ADVERTISEMENT

What are you binge watching?

The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Very fine production values, good acting (Henry Thomas, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton), requires concentration as it flips back and forth between time periods.

Reactions: mdking001
The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Very fine production values, good acting (Henry Thomas, Carla Gugino, Timothy Hutton), requires concentration as it flips back and forth between time periods.
I was all in until you mentioned it requires concentration. Back to watching Gilligan Island reruns and a young Tina Louise. I love em a little on the slutty side.

Do you listen to the Kent State games on the radio?

Kent State - online radio or espn3 or - rarely - when they're on TV. My wife has a TV (sits unused in a closed cabinet) and she hooks me up if they're on. Rare treat!

A Penn State game after a morning or day of hunting is always cozy for me, too.

Aside from a few PSU or KSU games, I never watch and don't miss it a bit.

Reactions: Chris92
Not really binge watching but we have been watching "New Tricks" on Amazon Prime. Old retired British detectives investigating cold cases. It has it's moments.

I've recently discovered LetterKenny on Hulu. Comedy set in a small Canadian town. Hockey, drinking and dogs feature prominently. Hard to explain why it is funny, but I think it is one of the funnier shows of the past decade. Currently on Season 9 (I think) but there are only seven(?) 20 minute episodes per season.

I've recently discovered LetterKenny on Hulu. Comedy set in a small Canadian town. Hockey, drinking and dogs feature prominently. Hard to explain why it is funny, but I think it is one of the funnier shows of the past decade. Currently on Season 9 (I think) but there are only seven(?) 20 minute episodes per season.

And to those who haven’t seen it, pitter patter.

We just finished Bridgerton. It's more of a chick-flick series, but this history buff also got roped in. King George III (a minor character in the series) and Queen Charlotte are, by virtue of being the king and queen during the American Revolution, the English royal couple about which I know the most.

It's an entertaining series (and just got renewed for season 2). However, don't take the historical depictions as accurate -- way, way too many mistakes in that regard. I had to stop worrying about them in episode 1, and just sit back and watch.

FWIW, way, way more sex scenes that you would have expected for that era. ;)

We just finished Bridgerton. It's more of a chick-flick series, but this history buff also got roped in. King George III (a minor character in the series) and Queen Charlotte are, by virtue of being the king and queen during the American Revolution, the English royal couple about which I know the most.

It's an entertaining series (and just got renewed for season 2). However, don't take the historical depictions as accurate -- way, way too many mistakes in that regard. I had to stop worrying about them in episode 1, and just sit back and watch.

FWIW, way, way more sex scenes that you would have expected for that era. ;)

Finished Lupin on Netflix the other day. Its only a 5 episode series (I think this is the first half, second half to follow later) but it was a lot of fun and well done...well other than the french to english dubbing, that wasn't too good.

Last edited:
I couldn't get into Queen's Gambit. I respect why it's so popular, but I gave up after Ep3. Just wasn't for me.

Alex Rider was solid, knowing it's based on a young adult book series.

Broadchurch was pretty good, though Season 3 seemed like a "ok we have to do another season, what can we rush together?"

I couldn't get into Queen's Gambit. I respect why it's so popular, but I gave up after Ep3. Just wasn't for me.

Alex Rider was solid, knowing it's based on a young adult book series.

Broadchurch was pretty good, though Season 3 seemed like a "ok we have to do another season, what can we rush together?"

I could definitely see why others wouldn't like it, but I thought it was really well acted and interesting.

any love for the Kaminski method? I like it, my wife loves it. Michael Douglas an actor, acting teaching and his buddy Alan Arkin, his agent. They are growing old together. Seems appropriate to me

Republic of Doyle on Netflix. Reminds me a bit of Psych, and has me interested in taking a trip to St. John's, Newfoundland.

If you need something short and quick to watch, Neflix's history of cursing series with Nicolas Cage is entertaining.

And to those who haven’t seen it, pitter patter.

Anybody watch the lastest 20/20 on Hulu about Jon benet Ramsey? Crazy this shit hasn't been solved yet..

Watching Search Party on HBO max. Episodes are like 25 mins each. Pretty good show and easy to blow throw.

I started when this was on....TBS I think? I almost finished S1; great cast and a pretty compelling story. Hope to pick it back up.

Right now, we're watching Ted Lasso (Apple TV) and The Flight Attendant (HBO MAX). My wife is into Ted Lasso (I think it's because she went to grad school in London and it's very nostalgic for her - plus it's funny as hell) which has been great for me, but The Flight Attendant is a tougher watch - it doesn't straddle the violent/funny line very well and the plot device they use to help our heroine 'remember' what happened on the night someone was murdered is pretty clunky (she drinks heavily, and enters a dreamlike state where she has conversations with said dead person). Kaley Cuoco is charming and the sting of seeing people actually get on planes and stay in hotels is oddly more foreign that you might think.

I started when this was on....TBS I think? I almost finished S1; great cast and a pretty compelling story. Hope to pick it back up.

Right now, we're watching Ted Lasso (Apple TV) and The Flight Attendant (HBO MAX). My wife is into Ted Lasso (I think it's because she went to grad school in London and it's very nostalgic for her - plus it's funny as hell) which has been great for me, but The Flight Attendant is a tougher watch - it doesn't straddle the violent/funny line very well and the plot device they use to help our heroine 'remember' what happened on the night someone was murdered is pretty clunky (she drinks heavily, and enters a dreamlike state where she has conversations with said dead person). Kaley Cuoco is charming and the sting of seeing people actually get on planes and stay in hotels is oddly more foreign that you might think.
For a great London vibe try Catastrophe, on Amazon Prime. 98% Tomatometer.

Get this guy a Puppers.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT