ADVERTISEMENT

Whats going on at Ohio State?

Hartline doesn't rotate his wr's at all. His 3 starters play all year and the rest watch. Its why Jameson Williams left when he was told he wasn't going to start over JSN.

Their second team will come into the Beav and beat Fraud Franklin and his choking QB Allar
You really need to find another hobby or another team to root for. You troll more on here than Iowa fans and they have a reason. Good lord, give it a rest.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Hartline doesn't rotate his wr's at all. His 3 starters play all year and the rest watch. Its why Jameson Williams left when he was told he wasn't going to start over JSN.
To be honest, I like Hartline's approach. You should play your best on every snap they're able to go.
Jameson Williams going to Bama worked out well. That's how the portal should used.

To be honest, I like Hartline's approach. You should play your best on every snap they're able to go.
Jameson Williams going to Bama worked out well. That's how the portal should used.
There is some truth to that but the backups should be playing in the 2nd half of blowouts to get some experience and they do not. No one stepped up when Harrison got injured against UGA and this is one reason why.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
There is some truth to that but the backups should be playing in the 2nd half of blowouts to get some experience and they do not. No one stepped up when Harrison got injured against UGA and this is one reason why.
Sure--when the outcome is determined play everyone else. Couldn't agree more. But someone like Jameson shouldn't stay for that kind of role.

There is only so much nil money to go around. With the starters demanding more the guys underneath look for greener pastures. Otherwise you have backups making 7 figures and the roster costs 50 mil

Their second team will come into the Beav and beat Fraud Franklin and his choking QB Allar
Disagree 100%. OSU needs to fix that crappy OL (an understatement) before the 2024 season. Read their boards and it might be the worst OSU OL in decades

Actually, next year is setup for an OSU-PSU-Washington and USC battle (maybe Oregon) for the B1G championship. Not taking anything away from Michigan, they'll be decent, but they lose a TON after this year with a boatload of seniors leaving. Should be a heck of a race in 2024

Disagree 100%. OSU needs to fix that crappy OL (an understatement) before the 2024 season. Read their boards and it might be the worst OSU OL in decades

Actually, next year is setup for an OSU-PSU-Washington and USC battle (maybe Oregon) for the B1G championship. Not taking anything away from Michigan, they'll be decent, but they lose a TON after this year with a boatload of seniors leaving. Should be a heck of a race in 2024
You mean “heckuva”

I’m sure that OSU will be fine next season and find a way to win 10 or 11 games. As a PSU fan, I wish that PSU had the “First World” issues to handle that OSU does.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I’m sure that OSU will be fine next season and find a way to win 10 or 11 games. As a PSU fan, I wish that PSU had the “First World” issues to handle that OSU does.
Oh, I'm sure they will. They have a boatload of stars returning - especially on defense. Just saying that the TP and opt outs are hitting everybody but especially the top recruiting teams. Just read that Georgia has had 15 transfers so far this year and Alabama is expecting 20+.

The one team that is getting hit hard is Michigan as they have a ton of upper class stars leaving although I consider Harbaugh and his staff to be the best in the B1G. They develop players really well - better than Day and Franklin

Reactions: lazydave841
Oh, I'm sure they will. They have a boatload of stars returning - especially on defense. Just saying that the TP and opt outs are hitting everybody but especially the top recruiting teams. Just read that Georgia has had 15 transfers so far this year and Alabama is expecting 20+.

The one team that is getting hit hard is Michigan as they have a ton of upper class stars leaving although I consider Harbaugh and his staff to be the best in the B1G. They develop players really well - better than Day and Franklin
Harbaugh is a great football coach. He succeeded at Stanford. took the 49ers to a Super Bowl, and now has won three Big 10 Championships in a row. If he wanted, he probably could have any NFL job that will open up after next weekend, which wouldn’t be the case with Day or Franklin.

Harbaugh is a great football coach. He succeeded at Stanford. took the 49ers to a Super Bowl, and now has won three Big 10 Championships in a row. If he wanted, he probably could have any NFL job that will open up after next weekend, which wouldn’t be the case with Day or Franklin.
You have to wonder how long some of the NFL caliber coaches - like Harbaugh - will stick around in CF with the craziness that's going on, specifically the TP and NIL. I think many of the top coaches are getting tired of it and having to kiss players-parents a$$es. I don't care for Habaugh at all but will give him his due - he's a solid-excellent coach and you can see it against OSU and PSU - especially OSU who always seems to have better roster talent than Michigan. Ryan Day just seems to pucker up in big games

Reactions: The Spin Meister
You have to wonder how long some of the NFL caliber coaches - like Harbaugh - will stick around in CF with the craziness that's going on, specifically the TP and NIL. I think many of the top coaches are getting tired of it and having to kiss players-parents a$$es. I don't care for Habaugh at all but will give him his due - he's a solid-excellent coach and you can see it against OSU and PSU - especially OSU who always seems to have better roster talent than Michigan. Ryan Day just seems to pucker up in big games
Would take Day here in a heartbeat.

For about three years, then you’d be calling for the next guy.
Not really, I have been a Penn State fan for well over 50 years. Never had an issue with coaching.

Franklin has had ample time. He clearly is not up to the job.

It’s time.

I have a feeling that in the next decade, there is going to be a NFL prep league that the best high school players are going to join because I believe that the current NIL system either is going to collapse or dry up considerably; the current system just is unsustainable. Sooner or later, the mega donors are going to realize that NIL is a tremendously bad investment and a waste of their money.

Also, and I ask this because I truly don't know the answer, do people like Gabriel, who now is looking to play for his third school in his career (I think that he's already played college football for about 10 seasons) even go to school anymore, or are they now de facto employees of the school like the janitors and parking lot attendants and football is the only thing that they do?

At the turn of the previous century when college football was like the Wild, Wild West and it wasn't uncommon for people to play for more than one school at the same time and in the same season, I'm beginning to think that we're going Back to the Future with crazy stuff like that happening again.

How long before eligibility limitations are challenged and thrown out??? CFB has largely turned into a semi-pro league - why should someone who doesn't make it in NFL not be allowed to go back and play for his prior pro team???

The notion that these are true "Student"-athletes is a joke.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
How long before eligibility limitations are challenged and thrown out??? CFB has largely turned into a semi-pro league - why should someone who doesn't make it in NFL not be allowed to go back and play for his prior pro team???

The notion that these are true "Student"-athletes is a joke.
If they enrolled so be it...kids have already been around for 6 years

Would take Day here in a heartbeat.
Many OSU fans would give him to you. He's 1-3 against Michigan, Something like 1-5 or 1-6 against top 5 teams, and 0-3 against the SEC. He!!, he had a 14 point, 4th quarter lead against Georgia last year and threw it away. He's no Urban or Tressel in big games. I believe Tressel was 10-1 or 11-1 against Michigan and Urban was undefeated - somewhere around 7-0 and dominated Harbaugh

Many OSU fans would give him to you. He's 1-3 against Michigan, Something like 1-5 or 1-6 against top 5 teams, and 0-3 against the SEC. He!!, he had a 14 point, 4th quarter lead against Georgia last year and threw it away. He's no Urban or Tressel in big games. I believe Tressel was 10-1 or 11-1 against Michigan and Urban was undefeated - somewhere around 7-0 and dominated Harbaugh

Meyer didn't come close to replicating '14 again before he bailed. Tressel was similar. He had 1 team close to winning it all after '02.

But they owned Michigan.

Day was definitely born on 3rd base in taking over for Meyer. His recruiting philosophy is just wrong for winning the playoff. They have top 3 classes and it's headlined by 4 WRs of their top 7 players every year.

Add onto that hat Harbaugh is awful against top-10 teams outside of the cozy confines of the homer-10. Hairball is something like 2-5 in bowls at scUM.

Meyer didn't come close to replicating '14 again before he bailed. Tressel was similar. He had 1 team close to winning it all after '02.

But they owned Michigan.

Day was definitely born on 3rd base in taking over for Meyer. His recruiting philosophy is just wrong for winning the playoff. They have top 3 classes and it's headlined by 4 WRs of their top 7 players every year.
Meyer was 12-0, 12-2, 14-1, 12-1, 11-2, 12-2, and 13-1 at OSU. He probably would have won another NC in his first year at OSU but inherited the Tressel sanctions and OSU was disqualified that year. His 2015 team was his best but a gut wrenching, upset loss to MSU derailed everything. He later claimed it was his most gut wrenching loss

And he was a killer in big games - as you mentioned, he owned Michigan (7-0) and also has 3 NCs

Not sure what you mean about him "not coming close" to 2014 - his OSU teams were always in the NC hunt and won a few B1G championships.

"Choke" Day on the other hand.........

Not sure what you mean about him "not coming close" to 2014 - his OSU teams were always in the NC hunt and won a few B1G championships.

In the hunt, yes. Day has been in the hunt every year as well.

After '14, which Meyer teams got into the playoff? 1. And they got beat 31-0.

That's the point I'm making. He had great records. No disputing that. He just only got in the playoff one more time and got dismantled.

We’ll see if they offer. lol. Day is an offensive genius. And now he has a defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT