ADVERTISEMENT

What is the key on Saturday night?

THE key is getting (LOL) a “fair” shake from our friendly Big 10(14) officiating crew.

Since we joined the conference, officials have taken THREE games directly and obviously from Penn State and handed them on a golden platter to tOSU. They have influenced countless others with calls that favor tOSU by at least a 3-1 margin.

For Penn State it’s LBer’s that can fill a hole and tackle. Combined with a good pass rush.

Time of possession, ball control, field possession. Create a couple of turnovers. Keep our defense off the field.
Long controlled drives that eat up clock. If the OSU offense is on the sideline, they can't score. No turnovers by us. No one or two play drives by them.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
It’s pressure on the quarterback. Our offense will score enough points to be competitive, but I think showing that we can put pressure on Haskins is more important than loading up to stop the run. If we’re going to stop either Ohio State’s run game or Haskins, I’d rather stop Haskins.

Reactions: Roethlisberge
Linebackers need to step up and make plays.

I think it's 65% probable we score more than the 24 we scored against OSU in 2016.

However, i think it's 90% probable OSU scores more than the 21 they scored against us in 2016.

OSU will get their points. But the LBers need to make enough plays that they end up somewhere around 28 or 30 as opposed to 38 or 42. If it's the former, we can win. If it's the latter, we likely lose.

If the defense can cause a turnover or two and score early in the game things will get interesting real fast. The OC has to mix up the play calling to keep their defense off balance and guessing. Trace has to be fearless and Sanders has to run hard. Having 106k fans screaming will also help. Go Nittany Lions.

1. Hope that OSU makes some mistakes that PSU can capitalize on.
2. Load the box and make Haskins beat you.
3. Hope placekicker can make all field goal attempts.

This is one of those games where I think OSU is going to have to lose as much as PSU wins.

1. Hope that OSU makes some mistakes that PSU can capitalize on.
2. Load the box and make Haskins beat you.
3. Hope placekicker can make all field goal attempts.

1. Basic Defense to start the game. Zone, not man, on Dixon and Campbell and McLaurin. We can't rush the passer and we cannot cover them 1 on 1, so you play zone and keep everything in front of you and you force them to go the 80 yards in 10 plays instead of 2.

2. You obviously need to start 4 and 7 because the staff annointed them before the season, but after the first 3 or 4 plays get them out of there and get 26 and 11 on the field. 4 and 7 are the two biggest liabilities on the field defensively and Ohio State knows it.

3. The field goal thing is correct: Every point will count and we cannot miss them. Also,, go for it on everything outside of the 25 yard line because he can't make anything further than 40 yards.

Score more points than Ohio State.

delany won’t allow it. Last time that happened, there was controversy about the playoff selection. delany doesn’t want that again. He wants it to be easy for Tosu (or michigan).

Keep the PSU defense off the field. Fortunately or unfortunately, PSUs offense isn't really built around eating up the clock.

On defense I think Pry is going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Haskins and rattle him. I fear that with the inexperience of this defense off Haskins has time the defense will get dismantled.

Keep the PSU defense off the field. Fortunately or unfortunately, PSUs offense isn't really built around eating up the clock.

On defense I think Pry is going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Haskins and rattle him. I fear that with the inexperience of this defense off Haskins has time the defense will get dismantled.
OSU keeps Haskins safe. Mostly 3 step drops. Play sound D and tackle well. You aren’t gong to get to him there, but make it tough on him. DL needs to bat some balls and slow the ground game. Turnovers and special teams will play a part in this game.

DB....haven't watched OSU yet this year. How is Haskins scrambling ability?
Non existent: Once you force him out of the pocket the play is over. The problem is forcing him out of the pocket. You need a pass rush.

OSU keeps Haskins safe. Mostly 3 step drops. Play sound D and tackle well. You aren’t gong to get to him there, but make it tough on him. DL needs to bat some balls and slow the ground game. Turnovers and special teams will play a part in this game.
He also locks in on receivers. Stares down his receivers most of the time. Up to now, that's not been a problem because he's played four bad teams and yes, that includes TCU, who Texas just smoked off the field.

Reactions: ralphster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT