ADVERTISEMENT

When does the schedule come out normally?

Whoever had July 11 in the "When does the schedule come out?" pool, please stop by to collect your winnings.

Cyclingmik, I hate to tell you this, but you're going to receive a cruise liner of crap over this. The most honest answer that you can receive is "The schedule will come out when it comes out." When the schedule comes out is a running joke around here, because it is never as early as some people want it, is never "about" the same time each year, is usually just about filled in by using other teams' schedules and is protected better than the crown jewels.

You have probably just caused several people to increase their Xanax dosage, until the schedule comes out.

Dunke, can you add some hashtags?

the Search feature is a great tool on this board.

here's what I posted last year:

"The quick answer to the question is that there is not a defined date upon which the schedule is released. Once all the issues involved in setting a schedule are resolved, PSU releases the upcoming schedule. On that date, the schedule always gets posted on this board.

For those that need a "better" answer, below is a review of when the schedule has been released in recent years (updated to include this year's release):

2018 - Sep. 17
2017 - Sep. 18
2016 - Aug. 18
2015 - Sep. 3
2014 - Sep 17
2013 - Aug 29
2012 - Aug 27
2011 - June 1
2010 - June 22
2009 - Aug 12
2008 - Sep 8
2007 - June 13
2006 - July 21
2005 - Aug 16
2004 - June 18
2003 - July 9"

Reactions: dwkeller
With RBY now on the team, what do you guys think is the chance that Cael might scheduled a dual at ASU? It would be a competitve dual although I don't doubt the final outcome.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Why is Morgan Mac still in Cali?
Did Cutch get a 10th season?
Why didnt they wrestle FS this summer?

???? = fun, but maybe not funny:p:cool::mad:;):rolleyes::)

Reactions: diggerpup
-- Big Ten schedule
-- Non-conference phone calls and scheduling
-- Tournament plans and scheduling
-- BJC Dual planning, including a Faculty-Senate vote

...all the while looking at facility availability, and what's best for the team to peak in March.

Takes time piecing it together...more time than most fans understand.

Reactions: tabenn
-- Big Ten schedule
-- Non-conference phone calls and scheduling
-- Tournament plans and scheduling
-- BJC Dual planning, including a Faculty-Senate vote

...all the while looking at facility availability, and what's best for the team to peak in March.

Takes time piecing it together...more time than most fans understand.
Yeah, yeah, yeah,. You say the same stuff every year. Insert favorite :) here.

Reactions: RoarLions1
Any guys in the top 100 at Bucknell? I know Tyler Smith graduated.
Their clearly best wrestler (Tom Sleigh) is now at VT.

184 Drew Phipps would be the most talented guy on their roster, and he is not close to Bo or Shak.

Garrett Hoffman is probably the next best guy.

Eric Chakonis is probably the highest recruit -- or at least highest after Phipps -- but being behind 174 Brandon Stokes on the HWT depth chart kinda summarizes his college career.

Bucknell brought in a pretty good recruiting class with Levett, Klock, Chishko, Andrews, and Hartman from PA.

Always thought they had a lot of potential there but it’s a tough job. Last I heard they got 1 athletic scholarship a year to use. They also do not allow redshirts. Have to be a double major for it to be possible. They won’t even take kids who don’t enroll directly after HS like Cornell does with Finger Lakes. Do you gotta be ready to go right away or you’re losing a year basically.

Bucknell brought in a pretty good recruiting class with Levett, Klock, Chishko, Andrews, and Hartman from PA.

Always thought they had a lot of potential there but it’s a tough job. Last I heard they got 1 athletic scholarship a year to use. They also do not allow redshirts. Have to be a double major for it to be possible. They won’t even take kids who don’t enroll directly after HS like Cornell does with Finger Lakes. Do you gotta be ready to go right away or you’re losing a year basically.
You're right on both counts. They have some decent looking freshmen coming in. And the school is at best frenemies with athletics.

And Dunk's right. This might be an even bigger mismatch than one legged Jason Nolf vs the field. Chance of breaking 50.

Correct on the RS, but they get more than 1 scholarship. Not 9.9 but more than 1. In addition they have very good financial aid stats. Good in comparison to say PSU, not necessarily Lehigh.

More on the schedule soon.

Re. Bucknell, I know it will be one-sided, though college wrestling needs the Bucknell's of the world. It was, as Dan Gable said when he visited in 2005, "a blow to the wrestling community" (referring to 2002), during a speech celebrating their return to college wrestling after eliminating the program in 2002 (I believe that's correct). Penn State will put butts in the seats, including mine and Mrs. Roar's...which is good for Bucknell.

Reactions: tgar
Correct on the RS, but they get more than 1 scholarship. Not 9.9 but more than 1. In addition they have very good financial aid stats. Good in comparison to say PSU, not necessarily Lehigh.

I guess I meant last I heard they had 1 per year for 4 total on the team opposed to 9.9 but were trying for more. Hopefully they are allowed to work towards fully funded.

Hoffman did ride the Raptor to a win last year

He did, but if I remember correctly it was a strange match. I think Cassar was in good shape until he couldn’t get out from bottom. Strange match...

Wisky at home Jan 13

Hmmmmmmm.
Jan 13 is a Sunday. PSU is home.
Jan 1 is a Tuesday.

I hope Big Ten did not schedule PSU to have a road dual the weekend of Jan 4-6.

That would mean that Cael would most likely skip the Scuffle - similar scheduling quirk in 2016/17.

Hmmmmmmm.
Jan 13 is a Sunday. PSU is home.
Jan 1 is a Tuesday.

I hope Big Ten did not schedule PSU to have a road dual the weekend of Jan 4-6.

That would mean that Cael would most likely skip the Scuffle - similar scheduling quirk in 2016/17.

That wouldn't bother me that much. Competition level at the Scuffle was way down. If OK State, Minny, Cornell, etal are not going to the Scuffle I would prefer we try one of the other holiday tournaments.

That wouldn't bother me that much. Competition level at the Scuffle was way down. If OK State, Minny, Cornell, etal are not going to the Scuffle I would prefer we try one of the other holiday tournaments.

Yes....Bethlehem City X-Mas Tourney better than the Scuffle recently

Is 2016/17 the year we were supposed to go out west, Reno maybe, but couldn’t get there due to weather?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT