ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Masshole shamefully deletes fb post. Keith Masser shares story on facebook about Joe Paterno

HOW DARE Mr. Masser do that!!! He shared an opinion piece on his Facebook page!!!!!

(only done about 1,000,000,000 times by Facebook users daily)

It is beyond stupid for him to be commenting on anything of this nature while involved in a lawsuit. Just simply beyond stupid. This could cost the university some serious money, and if he's not careful, himself. Don't think all the interested parties haven't tucked this away for future use, and that includes the NCAA, the Paterno's, and other trustees.

Reactions: Zenophile
As a member of the BOT, no he is not entitled to have a public opinion. This is were you are dead wrong...he has a higher calling; to the university. He can keep his personal opinions to himself. And that's all it is, an opinion

When you're involved in litigation, and he is even if it's in the name of the university, there are no "personal" opinions. This was beyond stupid for him to do, not only for the university, but potentially for himself. Every party, and that includes the NCAA, Paterno's, current trustees, and Spanier have made note of this.

Reactions: Hotshoe
As a side note, it's been a few years since I heard the term 'Masshole'. Props to ChiTown for borrowing the nickname for people from Massachusetts and using it for Masser. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: simons96
Until now, people could argue that this was yesterday's news.
But, Keith Masser just made it today's news. Why?
KEITH JUST DELETED THE STORY FROM HIS FACEBOOK PAGE.
Why today, Keith? Three months after the fact, why would you delete the story today?

Actually, it's not all that hard to understand, especially if you have a few additional details.

Not a day goes by that this board is not checked by or for the power bloc. I don't know who monitors it for them, but I know for a fact that it has been checked for quite some time (2 years for sure, and probably more).

Masser's linking the article from June was a non-event until you posted about it on this board earlier today, ChiTown. Several hours later, the link was deleted from Masser's FB page. I'll leave it to all of you to draw your own conclusions, but this is about as complicated as 2+2=4.

Actually, it's not all that hard to understand, especially if you have a few additional details.

Not a day goes by that this board is not checked by or for the power bloc. I don't know who monitors it for them, but I know for a fact that it has been checked for quite some time (2 years for sure, and probably more).

Masser's linking the article from June was a non-event until you posted about it on this board earlier today, ChiTown. Several hours later, the link was deleted from Masser's FB page. I'll leave it to all of you to draw your own conclusions, but this is about as complicated as 2+2=4.

Well that explains the sudden timing of Barron's bake sale idea.

Oh, and LionJim asked me to pass along his thanks for not using multiplication.

Did you know that the term "Masshole" was actually added to The Oxford English Dictionary...

Masshole, n. A term of contempt for: a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts.

One might nominate yours truly as a perfect example of this designation... at least in youth.

Reactions: simons96
This was buyond stupid by Masser. Anyone in a position of authority or leadership knows full well they must conduct themselves accordingly. This is particularly true when seeking donations for the betterment of the university. Wealth does not ensure one's intelligence, quite the opposite sometimes, it brings out their stupidity. In all reality, the board should remove him from his chair, unfortunately, he is the hand picked of the minions.

Your a SCUMBAG masser, there is a b t somewhere with your name on it

Why are Curly, Schultz and Spanier not in jail yet if the above "hypothetical" has any validity?
------
Because they can't be put on trial. If a trial for them ever comes about, the truth just might slip out. We will find out who 'Coach' was in that one email. We will find out who they notified like TSM officials who did nothing. We will find out who else was notified. We will find out what Baldwin told them as to representation. Whole lotta stuff for the world to learn.

Just can't have all that truth coming out.........

Since day one, I have posted that Joe Paterno has integrity and would never back away from any confrontation no matter the consequences. The majority here said that Joe made few mistakes, but this was a doozy.

About two years ago, I started posting that there was no evidence that Jerry raped anyone and that Joe did the right thing in not spreading around rumors. I pointed out many facts why PSU should demand a new trial for Jerry and the least it would do is clear Joe's name. The majority said that Jerry was guilty for sure. This was well known at PSU that Jerry was raping kids for 40 years.

What is with you posters? You can't have it both ways. Many of you knew Joe. Therefore the facts have to be that Joe knew in 1998 that Jerry was showering with boys and did not do anything to damage the football team. In 2001, Joe knew that Jerry was sexually fondling kids in the showers. Joe knew that Jerry was grooming them not to help under privileged kids, but because no one would care.

As soon as Joe knew Jerry was raping kids he should have called police and called a press conference, because he knew no one else in State College would do it for fear of repercussions to the football team and the money they personally make from it.

I posted many times that Joe was the greatest football coach ever for what he did for the kids on and off the field, BUT for anyone to win even one game and allow a kid to be raped repeatedly, then Joe should be stripped of all his wins and we should all spit on his grave. He is a living disgrace and as soon as the attorney's allow the C/S/S trial, then they will be joining Jerry.

Proof. All I ask for is your proof about JVP and C/S/S.

Referring to your earlier post(s) about information you are not yet able to reveal? Sounds as though we may be be getting close. Like it.

Penn State Board of Trustees chairman Keith Masser shared a story on facebook about former Penn State coach Joe Paterno.

Shared on June 22.

Joe Paterno had two legacies, and his followers need to accept it
http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20150622/SPORTS/150629966
By Lee Hudnell, lhudnell@dailylocal.com, @LeeHudnell on Twitter | 06/22/15

It was announced this past week that legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno will be inducted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame in October.

The honor is certainly well-deserved.

The late Nittany Lions mentor is a football icon, who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of college football coaches alongside Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes and Eddie Robinson. Actually, he may be the greatest of them all when you factor in his longevity of success and his impact on a single university and state.

In 46 seasons at Penn State, Paterno won 75 percent of the games he coached, including two national championships. He won more games than any coach in Div. I history (409), and it wasn’t because he simply accumulated more years than the other greats. In nearly half a century roaming the sideline in Happy Valley, Paterno posted just five losing campaigns. His teams won at least 10 games in a season 21 times, including 14 with 11 wins or more — both all-time records.

Also, no coach or player has ever been more recognizable with a program or university than Paterno. He wasn’t just a coach for Penn State football, he was Penn State football. Hell, he was a football institution in the state of Pennsylvania, not just State College. Growing up as a kid in Ohio, if you would’ve asked me to name five things about football in the Commonwealth I would’ve replied, “Paterno, Paterno, Paterno, Randall Cunningham and Paterno.”

There is no denying the incredible gridiron legacy of the man they called “Joe Pa,” and his followers have certainly been celebrating it over the past few days — as they should.

However, where his followers and I go separate ways is when the discussion of his other legacy takes place — his role in the child sex abuse scandal involving former assistant Jerry Sandusky.

I recall watching hordes of Penn State students rallying around Paterno that night in November 2011 after the board of trustees dismissed him as head coach. I remember wondering how Sandusky’s rape victims and their families must have been feeling at that very moment.

I certainly cannot speak for any of the victims, but the emotions going through my mind and body were ones of anger and disgust.

Every time I heard a chant of “JOE PA-TER-NO!” it made me sick to my stomach. Every time the students belted cheers of “WE ARE (clap, clap) PENN STATE,” I became enraged.

The protests by the students — which most on hand probably thought were noble and supportive — displayed just how little perspective they possessed when it came to reality. I’m betting most of those protesting students didn’t have children of their own or were ever sexually abused growing up.

There shouldn’t have been one tear shed or one chant cheered for Paterno that night. His ousting was completely justified. It wasn’t a rash decision. It was the only decision.

I also recall a reporter during the press conference that same night — to announce the coach’s firing — who asked the vice president of the board, John Surma Jr., to explain why the trustees couldn’t allow Paterno to leave with some dignity?

Wow, really?

Where is the “dignity” for those young boys who were raped, molested and sodomized by Paterno’s assistant? Where was the rally for Sandusky’s prey? They were the real victims — not Paterno, not the university and certainly not the protesting students.

Nearly four years later, those sentiments are still ringing the same in State College. They just can’t accept the fact that their beloved figurehead dropped the ball on these disgusting acts.

They continue to blame the media for “unfairly attacking Paterno.” They continue pointing fingers at everyone involved from former Penn State President Graham Spanier to former AD Tim Curley to former assistant Mike McQueary and everyone in between — except, of course, Paterno.

It’s as if turning your back to protect a legacy is protocol at the Commonwealth’s most notable collegiate football institution.

Just this past week in an interview with the Huffington Post, Paterno’s son, Jay Paterno, exemplified that very culture of deniability.

“I think what happened — thoughtful people who have paid attention — are looking and saying ‘Wait a minute. There was a rush to judgement. There was an inaccurate rush to judgement,’” Jay Paterno said. “Joe Paterno was a guy who reported an allegation that was brought to him and that was the extent of his involvement. He followed the law. He did more than the law even required.”

That’s the problem, simply reporting the allegation was, in fact, the extent of his involvement. And to say he did “more than the law even required” is certainly debatable and borderline laughable.

What isn’t up for debate, though, is the fact that Paterno had the power, the responsibility, and an obligation to put an end to this madness, and he ignored it. For years.

He wanted nothing to do with it because there wasn’t any way he could spin it that would prevent his legacy from at least being dinged. And as we all know, Paterno’s legacy was everything to him and not even young boys getting raped was going to make him put that in danger.

We can make excuses all we want. We can say that the report by Louis Freeh was rushed and based solely on circumstantial evidence. But Paterno knew of Sandusky’s heinous acts for at least a decade and did nothing of significance to stop it.

Sure, Paterno reported — or more like confided with a few of his colleagues — about what had happened, but how could he have not followed up on it? How can you report something as ghastly as sexual abuse of young boys and not see to it that the perpetrator suffers great consequences? Better yet, how do you allow a monster who you know has been accused of sexual activity with young boys on more than one occasion continue to have an office in your facility?

The only conceivable reason I can think of for this blatant inaction is that he was trying to protect something. In this case it wasn’t Sandusky he was protecting, it was himself — it was his precious legacy.

Again, I don’t believe Paterno’s coaching prowess should be in question. He was one of the greatest of all time, in any sport. We cannot deny his legendary status on the gridiron.

He is most definitely a hall of famer.

But we can’t deny that he made a terrible mistake not putting an end to Sandusky’s terror when he had the chance.

I believe that Paterno was a good man, who made a terribly selfish decision.

Unfortunately it’s a part of his legacy now. Not all of it, but definitely a part of it.

And his followers need to finally accept that fact and quit turning their back on this issue like Paterno did for so many years.

Folks, nobody will ever give a damn about Keith Masser after he dies (which will likely be soon). He farms frickin potatoes for God's sake. Same goes for Surma, Baldwin, Ganim, Freeh, Emmert etc. Will your grand kids know or care who any of them are? Even if Joe has to wear this unwarranted stain on his shirt he's still Joe ****in' Paterno. He's still the legend. Joe wins & they'll all fade into obscurity.

I'm glad the power bloc checks this board. My goal, every single day, is to piss them off to the maximum extent I can. So Karen, Cindy B, Uncle Kenny, Potato Head, Johnny, Rodney, Red Barron and the rest of you - BITE ME. And that goes for your spies, too.

Last edited:
I'm glad the power bloc checks this board. My goal, every single day, is to piss them off to the maximum extent I can. So Karen, Cindy B, Uncle Kenny, Potato Head, Johnny, Rodney, Red Barron and the rest of you - BITE ME.

of course they troll the board, they need to verify that CR66, michnit, and CDW are actually earning their paychecks.

--------
So someone that monitors the site saw the post and called Masser to tell him to delete the post. Can only imagine how that went......"What the he!! are you doing?" Maybe the puppet masters will realize how dumb the puppet is.

Key trustees were the participants in any PSU Cover up. The facts will show that CB was hired as GC to sandbag the JS investigation. This was not done to protect JVP. Do the math.

Can we give THIS 1000 likes.

They hire Baldwin to sandbag the investigation and deflect it off of the BoT's shady business dealings with TSM. Then Baldwin - in an attempt to avoid prosecution from the OAG for obstruction, helps concoct a story to pin this "obstruction" on Schultz and Curley - and then agrees to testify against Spanier as a favor to the OAG who was out to get Spanier from the get go.

In other words, somebody with an actual brain at Penn State told Keith that it might not be a good idea to be viewed as having some kind of an "agenda" when the Paternos are waging a fairly effective legal war against you, arguing that they need to see the Freeh materials to show that the BoT had an agenda when hiring Freeh.

So Keith is out there saying "we had no agenda when we hired Louis Freeh" except that he's out there gleefully sharing stories that slam Paterno. The guy is just TOO dumb not to be out there with a loaded gun aimed downwards.

In other words, somebody with an actual brain at Penn State told Keith that it might not be a good idea to be viewed as having some kind of an "agenda" when the Paternos are waging a fairly effective legal war against you, arguing that they need to see the Freeh materials to show that the BoT had an agenda when hiring Freeh.

So Keith is out there saying "we had no agenda when we hired Louis Freeh" except that he's out there gleefully sharing stories that slam Paterno. The guy is just TOO dumb not to be out there with a loaded gun aimed downwards.
------

Well, now. If its someone with a brain that monitors this site than it is obviously an outside contractor not an OG BoT member.

Q: When zombies attacked Penn State, why didn't they bother Keith Masser and his friends?
Hint: What do zombies eat?

Q: When Willie Bacteria, an advertising character for septic tank biologicals, was turned into a zombie, why did he go after Masser, Peetz, Surma, Frazier, and Erickson?

Hint: What do zombies eat?
Hint: What does Willie Bacteria eat?
https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=2pMNAAAAIBAJ&pg=3079,6249760&hl=en

Keith Masser will end up in deep legal trouble. Bank on it.

The bot sure better hope when the Freeh files are reviewed that the files back up his report air tight, or it could get very ugly for them. There's simply too much money involved for decisions that were made based on deliberate deceptions.

Reactions: jjsocrates
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT