ADVERTISEMENT

Verkleeren to PSU

JarodVerkleeren‏@verkleeren_j 7m7 minutes ago
After a very long process I decided to continue my Academic and wrestling career at Penn State University. #WeAre
1f981.png

Reactions: jschrantz
The NLWC will soon be considered THE olympic regional training center. Look at how many of these recruits are every bit as good if not better at freestyle than folkstyle. Whittlake, RBY, Teasdale, The Lees, Verk...then throw in the talent already there in Hall, Zain, Bo, Nolf and Taylor among others. I'm starting to think some of these recruits are willing to sacrifice some of their collegiate goals to be a part of what they are building at the NLWC.

Last edited:
It's getting harder and harder to project future lineups with all the talent committing.
We need a lawyerly way for the team to become two teams. For example, maybe the second string guys can register at a sister school, then cross-register for classes back at Penn State, and wrestle under the sister school's banner, etc., etc. ...

Wow, I figured Verk would end up at Minny. Could get crowded at 149/157 after Retherford and Nolf move on.

Congratulations, Jarod! Think you can get your brother Derek to try out for the team?

NLWC is a big piece to the puzzle of how we are doing this with so few scholarships available for these kids. All of these kids have aspirations that go beyond collegiate folkstyle wrestling. NLWC business is boomin!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT