ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia is such an overrated MBB program.

Official overrated trophy.

ncaa-trophy.png

Reactions: Nashville Lion
Refs step in again for acc. Wow decide game again!

Auburn was stupid to foul. It was the only thing they couldn’t do and I’m sure he was told that in the huddle. That said, the refs let a lot more contact go repeatedly throughout the second half to then call a ticky tack foul with a second to go.

A foul is a foul, no matter what time is left on the clock. And that was definitely a foul, that's not up for debate

Reactions: Jovialgent
The blown call was earlier. UVA kid had the ball hit off his leg and then picked it up and start dribbling again. That’s a double dribble. Refs blew that call and that cost Auburn the game more than the three point attempt.
And a Auburn player walked on a late three pointer.

You mean you hate when refs decide the game in favor of the ACC[/QUOTE

You do have me there. But I also do not like games decided by the refs. Let the kids play the shot was a Hail Mary and they called the foul. Yes it could have gone both ways. Auburn made a 3 pointer with about 2 minutes left and the guy was fouled and the announcer called it but the refs didn’t.

“Virginia stuns Auburn on controversial foul”

Yahoo sports

Again my opinion is refs shouldn’t decide game unless it is cut and dry.
Controversial only because it came when it came -- not because it was not a foul.

The crazy thing is, when the same thing happened in the first round, but NM State ended up missing 2 of the 3 FTs to lose... no one on Auburn called the foul controversial. Manufacturing a controversy when they lose, it looks like.

The game was decided by the Auburn kid who fouled the shooter.

The Ref just did his job and blew the whistle.

If the ref would've done his job on the previous possession and blew his whistle we wouldn't be having this debate.

The blown call was earlier. UVA kid had the ball hit off his leg and then picked it up and start dribbling again. That’s a double dribble. Refs blew that call and that cost Auburn the game more than the three point attempt.
You are right...but I will bet that you and 99% of the people watching the game didn't know that... None of the announcers knew anything about it and even Charles Barkley admitted he didn't know that rule. If Steratore hadn't mentioned it, nobody would be talking about it.

You were so right, and they didn’t mention it until after the game.

Auburn blew it when they had two fouls to give with approx 7 seconds left and they fouled right away in the deep backcourt instead of letting UVA dribble to or into the front court and take a few seconds off the clock.

(Also think Pearl should have taken a timeout during Auburn’s 6 minute drought to start the second half.)

The selfish UVA player that thought he was fouled then immediately committed foul #4 was THISCLOSE to costing UVA the game. He went to the bench up 10 pts, with him sitting that disappeared.

No question that was a foul in the corner, glad the official had the courage to make the call. KUDOS to the UVA player to go 3-3. (Remember the Auburn player had just gone 1-2 after 17 in a row, setting up the crazy last few seconds.)

Obviously missed double dribble.

Contact on the jumper is ignored 99 times out of 100. If it’s a foul in the first minute, it’s a foul in the last minute.

If the situation was reversed, does anyone really think a foul would have have been called on Virginia. No way in hell.

Basically the NCAA wanted the rich white UVA kids from the ACC to get into the final. I don’t like Bruce Pearl and don’t think he should be coaching, but the NCAA is letting him, so be it. Don’t penalize Auburn for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT