ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

Serpentza on YouTube- guy who lived in China as a youtuber since the 2000s but left. Kinda amazes me he was even doing negative leaning weedios as recently as 2019 while in HK. Dude is lucky he didnt get snatched up, quite franklinly.

I got 3 or 4 episodes in and just cannot get into it. Does it get any better?

I got six in thinking it'd eventually get good. Just other than the son and Stevie, the characters are all so unlikeable.

Still catching up on Mannix. Route 66 popping up on DVR now and again. So good. Damn they took some fake punches.

Did anyone see Tehran on Apple TV? I watched servant and see on Apple TV both were good, the alienist on tNT season 1 and season 2 were also excellent
The Last kingdom on Netflix was also good

Reactions: Locolion
Did anyone see Tehran on Apple TV? I watched servant and see on Apple TV both were good, the alienist on tNT season 1 and season 2 were also excellent
The Last kingdom on Netflix was also good
Just watched Tehran. I liked it as did my wife fwiw. A who’s going to do it. Learned a few things about Iran

Last edited:
Just watched Tehran. I liked it as did my wife fwiw. A who’s going to do it. Learned a few things about Iraq
Uh, Tehran is the capital if Iran, not Iraq. Also, Iran is pronounced “Ee- ron”. Not “I-ran” - just so conversationally you all sound more erudite, like me

Uh, Tehran is the capital if Iran, not Iraq. Also, Iran is pronounced “Ee- ron”. Not “I-ran” - just so conversationally you all sound more erudite, like me
Lol. I read the post and i was going to quip” apparently you didn’t learn enough.

Lol. I read the post and i was going to quip” apparently you didn’t learn enough.
Yeah what’s the deal with giving those contiguous countries similar names. That always causes problems and is very confusing. Their leaders are aren’t very creative or just plain name hogs. Think;
Ireland and Northern Ireland
South Korea and North Korea
So. Vietnam and North Vietnam
Congo and Dem. Republic of Congo
USA and CSA

Reactions: razpsu
So does this mean I have a Ee-phone and not an I-phone?
And how come Bike like what you ride made helmets
But Nike as in Nik-ee are not like what you ride ??

Jack Ryan is petty good. We like it better than the Arab-American League I’m sure.
Billions
Queens Gambit was a nice weekend binge. My wife especially liked it.

We just finished 9 seasons of Doc Martin. It's not something I would have initially opted for it, but my wife likes British shows, so I agreed to give it a try. It kind of milks its central themes for every ounce of viability, but it was very entertaining. Now we have to wait around until season 10 is filmed and released. (And being 9 seasons long, with each episode taking @ 45 minutes, it did take a chunk of time to watch all 9 seasons.)
Did you go over to the Acorn Network (think that's what it is called) to get the last season or two?

Finished Ratched on Netflix and I just started Manhunter (about Richard Jewel) on Netflix too

Jack Ryan is petty good. We like it better than the Arab-American League I’m sure.
Billions
Queens Gambit was a nice weekend binge. My wife especially liked it.
Jack Ryan is great!! Highly recommend. My wife even likes it, or maybe she just likes ‘Jack.’

Norsemen on Netflix. A very underrated series. Comic version of Vikings. I did mention it earlier. Give it a try. You will know in first 10 minutes if it is your kind of humor. I loved it.

Reactions: Nittany_93
I just watched the 3 available episodes of Trafficked on Nat Geo. Really well done and a look behind the scenes of some very nefarious businesses like Drugs, Scams and Counterfeiting.
yeah....great series...that woman has brass balls and good for her. Last night, the show on the drug war after trafficked was good as well.

yeah....great series...that woman has brass balls and good for her. Last night, the show on the drug war after trafficked was good as well.
We said they same about her. She and her team seem to be very exposed. I loved how she showed her “resume” of photos.
I was tempted to watch Narco Wars right after but recorded it instead.

Reactions: Obliviax
We said they same about her. She and her team seem to be very exposed. I loved how she showed her “resume” of photos.
I was tempted to watch Narco Wars right after but recorded it instead.
She is kind of cute and has a very trust inducing way about her. She is incredibly upbeat and engaging when she is standing there interviewing a guy making Fentanyl with two other guys guarding them with AK 47s in the heart of a Mexican jungle. Brass balls.

i sometimes watch "Locked Up Abroad" as well. Another very interesting series.

The Flight Attendant. I was seconds from turning it off after 5-10 minutes of the first episode when everything changed. I can't say it is great but I find it amusing when the lead (Kaley Cuoco) does something that is beyond stupid.
the-flight-attendant-e1603206635626.jpg

Reactions: BBrown
The Flight Attendant. I was seconds from turning it off after 5-10 minutes of the first episode when everything changed. I can't say it is great but I find it amusing when the lead (Kaley Cuoco) does something that is beyond stupid.
the-flight-attendant-e1603206635626.jpg

I am going to give this a try later. I am still binge watching The Mandalorian and I love it.
So much better than any of the Star Wars movies after Empire Strikes Back.

I am going to give this a try later. I am still binge watching The Mandalorian and I love it.
So much better than any of the Star Wars movies after Empire Strikes Back.
How much of a Star Wars geek do you have to be for The Mandalorian? I'm worried that I'm not sufficiently versed in all of the history to grasp the references.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT