ADVERTISEMENT

What? No Super Bowl game thread?

Travis and Jason both on the downside physically, not the players they were 3 years ago -- would be so great if they both turn down the money and retire hopefully with intact brains.

The Travis/Andy Reid bump incident was such an extraordinary moment and I thought showed what a great coach Reid is that he didn't even let it break his concentration. He just let Travis have his little tantrum. Reid understood how important the game was for Travis, that it might be his last football game, couldn't say that publicly but that's what it was. There are times you ignore player insubordination in the Super Bowl and that's one of them.

And Mahomes OMG. Greatest pressure performance by a quarterback I've seen this side of Joe Montana (though "pressure" has no meaning to Mahomes). He had the game won earlier if not for a lot of player mistakes -- Chiefs basically beat themselves and Mahomes overcame that and a tremendous SF d-line and all of SF's all-pros and STILL won. If Moody hadn't missed the PA you know Mahomes would have just won it earlier because he and Reid would have found a way.

And that last play call from Andy Reid -- Romo was right to go crazy about it, it was so brilliant, such a simple thing, looks so easy -- that's the essence of great offensive coaching and execution. You see stuff like that and wonder why MY coach doesn't think of stuff like that when you need a 3 yard TD, but there's not many Andy Reids in the world. They actually knew the SF secondary to a man and exactly how they would react in certain situations, and what defense they'd be in and then think of this little 1 second precision maneuver that would fool somebody and produce a breakdown.
Travis has a couple years left honestly. Even not being Travis-level elite he's still a top 8 TE. Kittle Andrews and LaPorta are probably the only better TEs right now. Interesting all 4 played in the CCGs. Maybe TE is more important than people think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT