ADVERTISEMENT

Verkleeren to PSU

Berge hasn't outgrown 49 yet?
I agree Tim. Not so fast guys...We have Nick Lee and Berge who will both eventually be at 149 and Jarod is npot beating either one of the,,,IMO, He just got pinned in the Pitts classic by the USA guy. I think the match was tied or 1 point before the pin...Not sure what to think about this one....I am more worried about the 197 pound guy we just got last year from New York...I am wondering if we are not getting Beard now....Hummm

Last edited:
The NLWC will soon be considered THE olympic regional training center. Look at how many of these recruits are every bit as good if not better at freestyle than folkstyle. Whittlake, RBY, Teasdale, The Lees, Verk...then throw in the talent already there in Hall, Zain, Bo, Nolf and Taylor among others. I'm starting to think some of these recruits are willing to sacrifice some of their collegiate goals to be a part of what they are building at the NLWC.
The house that Cael is building will be to the international scene what it is already to the college scene. DT-Zain-Nolf-CJ-Bo- and Hall are all looking very strong approaching 2020. And what kid coming up wouldn't want to be a party of that!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I aree Tim. Not so fast guys...We have Nick Lee and Berge who will both eventually be at 149 and Jarod is npot beating either one of the,,,IMO, He just got pinned in the Pitts classic by the USA guy. I think the match was tied or 1 point before the pin...Not sure what to think about this one....I am more worried about the 197 pound guy we just got last year from New York...I am wondering if we are not getting Beard now....Hummm
Gumby doesn't stretch this far.

I agree with Johnstown.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that a lot of these recruits are signing on because of the NLWC and who they get to train every day with and the quality of the academics. They choose to then take their chances that they will find their way into the lineup at some point to attain AA or higher!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
The house that Cael is building will be to the international scene what it is already to the college scene. DT-Zain-Nolf-CJ-Bo- and Hall are all looking very strong approaching 2020. And what kid coming up wouldn't want to be a party of that!
This is exactly right. And if I had some advice for our friends over at HR, I'd tell them to go ahead and give a significant bump up on that $100,000 HWC goal they have a sticky on over there. Kids are now not only thinking about college but what they want to do internationally. Cael knew this and imo made the NLWC a huge part of his plan on building his program. He's a genius...

I aree Tim. Not so fast guys...We have Nick Lee and Berge who will both eventually be at 149 and Jarod is npot beating either one of the,,,IMO, He just got pinned in the Pitts classic by the USA guy. I think the match was tied or 1 point before the pin...Not sure what to think about this one....I am more worried about the 197 pound guy we just got last year from New York...I am wondering if we are not getting Beard now....Hummm
Other than injuries, I really have no idea how in the hell a Penn State wrestling fan could be worried about anything...

What an embarrassment of riches! Welcome aboard, Verk!

Per Jarod on Twitter...

After a very long process I decided to continue my Academic and wrestling career at Penn State University. #WeAre

giphy.gif

What's the chance they all survive the riggers of NCAA wrestling? 50/50 is my guess. They get in and they eat right, train right, survive the college transition and they still have to survive injuries and burnout. Everyone gets half scholarship and if they falter they transfer out (plenty have) or they focus on academics (some have, as well). With Olympic and Athletic RS available, it's a puzzle only Cael and coaches can solve.

Teasdale at 125, 133
Busiello at 133, 141
RBY at 133, 141
NLee at 141, 149
Verkleeren at 149, 157
JLee at 157, 165
Berge at 157, 165
Manville at 165, 174
Wittlake at 184
Beard or Hoffman at 197
Nevills at 285

Johnstown is spot on in that this is just as much to do with the Club as it is to do with the varsity. If you think you're good enough, get in for a year or two and find out.

Iron sharpens iron!

At this point, it's not even fair.

Can we petition the NCAA to run two teams out there? It would help with the season ticket waiting list.

that's not funny! Maybe this is the way to increase attendance at duals. Have two squads with 2 different schedules!

What's the chance they all survive the riggers of NCAA wrestling? 50/50 is my guess. They get in and they eat right, train right, survive the college transition and they still have to survive injuries and burnout. Everyone gets half scholarship and if they falter they transfer out (plenty have) or they focus on academics (some have, as well). With Olympic and Athletic RS available, it's a puzzle only Cael and coaches can solve.

Teasdale at 125, 133
Busiello at 133, 141
RBY at 133, 141
NLee at 141, 149
Verkleeren at 149, 157
JLee at 157, 165
Berge at 157, 165
Manville at 165, 174
Wittlake at 184
Beard or Hoffman at 197
Nevills at 285

Johnstown is spot on in that this is just as much to do with the Club as it is to do with the varsity. If you think you're good enough, get in for a year or two and find out.

Iron sharpens iron!

That looks like an all star team Ian :)

Teasdale at 125, 133
Busiello at 133, 141
RBY at 133, 141
NLee at 141, 149
Verkleeren at 149, 157
JLee at 157, 165
Berge at 157, 165
Manville at 165, 174
Wittlake at 184
Beard or Hoffman at 197
Nevills at 285

Iron sharpens iron!
Will be shocked if Teasdale ever sees 125. He just wrestled 126 lb for states, missed freestyle weigh-in for 55 kg / 121 lb (Ramos and Garrett made 57 kg 125 lb), and has a HS year left to grow before hitting a college S&C program.

The ONLY way I see it is if he goes as a true freshman, to afford Nails a shirt year ... and even that seems improbable given typical growth patterns.

Reactions: royboy
Gavin has no intention of wrestling at 125. Not happening... that's not to say he won't be encouraged to make it. No clue what Caels plan for him is but he would struggle to make that weight.

Last edited:
I'm considering making t-shirts that say "The Dynasty" on the front and "Just. Got. Stronger" vertically on the back. Navy blue shirt, white letters.
Suggestion for the front:
Head shots of the 10 projected 2017-18 starters on front with Keener in the center. The Dynasty underneath.

Reactions: bigbopper1985
Suggestion for the front:
Head shots of the 10 projected 2017-18 starters on front with Keener in the center. The Dynasty underneath.

Sure, but we'll only be able to print those on XXXL shirts, considering that we basically would need so much space with all the studs we have and not knowing who will be the starters.

Guns gets his shirt 25% off since he came up with the slogan.

I think Cael has been a little salty since OSU sent backups to Reno and won the title. So he's assembling a roster so deep that his backups could win nationals.

I really did not see Verk coming here, but happy he did, welcome!

Oh, God. Now we'll have to go through a whole new round of HR slush fund, not good for the sport, they won't all fit in the line-up crap.

Yep, time to go over and watch the implosion.
That and PED use and hoping for another Bubba J type scenario where Cael "screws" another wrestler. This time it's "forcing" Cenzo to go 174 so Hall can go at 165. That's a new one on me

Reactions: Hotshoe
That and PED use and hoping for another Bubba J type scenario where Cael "screws" another wrestler. This time it's "forcing" Cenzo to go 174 so Hall can go at 165. That's a new one on me

the whole mark to 65 thing was talked about by Mark, but I think it was more that they (parents) thought he would have more success at 165 than 174. Now with a NC sitting on the self and Valencia more than likely heading to 184, it leaves BoJo as his main rival for the next season. So maybe this isnt as big of a deal anymore.

Could you imagine the discussion about Cenzo being too short for 174.........thread after thread of him being too short.....the HORROR!!!!!

Sure, but we'll only be able to print those on XXXL shirts, considering that we basically would need so much space with all the studs we have and not knowing who will be the starters.

Guns gets his shirt 25% off since he came up with the slogan.
Perfect, & it'll fit me for a change!! lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT