ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Kent St Game

Overthereguy

May 23, 2018
Abu Dhabi
The forecast for Saturday is looking good right now - mostly cloudy the entire day and 72 degrees at game time.

It looks like there will be quite a bit of rain on Thursday and Friday though.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Accuweather says high of 77, clouds giving way to some sun on Saturday. Good game weather. Also Thursday and Friday are both a chance of showers not quite a bit of rain.

Last edited:
Accuweathwr says high of 77, clouds giving way to some sun. Good game weather. Also Thursday and Friday are both a chance of showers not quite a bit of rain.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/pa/state-college/date/2018-09-14

Weather Underground is showing scattered thunderstorms, isolated thunderstorms, thunderstorms, few showers, and showers for almost the entirety of both days. That to me is quite a bit of rain. Although, I live in a place where it only rains about 10 times a year, if we are lucky.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
When I was involved with hydrology years ago I liked to measure the actual rain depth to compare with the Soil Conservation Service estimated runoff curves for the 1-yr, 2-yr, etc storm events. Although I had many types of rain gauges, when I had to travel, this was my favorite rain gauge.

woman-martini-glass-20046570.jpg

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
He's referencing the actual chance it will be raining during those times... it's under 40% for most of the hours.

one of the great things about WUnderground is the amount of info with seemingly less-hype. It includes probabilities of precip. and the amount of rain expected, which is basically none.

In my experience, isolated and/or scattered t-storms at less than 40% chance with minimal rain tend to be among the best weather days n PA and SNJ this time of year.

OMG! A different weather forecast? A WEATHER FORECAST! It's blasphemy. o_O ahahaha

There is absolutely no chance of rain in the next 3 days. I retract all my previous posts.

Its been raining in State College since July. Time to build an Ark. Right now, I see blue skies and sunshine out my office window.

Reactions: BBrown
Here's a silly question...

It appears the rains which were suppose to make a mess of the parking in the Brown, Orange, Family parking and Yellow Lot #12 isn't going to arrive until after the weekend. So why hasn't Sandy and all her assistant athletic directors revised their plans to close half the available parking spots?

It appears the rains which were suppose to make a mess of the parking in the Brown, Orange, Family parking and Yellow Lot #12 isn't going to arrive until after the weekend. So why hasn't Sandy and all her assistant athletic directors revised their plans to close half the available parking spots?
Who the hell knows. She's still trying to build a god damn swimming pool for whatever reason. Or was it a tennis court? I'm sorry, a Badminton stadium.

Meanwhile the Beaver stadium press box looks like something out of a 1920's photograph, and the infrastructure of Beaver Stadium probably appears like a maze to any engineer, while she puts a D1 basketball team in a giant farm and home depot barn in which about one third of the people can actually see the sport, with a giant black curtain hanging over half of it.

Reactions: Cosmos

The lots weren’t closed due to the future forecast, they were closed due to the amount of rain that has already fallen (and the current shape of those lots).

Reactions: BBrown
When I was involved with hydrology years ago I liked to measure the actual rain depth to compare with the Soil Conservation Service estimated runoff curves for the 1-yr, 2-yr, etc storm events. Although I had many types of rain gauges, when I had to travel, this was my favorite rain gauge.

woman-martini-glass-20046570.jpg
Huh? Runoff curves? Hers?

Reactions: step.eng69
Who the hell knows. She's still trying to build a god damn swimming pool for whatever reason. Or was it a tennis court? I'm sorry, a Badminton stadium.

Meanwhile the Beaver stadium press box looks like something out of a 1920's photograph, and the infrastructure of Beaver Stadium probably appears like a maze to any engineer, while she puts a D1 basketball team in a giant farm and home depot barn in which about one third of the people can actually see the sport, with a giant black curtain hanging over half of it.

Jr. High press box is my favorite descriptor. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT