ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia is such an overrated MBB program.

This thread aged like a fine parmesan cheese.
OR

tenor.gif

Your thread a few weeks ago was also “gold”, criticizing the Big Ten as being weak this year.

Big Ten ended up behind ACC but I over estimated Big12. Not like Big Ten was amazing but indeed represented well. I posted basically it was kinda off year for Big Ten. Michigan St and Purdue represented well. 4 in Sweet16 is solid no doubt. So Michigan laid an egg and Michigan St could not quite get it done. So when the chips were down in crunch time Big Ten failed to show top end power. Like I said the Big Ten was down a bit. So we have 6 or 7 top 50 type teams but only two or three teams that can really challenge top 10-15 teams consistently. Not sure Big Ten proved to be much better than SEC and I would think most would put ACC clearly ahead of Big Ten.

We good?

Big Ten ended up behind ACC but I over estimated Big12. Not like Big Ten was amazing but indeed represented well. I posted basically it was kinda off year for Big Ten. Michigan St and Purdue represented well. 4 in Sweet16 is solid no doubt. So Michigan laid an egg and Michigan St could not quite get it done. So when the chips were down in crunch time Big Ten failed to show top end power. Like I said the Big Ten was down a bit. So we have 6 or 7 top 50 type teams but only two or three teams that can really challenge top 10-15 teams consistently. Not sure Big Ten proved to be much better than SEC and I would think most would put ACC clearly ahead of Big Ten.

We good?

I can’t remember the result of the Big Ten- ACC challenge, but think it was real close.
I would not argue that the top of the ACC was better than the Big-Ten, nor would the btn crew, I think, but also, the general view appeared to be that the bottom say half of the Big Ten was much better than the acc. Regardless, the big ten is as or more highly rated to other leagues in basketball than in football. Agree or disagree?

Regardless, the big ten is as or more highly rated to other leagues in basketball than in football. Agree or disagree?

Wait. Weren't there three numbers one seeds in the NCAA from ACC?

The ACC has the NCAA champs in FB and BB this year. Hence the ACC would be justifiably right in asserting strength and superiority in those two sports, at least. (neither for nor against ACC, but pointing out the facts]

Wait. Weren't there three numbers one seeds in the NCAA from ACC?

The ACC has the NCAA champs in FB and BB this year. Hence the ACC would be justifiably right in asserting strength and superiority in those two sports, at least. (neither for nor against ACC, but pointing out the facts]
It comes down to how you determine conference strength. If you look at Pomeroy (Sagarin/TRank or any power rating will give you a relatively similar result at this point), the ACC had 3 of the top 7 teams in the country (and 3 #1 seeds in the NCAAs), while the Big Ten's top 3 were 3rd, 6th, and 9th.

Going a bit further down, the ACC put 7 in the NCAA tournament, while the Big Ten put 8 teams in. The ACC ended up going 15-6, with the Big Ten going 13-8.

But at the bottom, the ACC has 5 teams worse than the worst team in the Big Ten (Notre Dame, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Notre Dame were all worse than Illinois).

So, ACC was a bit better at the top, both conferences pretty even in the middle, and the ACC was much weaker at the bottom.

Nate has strong takes in the sports world and is often very wrong. After I-99 was closed last fall with multiple wrecks from a snow squall, Nate told us how great he is driving in the snow. It might just be me, but I'm thinking Nate might need to use some caution the next time it snows.
carnose.jpg

sbB9VZssTH6yXjLcA

Reactions: BBrown
I can’t remember the result of the Big Ten- ACC challenge, but think it was real close.
I would not argue that the top of the ACC was better than the Big-Ten, nor would the btn crew, I think, but also, the general view appeared to be that the bottom say half of the Big Ten was much better than the acc. Regardless, the big ten is as or more highly rated to other leagues in basketball than in football. Agree or disagree?

Fair opinion MF. 7 teams in round of 32 has to speak to depth iMO. BIg Ten first round effort was amazing. Still as a Big Ten guy I’m comfortable giving the ACC the nod this year. 5 in Sweet16 shows the depth. A couple in Elite 8 and a Natty shows quality.

On this good friday let us remember that Jesus being crucified was overrated.

Pilate was overrated.

Barrabass though, that ****er was the real deal.

Nate has strong takes in the sports world and is often very wrong. After I-99 was closed last fall with multiple wrecks from a snow squall, Nate told us how great he is driving in the snow. It might just be me, but I'm thinking Nate might need to use some caution the next time it snows.
carnose.jpg

sbB9VZssTH6yXjLcA

LOL, I remember that thread.

carnose.jpg

sbB9VZssTH6yXjLcA
Of course this was after he guaranteed it wouldn’t snow.

Reactions: BBrown
It comes down to how you determine conference strength. If you look at Pomeroy (Sagarin/TRank or any power rating will give you a relatively similar result at this point), the ACC had 3 of the top 7 teams in the country (and 3 #1 seeds in the NCAAs), while the Big Ten's top 3 were 3rd, 6th, and 9th.

Going a bit further down, the ACC put 7 in the NCAA tournament, while the Big Ten put 8 teams in. The ACC ended up going 15-6, with the Big Ten going 13-8.

But at the bottom, the ACC has 5 teams worse than the worst team in the Big Ten (Notre Dame, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Notre Dame were all worse than Illinois).

So, ACC was a bit better at the top, both conferences pretty even in the middle, and the ACC was much weaker at the bottom.

So the bottom five ACC teams included two ND teams? Damn, the NCAA lets ND do anything they want!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT