ADVERTISEMENT

What Franklin did at the end....

SUPERTODD

Dec 28, 2004
of the game is why I will support him with unanimous support going forward. He just lost 2 tough road games in a row against ranked opponents and his top priority is for his team to show respect for their opponents. It's his TOP priority at a time when nearly anyone else is looking to make excuses. Success with honor. Who knows if he will bring us the success we want but the honor he brings us is priceless.

of the game is why I will support him with unanimous support going forward. He just lost 2 tough road games in a row against ranked opponents and his top priority is for his team to show respect for their opponents. It's his TOP priority at a time when nearly anyone else is looking to make excuses. Success with honor. Who knows if he will bring us the success we want but the honor he brings us is priceless.

Well said.

He ran after Koa Farmer because Farmer was leaving the field without shaking hands. Franklin really let him have it too.
Thanks, I found the video. My son saw him chase down Farmer. We just didn't know why.

Other than his cheerleading, I wish he'd show some emotion when his team needs a swift kick in the arse.

Franklins our coach and a good one ...we are lucky to have him.

And I will say that I believed that even when things weren’t going so well for the man. I think it speaks volumes about this program that, after the NCAA tried to kill it, it stayed the course and never had a losing season.

Franklin is my man. He has been for awhile.

So what? Hold told one of his players to go and shake hands after a tough loss. Thats what he gets paid to do.

Probably the only time all day he did his job.

Is this 8-year-old football league? Should they all line up and touch hands? Maybe kids are pissed off about the coaches not putting them in the best position to win? Franklin should be worried about more than Koa shaking hands or not!

Is this 8-year-old football league? Should they all line up and touch hands? Maybe kids are pissed off about the coaches not putting them in the best position to win? Franklin should be worried about more than Koa shaking hands or not!
And what else, pray tell, should Franklin be worrying about?

And what else, pray tell, should Franklin be worrying about?
Some of the assistants he hired look to be more than a little shaky, and guys who get paid in the top 10, but play like 20, aren't long for coaching.

While I agree wholeheartedly with what he did today, I wish he'd apply the class more consistently. Icing Ga State's kicker and running a final play against Michigan were not class moves, nor fitting of success with honor.

So what? Hold told one of his players to go and shake hands after a tough loss. Thats what he gets paid to do.

So what? Are you an idiot?

Can you not see that the FAILURE to do what Franklin just did is why our society is turning into crap?

It is FAR, FAR more important that young people learn dignity than it is to win that football game.

Remember, someone was going to lose today. One team or the other. So that team's fan base was going to have to live with the loss no matter what.

When people behave boorishly (like Farmer did), we all have to live with that. And no, Farmer isn't an axe murder. Just a young kid who needed correction (as we all did).

I give a small amount of thanks that Franklin was around to give it.

While I agree wholeheartedly with what he did today, I wish he'd apply the class more consistently. Icing Ga State's kicker and running a final play against Michigan were not class moves, nor fitting of success with honor.

:eek:

Sure. He is not perfect. Paterno wasn't perfect either. Maybe he is a work in progress.

So a coach who is being paid $5 million a year believes it is his job to do his job every second of every game is a bad thing? Am I missing something?

Reactions: paws1957

Not having a 4th team field goal defense unit is at least a plausible explanation for calling a time out. Avoid confusion and more importantly, injury. Teach/ instruct your players...... First team or fourth team.

You realize where he's brought this program in an incredibly short time, when most college football observers had us dead and buried for 10 years or more?

Our program deserves better fans than you. Do you struggle with critical thinking in other areas of your life?

Not having a 4th team field goal defense unit is at least a plausible explanation for calling a time out. Avoid confusion and more importantly, injury. Teach/ instruct your players...... First team or fourth team.

Hah, if you bought that explanation I don't know what more I can say.

Sure. He is not perfect. Paterno wasn't perfect either. Maybe he is a work in progress.

That's fair, not like I want the guy gone, I love him leading our program. Just hope he considers we should both win with class and lose with class, not just the latter.

Yes. If i was a recruits parent and watched that yesterday i would be damn interested in my son playing for coach franklin. He gets it

Many Spartans have changed views on Franklin for the class move and being classy in the QA after the game. Gave credit to the Spartans not like Harbaugh who never once mentioned the Spartans in his post game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT