ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart Parking

kimlane

Aug 15, 2011
Do they still have parking at the Walmart off Atherton and have shuttle service ?

I don’t know about Walmart but I do know they run one from the airport

Fullington runs a shuttle from Walmart/Sams parking lot on East College.

My son and two daughters took the shuttle from Hill Plaza last week for the Indiana game. They got to Hills around 9:30 and the shuttle got stuck in traffic on University Drive. It took 35 minutes to make it's way to the stadium. Oh, you're going to need $2.20 per person in cash, lion cash, or CATA tokens. They don't take cards on the shuttle but if desired you can go to CATA customer service to use a card.

Reactions: Gitzit
My son and two daughters took the shuttle from Hill Plaza last week for the Indiana game. They got to Hills around 9:30 and the shuttle got stuck in traffic on University Drive. It took 35 minutes to make it's way to the stadium. Oh, you're going to need $2.20 per person in cash, lion cash, or CATA tokens. They don't take cards on the shuttle but if desired you can go to CATA customer service to use a card.
Sad they got stuck in traffic. The times I have taken it, three now, the police had lanes specifically used for the busses (and stadium work, non-pedestrian) traffic in the high congestion areas. maybe there was an accident or something before they had the bus lanes laid out.

I don't think there is shuttle service from there. You could ride a CATA inbound V from walmart North Atherton, but they usually are full by the time they hit Walmart. You could ride the lightly used cata Atherton Street connector. It leaves there on the Mcdonalds side heads straight down Atherton to Burroughs road, past Rec. hall and on to Schlow Library where you could ride a free white loop or get on a downtown shuttle. Probably easiest to get off at Rec. hall and walk over to Patee and ride any bus, but they will only get as close as the computer building as the road is closed anywhere past Bigler on game day.
Personally I park behind Hills and ride the CATA shuttle.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
That happens when they are bringing in the visiting team. They stop traffic for them.

I just checked, there are five campers parked in the Walmart parking lot right now. They look like they've been there since the last game.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT