ADVERTISEMENT

We’ll the sun came out this morning

The sun did come up. but then ya realize it’s Sunday and for us Eagles fans it looks like another gloomy day. All I can say is “Let’s Go Flyers”

• Haha
Reactions: jjw165 and psu00
I ended up at the Wake Forest vs Army game @ West Point. A PSU buddy has 3 kids who went to West Point with one a senior now. My daughter and sister went to Wake- so I couldn't lose. I wore a camo Army ball cap and a Wake sweatshirt. Weather was all over the yard- freezing cold with some drizzle early in tailgating, ski cap and gloves were on, then sunny and perfect in the stadium. We were shedding layers as the game started. Beautiful autumn scene in a spectacular setting for college football. Leaves turning, chill in the air perfect.

Two PSU connections made the day incredibly successful. #1: USMA grad sitting behind us had a daughter who went to State- she and her hubby bailed on the Army game at the last minute so he offered us their Kimsey Club passes for halftime- free food in a buffet style dining room behind a huge glass window in the endzone w cash bar (no beer is for sale in the stadium except there). We arrived just as the half was coming to a close and Wake was going for a TD- so we party crashed a private balcony function to see the plays outside. Best view in the stadium! They had free food PLUS free beer- so we stayed. Ended up chatting up a guy in a PSU cap who turned out to be the host- and a big Anheuser-Busch distributor for NY region. We hung with him and were the last to leave the party- after sampling plenty of product!

So for me yesterday life was grand. Saw a very evenly matched game between two schools that I root for with contrasting styles. Awesome chess match of teams playing to their strengths- but Wake ended up with some great running plays and Army successfully threw the ball more than anyone there has seen in YEARS. After the game we had a bonfire with Cadets on Buffalo Soldier Field late into the evening. Truly a special day- and I've been to many, many games in many great places. Definitely one of my top ever experiences.

THE BEST THING WAS THAT WIFI WAS JAMMED ON CAMPUS ALL DAY! I couldn't follow our score at all. I saw us go up early 7-0 and knew we had the ball. I saw 10-7 @ half on the CBS Sports crawler in the box- but otherwise had no clue that our game was still close and that we went to an OT- much less 9- until it was over. I will not be watching the recording- but will root for us to maybe pull a rabbit out of the hat vs. OSU next Saturday. Losing to the Illini in the manner described by posters here feels very much like the Cincinnati loss in 1983 which was my first PSU home game as a student- simply a folly of mistakes, missed opportunities, bad breaks and poor coaching all around. 6-4 Iowa has been brought up many times posters too- I for one was thrilled that my love of State worked in our favor yesterday- even if our team laid an egg. In this case ignorance seems to be bliss!

Hope the Nittany lion’s can bounce back after this . Hope they can find a way to upset the bucknutz team from Ohio to save their season
The sun rising is always a positive no matter what. But trust me, we'll have to rely on that happening again on October 31st. There is next to zero chance of winning the day before. This is a below average team playing on the road (as if that matters) against a highly talented and significantly better coached outfit. It will be ugly, which is why for the first time I can recall, I will not watch.

The sun rising is always a positive no matter what. But trust me, we'll have to rely on that happening again on October 31st. There is next to zero chance of winning the day before. This is a below average team playing on the road (as if that matters) against a highly talented and significantly better coached outfit. It will be ugly, which is why for the first time I can recall, I will not watch.
It could well be like the O'Brien night game at Columbus where we got smacked- only good play was the Allen Robinson TD run after catch- but even that was really garbage time.

The sun did come up. but then ya realize it’s Sunday and for us Eagles fans it looks like another gloomy day. All I can say is “Let’s Go Flyers”
You sound like me, except all I have are the Penguins who started out well at 3-0-2 without Crosby, Malkin, and most recently Letang, Carter, and Rust. The Steelers are on the downside ( and may be worse than the Eagles) and PSU is now shot for this year. All I have for the fall and winter now are the Pens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT