ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE BETTER!

Wow! If we sign Mr. Menet we will have beaten out Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia, etc. to get another 4-star future NFL draftee.

I wonder how long it will be until Pitt decides they can't play us because of "scheduling difficulties"! They won't stand a chance against us with their team of 2-star Youngstown State rejects!

Coach Hand just posted a funny gif on twitter. I'm guessing it might be an O-lineman.

A bit surprising. Good size. Was bound to start climbing up the rankings. Will be interesting to see if OSU starts getting interest now that he committed to PSU.

ALEX GELLERSTEDT // DUBLIN (COFFMAN HIGH SCHOOL)
While Cupp has received much of the recent speculation, there's people I know close to Ohio State that feel Alex Gellerstedt, a 6-foot-7, 275-pounder from Dublin, might be just as close to a potential offer. Gellerstedt has had a big week, adding offers from Penn State and West Virginia to a list that already included Maryland, Cincinnati, Illinois, North Carolina, Vanderbilt and nearly a dozen others.

I don't know anything about the kid. I really love the fact that we are going after tall, athletic o-linemen who have the frame to pack on needed weight. Welcome aboard son. You won't regret it. WeRRRR

Reactions: bmw199
Any OL commitment with a Wisconsin offer is good enough for me. Under the radar as has only played one season on OL. Looks to be a good get.

Definitely fits the mold for the type that Franklin likes. Tall, not too heavy, room to add on good weight over time. CJF would prefer - I believe - that 3/4 of his OL recruits look like tackles, and then he has the flexibility to move them inside if nwcessary

I will have to see how he plays this upcoming season since our high school is in the same division of the same conference and we play them every year. Didn't get to see the game last year.

Any OL commitment with a Wisconsin offer is good enough for me. Under the radar as has only played one season on OL. Looks to be a good get.[/QUOTE On this Rivals website, he does not yet have an offer from Wiscky. Check his bio under the FB Recruiting Tab above under Recruit Search

Getting solid recruits out of Ohio is big..very big. I think if we can add Ferns, who could arguably be Franklin's best recruit, then a nice pipeline I tithe Buckeye state may be established.

Meyer will always dominate their recruiting but we need to get in there and take some blue choppers like another border state does annually - that being Michigan

Michigan and ND have always pulled out a tope kid or two fro Ohio. We use to in "olden times"

Definitely fits the mold for the type that Franklin likes. Tall, not too heavy, room to add on good weight over time. CJF would prefer - I believe - that 3/4 of his OL recruits look like tackles, and then he has the flexibility to move them inside if nwcessary

Yes, look at his picture along side Coach Franklin on the front page of this site. If he is indeed 275 or somewhere close to that, he should easily carry 300 pounds, and maybe a good bit more. Big frame.

I think this young man will become a good addition in a position of need on this team. Something about him reminds me of Dieffenbach. Welcome to the family. We are...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT