ADVERTISEMENT

Update: PSU has played 10th most difficult schedule in the nation

We just played the weakest schedule we have played during the the Big Ten era.
10th hardest schedule in the country. I've seen another updated one that had us at 30th highest but I thought that was unrealistic because it had 7 of the top 8 hardest schedules as big 12 teams. Seemed incredibly biased, like you.

It must really bother you that PSU is 10-2, #7 or #8 ranking and headed to a NY6 bowl.

Last edited:
Let's be honest with ourselves. We played two teams ranked in today's polls. We got beat significantly by both, one at home. Our most significant wins are against Purdue and Minnesota, neither of which made the top 25. The pollsters are being charitable with us. I would love to go to the Orange Bowl, but....

Reactions: Wallace Breen
Let's be honest with ourselves. We played two teams ranked in today's polls. We got beat significantly by both, one at home. Our most significant wins are against Purdue and Minnesota, neither of which made the top 25. The pollsters are being charitable with us. I would love to go to the Orange Bowl, but....
Truth. We beat a bunch of nobodies as expected based on Franklin's history.

As expected by you?
So you were thinking 10 - 2 all along?

You don't have the decency to admit your mistakes. Failing that, you don't have the sense to stop digging.
Like my late father used to say this clown is more full of you know what than a Christmas Turkey. Maybe if he had any honesty, he could tell us how many of the nobodies he predicted PSU would lose to before the games.

Reactions: royboy and Lion8286
Actually, we were winning against one of those teams until the final eight and half minutes.

It's funny how many posters here like @RCS-PSU70 and @Wallace Breen know nothing about football. There should be a minimal football IQ required to post, but that is not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeaubie21
It's funny how many posters here know nothing about football.
What did they say that wasn't knowledgeable about football other than the pollsters being charitable? We're accurately ranked but every other word was true. We did hang with Ohio State for 51 minutes but lost by double digits at home.

What did they say that wasn't knowledgeable about football other than the pollsters being charitable? We're accurately ranked but every other word was true. We did hang with Ohio State for 51 minutes but lost by double digits at home.

So you 3 dorks know more about football than actual football coaches and writers?? lol

Gimme a break.

So you 3 dorks know more about football than actual football coaches and writers?? lol

Gimme a break.
Wait what? I agree with the rankings--I said that's the one thing they got wrong. We're ranked where we should be. If you're not going to read why reply?

Wallace Breen said:

Better than losing to nobodies like LSU and Clemson.

That wasn't the point. SOS is the topic. PSU got beat soundly by the only two ranked teams it played. I think an interesting stat would be the SOS of teams beat. I suspect PSU wouldn't be very high on that list.
PSU obviously can't control the quality of its opponents. The B1G only has 3 ranked teams and Auburn is terrible. I think it's fair to say that PSU is better than expected, but I think it's also fair to say that the 10 win season is also a reflection of the quality of those 10 teams.

Interesting that Illinois is higher than Purdue in that link but I'm insane for comprehending that Illinois should be ranked higher and it's not just H2H

Using the poll provided by @NedFromYork
We've beat

29 Purdue
38 Minnesota without Morgan
43 Maryland
62 Ohio
65 Auburn
72 Michigan State
90 Indiana
94 Rutgers
113 Central Michigan
121 Northwestern

Average rank of our wins is 72....let's be real here.

Interesting that Illinois is higher than Purdue in that link but I'm insane for comprehending that Illinois should be ranked higher and it's not just H2H
What link are you looking at? Purdue is 37 Illinois is 39. Purdue will be even higher after they play in the CCG. Something they get to do after winning their division and beating Illinois.

What link are you looking at? Purdue is 37 Illinois is 39. Purdue will be even higher after they play in the CCG. Something they get to do after winning their division and beating Illinois.
They were 28/29 on that link--what are you looking at? With Illinois ahead of them.
Purdue will drop when they lose
This isn't complicated. Not sure when reading became tricky

Wallace Breen said:

That wasn't the point. SOS is the topic. PSU got beat soundly by the only two ranked teams it played. I think an interesting stat would be the SOS of teams beat. I suspect PSU wouldn't be very high on that list.
PSU obviously can't control the quality of its opponents. The B1G only has 3 ranked teams and Auburn is terrible. I think it's fair to say that PSU is better than expected, but I think it's also fair to say that the 10 win season is also a reflection of the quality of those 10 teams.
I have that information in front of me. It isn't good. I also have it broken down to a dimension beyond that. Penn State might be better than expected but it is a true statement that we are also a reflection of the quality of the 10 team we beat, and they aren't very good. We won't know how good we are unless we play a comparable P5 team in a bowl game with few players sitting out.

Maryland, Purdue, and/or Minnesota may all be ranked at season's end depending on bowl results and their match-ups. So will the team we beat in the bowl game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT