ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Rutgers...

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
They may not win a game in the B10 this year, but they gave #8 UW all they could handle last night. Game was 10-7 well into the 3rd Q and the Rutgers D was giving UW fits.

They may not win a game in the B10 this year, but they gave #8 UW all they could handle last night. Game was 10-7 well into the 3rd Q and the Rutgers D was giving UW fits.

Unfortunately for Rutgers, a game is 60 minutes long not 10 minutes....after taking the lead 7-0 midway through the 1st QTR, Washington proceeded to reel off the next 27 consecutive points leading 10-7 at the half and 27-7 at the end of the 3rd QTR.

To demonstrate how pathetically awful Rutgers' pass defense was, U-dub won the game despite only possessing the ball for 21:52! (i.e., Rutgers lost despite winning TOP 38:08 to 21:52) - U-dub averaging 17 yards per completion and 2 TDs / 0 INTs on 17 completions is pretty telling as to how pathetically bad Rutgers defensive backfield and pass defense was as a result of their absurd gambles to stop the run...(U-dub only posted 80 yards rushing so the defensive genius braintrust at Rutgers managed to win the battle they defined as "critical" while getting destroyed in "The War", LMAO!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I heard Rutgers is going to start handing these out to their players at the end of each season:

AM938G.jpg

Unfortunately for Rutgers, a game is 60 minutes long not 10 minutes....after taking the lead 7-0 midway through the 1st QTR, Washington proceeded to reel off the next 27 consecutive points leading 10-7 at the half and 27-7 at the end of the 3rd QTR.

To demonstrate how pathetically awful Rutgers' pass defense was, U-dub won the game despite only possessing the ball for 21:52! (i.e., Rutgers lost despite winning TOP 38:08 to 21:52) - U-dub averaging 17 yards per completion and 2 TDs / 0 INTs on 17 completions is pretty telling as to how pathetically bad Rutgers defensive backfield and pass defense was as a result of their absurd gambles to stop the run...(U-dub only posted 80 yards rushing so the defensive genius braintrust at Rutgers managed to win the battle they defined as "critical" while getting destroyed in "The War", LMAO!).
Sounds like the Narduzzi's strategy on defense.

I predict Rutgers will lead the B1G in moral victories. Will only have 2-3 actual victories.

I forgot about your football knowledge. Thanks Bushy!

I predicted this yesterday. Typical for a team that traveled coast to coast to look flat.
That said, Rutgres D looks better than last year.

Rutgers D looked good??? U-dub only possessed the ball for 21:52 and lost the TOP battle by over 16 minutes!!! (Rutgers possessed the ball for 38:08). In the 21:52 that U-dub possessed the ball, Browning managed to throw for 284 yards on only 17 completions, averaging 17 yards per completion, throwing 2 TD passes and 0 INTs.....and U-dub reeling off 27 consecutive points after Rutgers scored first midway through the 1st QTR such that U-dub was winning 27-7 at the end of the 3rd QTR.....and ended up winning the game fairly easily and not in any danger of losing the game 30-14. That's good defense? You're losing the game 27-7 after 3 quarters despite winning the TOP battle 38:08 to 21:52 and hold your opponent to 80 yards rushing??? It takes a special kind of bad defensive gameplan and just plain awful pass defense to lose that badly as these statistics demonstrate - I guess you could call this "good defense" if you essentially posit that defending the pass is completely unimportant??? Don't know many proven Defensive Geniuses in football that would agree with this view, but whatever.....

Rutgers D looked good??? U-dub only possessed the ball for 21:52 and lost the TOP battle by over 16 minutes!!! (Rutgers possessed the ball for 38:08). In the 21:52 that U-dub possessed the ball, Browning managed to throw for 284 yards on only 17 completions, averaging 17 yards per completion, throwing 2 TD passes and 0 INTs.....and U-dub reeling off 27 consecutive points after Rutgers scored first midway through the 1st QTR such that U-dub was winning 27-7 at the end of the 3rd QTR.....and ended up winning the game fairly easily and not in any danger of losing the game 30-14. That's good defense? You're losing the game 27-7 after 3 quarters despite winning the TOP battle 38:08 to 21:52 and hold your opponent to 80 yards rushing??? It takes a special kind of bad defensive gameplan and just plain awful pass defense to lose that badly as these statistics demonstrate - I guess you could call this "good defense" if you essentially posit that defending the pass is completely unimportant??? Don't know many proven Defensive Geniuses in football that would agree with this view, but whatever.....
Didn't say good. Said better than last year.

It was 24-0 last year when we played in Seattle in the first quarter. We are better and will win some games this year. We can beat Illinois, Purdue, and Maryland. I did not say will win, but can.

Reactions: WestSideLion
It was 24-0 last year when we played in Seattle in the first quarter. We are better and will win some games this year. We can beat Illinois, Purdue, and Maryland. I did not say will win, but can.

Maryland will beat you by 17+

Rutgers looked respectable and never let the game turn into a rout. I give them some credit for that. They might get a few wins this year.

Reactions: dbaguy
I bet they scare you in happy valley. It won't be the ass whoppin we did to y'all but they will make you play 50 mins. Roll Tide!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT