ADVERTISEMENT

Wanny on BTN

Watching this guy it's blatantly obvious that he lacks the ability to be objective regarding PSU, and he should be fired as a result. It's one thing if he was on ESPN, and covering all 125 (or whatever teams), but when you are on the BTN and clearly hate almost 10% of the conference, then that is unacceptable. Stuttering idiot probably sees it that Penn State got so many of his targeted recruits, probably unfairly, and that limited his success at Pitt, and thus ruined his whole career. Douchebag.

They did a Relax or Worry segment before Wanny made his pitt pick. James Laurinaitis speaking about Penn State said people need to relax. He said Penn State has Trace McSorley who is a gamer that refuses to lose. Then he said "besides, they play pitt this week." That got Wanny all worked up. While the rest of the crew also chose; relax, for PSU, Wanny says that Penn State needs to panic. LOL

Well then that settles it for sure. Thanks
Ha Ha. Yeah. I guess nobody was going to rename me Nostradamus for that one. But...

I'll say it again. Don’t know much about either team. Given your post from yesterday, you seem to agree.

This is an exercise in futility.

They did a Relax or Worry segment before Wanny made his pitt pick. James Laurinaitis speaking about Penn State said people need to relax. He said Penn State has Trace McSorley who is a gamer that refuses to lose. Then he said "besides, they play pitt this week." That got Wanny all worked up. While the rest of the crew also chose; relax, for PSU, Wanny says that Penn State needs to panic. LOL
I can't believe I just spent this much time thinking about Wanny's opinion, still without giving a darn what he thinks. SHM...

Reactions: RandyL
And then he was the only one to turn around and say that Michigan State fans should relax, even though Utah State couldn't hold a candle to App State. He absolutely showed his colors.

Reactions: KnightSlayer
My only caveat and it has to do with all of these on air predictions.., these shows are only concerned with 1 thing...and that’s ratings.

And to keep ratings high... you need decent content.

So...they do take turns being “ good cop - bad cop”.

They are all not going to agree or say the same thing.., each has to put some stamp on what they bring to the discussion.

Wanna also said that he did not think Michigan has to worry right now but Penn State... which... regardless of who your opening opponent is..a week 1 loss... is never good.

In any event Wanny never has been a huge PSU fan...if you look back at his history...usually takes the side against PSU.

And my bet is... Franklin is not his type of Coach... Franklin recruits hard... I would guess Wanny is old school... does not like” salesman” which is probably where he personally puts Franklin...

Reactions: Ski
Well, he's a Pitt guy so there is one reason to say it. Two, without watching the games, one could surmise that beat beat an inferior opponent rather easily while PSU struggled to beat an inferior opponent.
Your comparing Albany,NY to App State???/ Really??

Your comparing Albany,NY to App State???/ Really??

No but lots of people on here are basically lumping the two schools together so thats why I just typed it as 'inferior' opponents

And then he was the only one to turn around and say that Michigan State fans should relax, even though Utah State couldn't hold a candle to App State. He absolutely showed his colors.

He’s showed his colors countless times before. Nothing new, unexpected or surprising about his comments.

Everyone take it easy on Wanny. He has good reason for his anti-bias towards PSU. Someone may have to confirm that these are indeed the years he suited up for the Panthers, but his record against PSU: 0 - 4 (outscored by 101 points).

70 November 21, 1970 #20 Penn State 35–15
71 November 20, 1971 #6 Penn State 55–18
72 November 25, 1972 #6 Penn State 49–27
73 November 24, 1973 #6 Penn State 35–13

Reactions: pandaczar12
predicts a Pitt win after watching both teams this weekend. Can’t believe he says this since Pitt played Albany! What did he see?

Give him a break. It's hard to get a good look over that fence he built.

There's a reason Wanny's been fired so many times. On paper, he looks like a guy who would be a good head coach. In interviews, he probably talks like a guy who'd be a good head coach. In real life, he was a terrible head coach.

Not sure about the interview thing. he usually has trouble putting two sentences together. Reminds me of a boxer who was knocked out one or two times too many.

Not sure about the interview thing. he usually has trouble putting two sentences together. Reminds me of a boxer who was knocked out one or two times too many.
I caught a brief moment of that show and Wanny was commenting on all the weird weather over the weekend that effected games and all the new weather terms he learned and mentioned Humidity, all the other people starting laughing at him and one guy said humidity is not a new weather term, I think we have all heard that one before - what a clown.

No question about that, but our offense didn't exactly light it up against the Miami defense that night.

That ‘86 offense didn’t light anybody up. It was all about not turning it over, field position, and our defense.

Reactions: nits74
There's a reason Wanny's been fired so many times. On paper, he looks like a guy who would be a good head coach. In interviews, he probably talks like a guy who'd be a good head coach. In real life, he was a terrible head coach.
Very good recruiter. Outstanding defensive coordinator. Terrible head coach.

Some guys are Mick Jagger. Some guys need to stay anonymous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT