ADVERTISEMENT

Washington can absolutely beat Michigan.

Michigan did a reasonably good but not great job against OSU. OSU ran the ball 8 times straight against Michigan for a touchdown.
Can't we point to a possession like that against every defense?
I can't recall most of that game. Was it primarily Henderson? If so, UW doesn't have a Henderson

Unless one team is greatly overmatched, running the ball eight times row down another team's throat is rare, particularly against a tean that is supposed to have a very good defense.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Michigan couldn't cover Ohio state's receivers. Mccord just had a bad game. If Penix is on, Michigan is in trouble. I don't think Michigan can hold Washington under 30 points
Don't underestimate Jimmah and his coaching ability as well as being able to make in game adjustments. He is one of the best coaches in the game. I am dead serious and hate I mean hate admitting this but it is the brutal truth

Don't underestimate Jimmah and his coaching ability as well as being able to make in game adjustments. He is one of the best coaches in the game. I am dead serious and hate I mean hate admitting this but it is the brutal truth
I don't think he did a very good job against an overmatched TCU team last year.

Unless one team is greatly overmatched, running the ball eight times row down another team's throat is rare, particularly against a tean that is supposed to have a very good defense.
Didn't Michigan basically do that against Penn State's top ranked scoring D?
You're creating too much from a drive trying to be optimistic that Michigan doesn't win

Michigan did a reasonably good but not great job against OSU. OSU ran the ball 8 times straight against Michigan for a touchdown. Scored 24 points with mediocre qb and 2 interceptions.
OSU is very good so being able to beat them says sometjing albeit at home. UDub is maybe, maybe better than OSU because of Penix but if they played on a neutral field it would be a close game.

And they haven't seen a defense close to Michigan
Check out some of Washington's scores this year. Not saying Michigan will but your giving too much credit to Washington. Michigan is the clear favorite as much as I don't want them to win Bama was the best chance for that to happen.
I agree. Penix has to play great and hope for a sub-par Michigan performance. They beat Bama with a missed PAT, missed makeable FG and muffed punt leading directly to a Bama TD. All of that won't happen again. Bama had the best shot to knock them out. That seemed to be the NC game.

Reactions: LandoComando
I don't think he did a very good job against an overmatched TCU team last year.
That was last year and helped by a terrible call at the goal line as I remember. Believe me, NOT a Michigan fan but Harbaugh is an excellent coach with a super talented team coached up. That is a winnig combo.

Michigan did a reasonably good but not great job against OSU. OSU ran the ball 8 times straight against Michigan for a touchdown. Scored 24 points with mediocre qb and 2 interceptions.
Maryland had Michigan on the ropes UW can definitely beat them. Go Huskies.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Maryland had Michigan on the ropes UW can definitely beat them. Go Huskies.
Arizona state had Washington on the ropes. Of course Washington can beat Michigan, it’s why they play the games. I think it will be a good game. Washington’s offense (their strength) against Michigans defense (their strength) should be a good chess match.

That was last year and helped by a terrible call at the goal line as I remember. Believe me, NOT a Michigan fan but Harbaugh is an excellent coach with a super talented team coached up. That is a winnig combo.
Sometimes it's just a team's time, which I believe that it is with this Michigan team. I put a lot of stock in teams that fail at first and return. Well, Michigan lost in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022, and I just sense that this team has a resolve to win it this season.

Sometimes it's just a team's time, which I believe that it is with this Michigan team. I put a lot of stock in teams that fail at first and return. Well, Michigan lost in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022, and I just sense that this team has a resolve to win it this season.
Plus, reasonable or not, they have the "World is Against Us" mentality and it doesn't hurt.

Plus, reasonable or not, they have the "World is Against Us" mentality and it doesn't hurt.
I may be wrong, but I believe that Michigan is going to physically maul Washington. I also thought that Texas was the best team at the end of the season, so was surprised that Washington beat them.

Michigan is not the best offense that Washington has seen, and Washington's defense is playing better as the season goes on. I also believe they have a better coach which is why i think they are going to win

Michigan couldn't cover Ohio state's receivers. Mccord just had a bad game. If Penix is on, Michigan is in trouble. I don't think Michigan can hold Washington under 30 points
Washington needs to be sure they protect Penix well since he is susceptible to injuries.

Michigan is not the best offense that Washington has seen, and Washington's defense is playing better as the season goes on. I also believe they have a better coach which is why i think they are going to win
I like DeBoer a lot but what has he done to make him the better coach at this stage of their careers?

My basic point is that Washington is by far the best offense that Michigan is seen that as far as potential national championship teams go Michigan is a reasonably good team but not in the class of LSU from several years ago or a couple of the really good Alabama teams.

Ohio State lost the Big ten championship as much as Michigan won it.

• Wow
My basic point is that Washington is by far the best offense that Michigan is seen that as far as potential national championship teams go Michigan is a reasonably good team but not in the class of LSU from several years ago or a couple of the really good Alabama teams.

Ohio State lost the Big ten championship as much as Michigan won it.
I agree. and Washington's defense may not be top tier but they have already gotten the job done against better offenses than Michigans, such as Oregon.

And I'm not criticizing him. I think he's a great coach but so is Harbaugh.
I don't get this stuff about Harbaugh being a great coach. He has something like 3 wins and 7 losses against OSU. Has bad losses against MSU. Was 2-4 in 2019. OSU gave him the 2021 game because defense was horrendous and Kerry Combs was a totally incompetent defensive coordinator. Last year OSU was too aggressive on defense against and Donovan Edwards gained something like 150 or 200 yards. Against Alabama it was about 30 or 40. In other games he was not that effective. Harbaugh is reasonably good but it has coincided with a good run of luck against OSU.

I don't get this stuff about Harbaugh being a great coach. He has something like 3 wins and 7 losses against OSU. Has bad losses against MSU. Was 2-4 in 2019. OSU gave him the 2021 game because defense was horrendous and Kerry Combs was a totally incompetent defensive coordinator. Last year OSU was too aggressive on defense against and Donovan Edwards gained something like 150 or 200 yards. Against Alabama it was about 30 or 40. In other games he was not that effective. Harbaugh is reasonably good but it has coincided with a good run of luck against OSU.
A win is a win. Harbaugh has been successful with the Niners and Michigan though it took longer than it should have at Michigan. The past 3 years only Georgia and Bama have been on par with them. We don't have to like Michigan to acknowledge this. I hope Michigan gets embarrassed but, on paper, they're the obvious favorite.

Michigan will rush for 200+ yards, control the clock, wear down Washington's defense in the 4th qtr. and win 31-20.

Well, he prospered in the NFL. More so than some great college coaches (Holtz, Saban, Spurrier, John McCay, etc).

Michigan is .778 during his tenure, which has improved the Wolverine's all time winning percentage. Taking over a 5-7 team from Brady Hoke (.608 overall). A poor bowl record but three division titles.

He may be only fair at recruiting, but his development of players is excellent.

He has a losing record vs Ohio State, but then, Ryan Day has a losing record vs Michigan.

I can understand you not liking him or thinking he is a weirdo/whatever; but thinking he isn't a great coach just makes you look stupid.

Well, he prospered in the NFL. More so than some great college coaches (Holtz, Saban, Spurrier, John McCay, etc).

Michigan is .778 during his tenure, which has improved the Wolverine's all time winning percentage. Three division titles.

He may be only fair at recruiting, but his development of players is excellent.

He has a losing record vs Ohio State, but then, Ryan Day has a losing record vs Michigan.

I can understand you not liking him or thinking he is a weirdo/whatever; but thinking he isn't a great coach just makes you look stupid.
So far in college, he is a good coach not in the class of Saban or Urban Meyer. Earle Bruce at OSU was derided as 9 & 3 Earle and so far in the Big Ten Harbaugh's record is not that much better than Earle Bruce's record.

So far in college, he is a good coach not in the class of Saban or Urban Meyer. Earle Bruce at OSU was derided as 9 & 3 Earle and so far in the Big Ten Harbaugh's record is not that much better than Earle Bruce's record.
I think Harbaugh is a great coach but also benefitting from the current set of other coaches in the B1G. He is a better coach than Day and Franklin.

I think Harbaugh is a great coach but also benefitting from the current set of other coaches in the B1G. He is a better coach than Day and Franklin.
Day's record to this point is way better than Harbaugh's in the Big Ten. If Harbaugh wins the national championship a different discussion can begin.

• Wow
Day's record to this point is way better than Harbaugh's in the Big Ten. If Harbaugh wins the national championship a different discussion can begin.
He's, what, 35-1 in the regular season plus 3-0 in the Big Ten title games the past 3 years?
Just beat Bama in the playoff. He doesn't need to win Monday to be the best coach in the Big Ten--he's got that over Day easily. The only debate after Monday would possibly be DeBoer.

I think Harbaugh is clearly better than Day. He was not better than Urban Meyer.

It's an entirely different discussion next year when the new schools join the B1G, especially Washington and Oregon

He's, what, 35-1 in the regular season plus 3-0 in the Big Ten title games the past 3 years?
Just beat Bama in the playoff. He doesn't need to win Monday to be the best coach in the Big Ten--he's got that over Day easily. The only debate after Monday would possibly be DeBoer.
Lost to a substantially inferior TCU team last year. Got embarrassed by Georgia the first time he was in the playoffs. Day is something like 33-3 in regular season last 3 years. Played a very good Georgia team tough last year and would have probably won but for Harrison's injury. Day has never lost to a significantly worse team as have Harbaugh and Urban Meyer.

Harbaugh has also benefitted from his cheating.

• Haha
Lost to a substantially inferior TCU team last year. Got embarrassed by Georgia the first time he was in the playoffs. Day is something like 33-3 in regular season last 3 years. Played a very good Georgia team tough last year and would have probably won but for Harrison's injury. Day has never lost to a significantly worse team as have Harbaugh and Urban Meyer.

Harbaugh has also benefitted from his cheating.
Harbaugh has won 3 straight against Day. You don't have an argument which is why you went to cheating.
We can all hate Harbaugh but we know the reality of things today.

I think Harbaugh is clearly better than Day. He was not better than Urban Meyer.

It's an entirely different discussion next year when the new schools join the B1G, especially Washington and Oregon

Fair.

And thanks for reminding me of another great college coach who shit the bed in the NFL.

Harbaugh has won 3 straight against Day. You don't have an argument which is why you went to cheating.
So, he was 0 and 7 against Meyer. The first win was a give away by OSU which didn't have a defense the whole year.

Yes. Harbaugh is 3-1 vs Day, and I would argue that Ohio State has had the better overall talent all four games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT