ADVERTISEMENT

What time does everyone start thanksgiving meal at?

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
I find that in Western PA most people start earlier than in Eastern Pa

Last edited:
Shh! I'm already eating. No talking at the dinner table.

Seriously, we'll eat around 6 p.m.

2- we're done

I took a long walk to make room for some pie later- I still don't have room though.

Reactions: step.eng69
We typically go at 6 or 6:30, but the in laws are here. Should be at the table at 4:30.

Well it was suppose to be at 4. Uh which was 20 minutes ago.

Some of my comments (in jest) aren't going over particularly well by those in the kitchen (wife and her Aunt). But us in the living room watching tv. Are cracking up.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Ahead of schedule, but I'm still slaving away in the kitchen. ETD around 4:30 pm CT.

Im a bit curious to hear how Jim Cummings' Turkey Day turns out.

Last edited:
5 or 530. It took the contingent from Queens a little longer to get here than usual.

giphy.gif

You can't fit a Swanson's in a toaster oven. And anyone on their 3rd Old Milwaukee would have to be posting from the can.

Funny. 30 years ago the wife and I did that for our first Thanksgiving dinner.

We've migrated to the real thing with all the fixings. Timing is between lunch and dinner (3-ish). Later we'll have something real light. This year probably just some fruit and pumpkin pie.

I think between 1-2pm is ideal. Have a great meal, clean up, and set the stage for turkey sandwiches and pie later in the evening. Eating later is such a tease - I mean, what do you do for lunch on Thanksgiving day? Snack until you're rabid? Also, earlier dinner means earlier drinks/cocktails.

Reactions: step.eng69
5:00. Then the turkey coma sets in. We always have way too much food - 8 adults and 2 kids but all relatively light eaters. 23 pound turkey was only half consumed. It's all about the sides - mashed and sweet potatoes, bread stuffing, asparagus with soba noodles and mushrooms, cornbread rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet gherkins, olives, etc. Carbohydrate overload. Fell asleep watching wheeler dealer reruns. Now it's 9:00 and I'm awake and starting to think about a snack later on. 3 homade pies only half eaten and some cookies yet to be tried. A few Bourbon balls left as well.

Tomorrow we will make some chili for the pregame tailgate on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT