ADVERTISEMENT

Wanny doubling down of PSU - Pitt

83wuzme

Apr 27, 2005
Today on BTN’s Beyond the Game he was yapping about how the BCS discourages scheduling of challenging nonconference opponents and how the system needs to be changed to promote rivalries like “ Pitt - Penn State “.
As they say in the ‘burgh, “ Get outta tahn ! “.

Today on BTN’s Beyond the Game he was yapping about how the BCS discourages scheduling of challenging nonconference opponents and how the system needs to be changed to promote rivalries like “ Pitt - Penn State “.
well, "challenging opponents" would seem to eliminate Pitt, amiright?

amiright-gif-3.gif

Wanny’s brain is still slowly functioning in the 70’s. We were warned about smoking that stuff!

The Doc. needs to shoot some more electricity into those bolts on his neck because his brain if flat lining.

Wanny’s brain is still slowly functioning in the 70’s. We were warned about smoking that stuff!
There was nothing better than the "befuddled" look he would get on his face at times on the sideline. Love Wanny.

I don't understand why Pitt would be so intent on playing PSU and losing 2 out of three times (being kind.)
To be relevant I suggest;
Win 9 games
better yet win 10 games
Win the Coastal
better yet win the ACC
Get a New Year's 6 bowl bid
better yet win a New Year's 6 bowl.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Well, we just scheduled WVU, VT and Auburn. All three Top-15 teams. So don't say bupkis to me about scheduling challenging opponents.

I think they will be a little better, but it ain't too much of a stretch to see Pitt at 3-9 this year, which is dog doo.

There was nothing better than the "befuddled" look he would get on his face at times on the sideline. Love Wanny.
I know what you are talking about, and if I could post a picture of it, I would.
Wanny’s expression would put me in mind of “ Who sh_t in my Easter basket ? “.

Pitt is begging for this game keep happening for them because it is all they have. Penn State doesn’t need it.

Reactions: 3_Degrees
Ultimately irrelevant because the B1G does the 9-game conference schedule. If the B1G ever goes to 8 games, and Pitt can bring back their program to be actually consistently good as oppose to what it has been for years, then I would be in on them playing every year.

Until those 2 happen, not a chance.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
I don't understand why Pitt would be so intent on playing PSU and losing 2 out of three times (being kind.)
Win 9 games
better yet win 10 games
Win the Coastal
better yet win the ACC
You missed the first 2 steps

Fire Narduzzi and staff
Hire a new head coach that not a total stooge who may stay more than 3 years.

They may be able to do the first but they can't seem to do the second. I fully expect them to bring back Johnny Majors for a third try.

Well, we just scheduled WVU, VT and Auburn. All three Top-15 teams. So don't say bupkis to me about scheduling challenging opponents.

I think they will be a little better, but it ain't too much of a stretch to see Pitt at 3-9 this year, which is dog doo.
But, we're afraid to play Pitt, or so I'm told by the Pittsburgh sports media whenever the subject arises.

Yep.

Why they keep that brain-damaged clown on BTN, I will never know (a "tin foil" guy would say it is just to annoy PSU folk).

Unlike some other side show clowns, that idiot doesn't even have any "bless is heart" endearing qualities to accompany his room-temperature IQ.

They checked Wannstedt for CTE and they found nothing, nothing.

Don't want to start a new thread......but I'm pulling for Pitt to beat Tech this weekend. I hope they do well going on in the season. Selfishly, it would be good for PSU.

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Reactions: Uh Clem
I think Wanny's wall may have fallen on him at some point on his way out of town!

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.
My disdain is for the Lair mutants and the coach. I don't have a problem with the young men. Besides, if they finish with a winning record......it will be even more fun to crush them again next year.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
Pitt is begging for this game keep happening for them because it is all they have. Penn State doesn’t need it.
Didn’t McDonough say on the air that many PSU fans bought pitt season tickets because it was the easiest way to get a ticket? Yep, without big draws like State or ND, pitt football is in the red (and likely still is anyways).

I'm convinced that, in order to keep the show interesting, somebody had to pick Pitt. That's the formula now. Wanny was the obvious choice. I'm not sure that he believed Pitt would actually win.

Reactions: marshall23
Win 9 games
better yet win 10 games
Win the Coastal
better yet win the ACC
Umm, maybe money?

My disdain is for the Lair mutants and the coach. I don't have a problem with the young men. Besides, if they finish with a winning record......it will be even more fun to crush them again next year.
I kind of agree with that, sorta. I'm a VT fan and like/respect Clemson. The rest of the ACC, don't like any of them. Nothing but great respect for the University of Pittsburgh and like you I have nothing against the players. Can't stand the Duzzer or the fans. So I guess the best way to make them pay is, lose baby lose. It makes the Liar and the Pittsburgh media homers just that much more entertaining.

Umm, maybe money?
God helps those who help themselves. A NY6 bowl bid is between a 4 and 6 million proposition. They should rebuild their program the old fashioned way....PSU doesn't need to provide the foundation.

Don't want to start a new thread......but I'm pulling for Pitt to beat Tech this weekend. I hope they do well going on in the season. Selfishly, it would be good for PSU.

My former group lead was a Georgia Tech alum/fan. I remember him disparaging our "cheesecloth" all-white road uniforms. The best part was when PSU beat GT soundly in the Kickoff Classic (which gives you an idea how long ago this was). Never heard much from him after that!
So I agree, any time GT loses, that's good. They didn't look too hot last week so you may well get your wish.

Reactions: marshall23
Please help clarify for me.....”Rambling Wreck”.

Is that Wanny or is that Georgia Tech?

Man, I agree with you 1,000,000,000%!!! They could help us a ton!!!!

They could get rid of ND, VTech, UCF, and a lot of other teams we have to worry about. Wouldn't that pi$$ them off!!

And on a related note, I'll be rooting like crazy for Ohio State tonight (TCU/ Big 12) !!!

HAIL TO PITT !!!! : ^ )

They could get rid of ND, VTech, UCF, and a lot of other teams we have to worry about. Wouldn't that pi$$ them off!!

And on a related note, I'll be rooting like crazy for Ohio State tonight (TCU/ Big 12) !!!

I would not mind seeing Pitt win all of their remaining games.....just to be excluded from the CFP because of their crushing loss to PSU!;)

Doubt that team we saw last week can beat much of anything. But I will be rooting for OSU to be undefeated when they come to town in two weeks.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT