted moves can sometimes come back and bite you.
Big10 example - 2016 Commissioner Delaney was all over the place promoting Ohio State over league champion Penn State for CFP placement. In effect what he was doing was diminishing the significance of the Big10 champion. Last year Delaney had no argument to present for the inclusion of the Big10 champ over SEC also ran Alabama because he had the year before claimed winning a Big10 title means nothing.

Iowa wrestling - in 2015-16, by not reciprocating the OOC trip Penn State had made to Iowa, Iowa lost the expectation Penn State would travel to Iowa this year. Instead of Penn State being the feature CHA match, the CHA featured bouts this year will be Iowa City Coummunity College at the Iowa City Duals.

Bader interviews Zeke Jones and both Zeke and Bader strongly hint that Penn State will wrestle ASU this season and the next. Zeke didn't want to make an announcement without both teams making it but it was pretty clear who they were talking about. It's a half hour interview but the schedule mention happens around the 7:15 mark.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6239055-zeke-jones-asu-usa-rtcs-and-more

Happy Dance! (Hopefully, they come back to Bakersfield State too...)
tenor.gif

Short sighted moves can sometimes come back and bite you.
Big10 example - 2016 Commissioner Delaney was all over the place promoting Ohio State over league champion Penn State for CFP placement. In effect what he was doing was diminishing the significance of the Big10 champion. Last year Delaney had no argument to present for the inclusion of the Big10 champ over SEC also ran Alabama because he had the year before claimed winning a Big10 title means nothing.

Iowa wrestling - in 2015-16, by not reciprocating the OOC trip Penn State had made to Iowa, Iowa lost the expectation Penn State would travel to Iowa this year. Instead of Penn State being the feature CHA match, the CHA featured bouts this year will be Iowa City Coummunity College at the Iowa City Duals.

Heres to no ice storms in iowa during wrestling season

#caring
#emptyseatsrepresenticecreamsales

Reactions: nitlion6
Rumor that PSU signed 2 yr deal to wrestle ASU

Per ASU fan on TheMat (referencing Flo Pro interview with Zeke j). Good for RBY and our western fans. I might be able to swing a quick trip to the Valley of the Sun for that one.

Per ASU fan on TheMat (referencing Flo Pro interview with Zeke j). Good for RBY and our western fans. I might be able to swing a quick trip to the Valley of the Sun for that one.

Yeah, you're going to Tempe for the wrestling match ...

721cec396857bcacb5d6271442029b5b.jpg

Yeah, you're going to Tempe for the wrestling match ...

721cec396857bcacb5d6271442029b5b.jpg

I'm going to surmise the young lady second from the left is smarter than the one third from the left. Faced with the same fashion choice (how to expose more skin with a bandeau top because, clearly, not enough was getting exposed), she understood to fold under, rather than over, so the "State" on the top didn't get covered up.

It seems to me this rumor might have some audio to go with it.......

#firemeetsmoke

I'm going to surmise the young lady second from the left is smarter than the one third from the left. Faced with the same fashion choice (how to expose more skin with a bandeau top because, clearly, not enough was getting exposed), she understood to fold under, rather than over, so the "State" on the top didn't get covered up.
You looked at this picture, and decided to figure out their intellect? :rolleyes:

Everyday I see this thread with new posts and hope the schedule is out. Like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Or PSUPaul trying to get a Bo bobblehead.
Getting close. I can say that using other teams published schedules, suggestions, innuendo, and the like, one can piece together most of the Penn State schedule now. Nothing in this thread is off base.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Getting close. I can say that using other teams published schedules, suggestions, innuendo, and the like, one can piece together most of the Penn State schedule now. Nothing in this thread is off base.

I believe the schedule stuff is accurate, I'm just too lazy to piece it all together!

I'm hoping the ASU series starts this year. In Tempe.

Everyday I see this thread with new posts and hope the schedule is out. Like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Or PSUPaul trying to get a Bo bobblehead.
News that we're wrestling ASU should at least amount to a shanked kick.

So far:
11/30 A Bucknell
12/2 H Lehigh
1/11 A Northwestern
1/13 H Wisconsin
1/20 H Nebraska
1/25 A Purdue
2/8-10 A Ohio State
2/17 A Illinois
2/24 H Buffalo
TBD: ASU, Indiana (A), Michigan (H), MSU (H)

Did I miss anything?

Edit: Added date for Lehigh

Edit2: l'm guessing @Indiana 1/27 (or maybe 2/15) and home against Mich/MSU 2/1 and 2/3

Last edited:
So far:
11/30 A Bucknell
1/11 A Northwestern
1/13 H Wisconsin
1/20 H Nebraska
1/25 A Purdue
2/8-10 A Ohio State
2/17 A Illinois
2/24 H Buffalo
TBD: Lehigh, ASU, Indiana (A), Michigan (H), MSU (H)

Did I miss anything?

Lehigh is 12/2, quite probably in the BJC.

The Big Ten has, as part of it's scheduling model, an attempt to avoid scheduling conflicts with various events, referenced specifically, they include the Southern Scuffle, Midlands, Las Vegas Invitational, and a few others. For what it's worth, they avoided scheduling duals the weekend of Jan. 4-6 for all teams, probably because there's an extra weekend between New Year's and the Big Ten Championships...and they managed to fit in all the duals. Every 5 or 6 years (depending on how Leap Years fall), the tournaments move a week, and this was the year.

I hope the scuffle is in this year (or this season)... had fun last year and plan on going back. Stopping off in Nashville on the way home was fun as well

Perhaps if we land a recruit from Ithaca, we could hold out some hope for a home and home with Cornell ;)

I’ll meet up with anybody dropping by to see the cat fight. It’s a short Metra ride down or possibly *gasp* a short drive.

I’m in burbs so Evanston is terrible to get to no matter the choice of transportation, I’ll be forced to drive. Curious to see the new football complex though, looks amazing.

Thanks for all the updates, guys! I updated this collective schedule spreadsheet with:
- color changes to Green for confirmed dates
- links to other team's posted schedules for reference
- updated counts of NCAA, B1G & Home "event dates"
- ASU speculatively, in yellow, leaving 1 event date yet available beyond them
- 4 B1G teams we know we're wrestling, which haven't yet published their schedule, listed speculatively on some rando dates, in yellow
- Ohio State turned to green, despite them not yet publishing how they plan to handle us across any of three published dates, Fri/Sat/Sun

E11MBgy.png

If ASU has genuine legs, who ya all got for Event Date 16? UPenn Classic? Lock Haven?

I'll drop a quick cruiseliner if we pull in ASU AND announce NC State...

Nov
Thanks for all the updates, guys! I updated this collective schedule spreadsheet with:
- 4 B1G teams we know we're wrestling, which haven't yet published their schedule, listed speculatively on some rando dates, in yellow
- Ohio State turned to green, despite them not yet publishing how they plan to handle us across any of three published dates, Fri/Sat/Sun

E11MBgy.png

If ASU has genuine legs, who ya all got for Event Date 16? UPenn Classic? Lock Haven?

The Keystone Classic last year was Nov 19th, which fits nicely into your opening if they held the same weekend for this year.

I dont believe UPenns schedule is out or a date for the tournament has been announced yet

Reactions: jtothemfp
You da man :)

E11MBgy.png

Reactions: jtothemfp
Strong field for the Not South Beach duals ... but they've poached the Scuffle quite a bit.

PS, note to Rob Koll: Ft Lauderdale not near South Beach.

Strong field for the Not South Beach duals ... but they've poached the Scuffle quite a bit.

PS, note to Rob Koll: Ft Lauderdale not near South Beach.

anyone want to bet that this transitions in 5 years to the new Nat duals?

anyone want to bet that this transitions in 5 years to the new Nat duals?
Not sure... if success is deemed by number of fans showing up then I don't think so. I have a hard time thinking Nattie duals would come anywhere close to the fan draw when compared to the current Nattie championships...

ADVERTISEMENT