ADVERTISEMENT

U20’s August 14th-20th

Mitchell is the man. I hope we see him this year. I really, really hope we see him this year.

One problem with an Oly RS whether it be Levi, Mitch or Alex, I don't believe they can wrestle attached at all, and should focus on free. Levi could go 5 matches, but it doesn't make much sense to burn a regular RS when you have an Oly available.

With NIl and the Portal, we have such an opportunity this year. We may not see this much talent at one time again. It's the first time we can talk about 10 AA's with health being the biggest threat to achieving that milestone.

This year is going to be very special, and crazy entertaining. It certainly has the potential for the most amazing year of Cael's tenure.

Equally amazing is the quality of the kids we pull into the program. All of the new kids are salt of the earth and laser focused on becoming the best. When the closest thing we have to a bad boy is Carter Starroci, a 3xer, we are blessed indeed.

What a great interview. He talks a bunch about his pace and gives tons of credit to Penn State. What a truly special young man
Striking how comfortable he is in front of the camera being interviewed. Great kid.

Freestyle success always doesn't translate to folk success but he spent this entire tournament shooting the same shots he'll be shooting in Rec Hall. Bodes well.

Mitchell is the man. I hope we see him this year. I really, really hope we see him this year.

One problem with an Oly RS whether it be Levi, Mitch or Alex, I don't believe they can wrestle attached at all, and should focus on free. Levi could go 5 matches, but it doesn't make much sense to burn a regular RS when you have an Oly available.

With NIl and the Portal, we have such an opportunity this year. We may not see this much talent at one time again. It's the first time we can talk about 10 AA's with health being the biggest threat to achieving that milestone.

This year is going to be very special, and crazy entertaining. It certainly has the potential for the most amazing year of Cael's tenure.

Equally amazing is the quality of the kids we pull into the program. All of the new kids are salt of the earth and laser focused on becoming the best. When the closest thing we have to a bad boy is Carter Starroci, a 3xer, we are blessed indeed.
I thought the “5 match redshirt rule“ was only for first year guys?

Reactions: hlstone
Striking how comfortable he is in front of the camera being interviewed. Great kid.

Freestyle success always doesn't translate to folk success but he spent this entire tournament shooting the same shots he'll be shooting in Rec Hall. Bodes well.
And I think Askren is similar to Cael in that if he says someone is good, you probably should take notice. He’s not particularly into bullshitting.

Reactions: mcpat
True, however I really don't know anyone who will not avoid being humiliated, Russian or otherwise. I am fairly certain you can feel shame and not really be humiliated. Shame generally comes from within whereas humiliation comes fron what others think. No?
Well then yeah, there are some shameless MFers in charge over there.

Reactions: Ski
Hah! I remember once in my college years where we dared a friend to drink about 1/2 bottle of wine before the finals in an off season tournament. (I think it was in York too!) He took us up on it and then went out a beat a pretty decent guy in the finals. He never took us up on another dare like that again. 😁
That is about 2 drinks.

Reactions: danoftw

Every time I start thinking things can’t possibly get any better with our wrestling team, they do.

MM is just the latest example of someone who wants to become the best version of himself. He loves to wrestle, and is filled with gratitude for the opportunities he has. And he is transparent and genuine in his interviews. What a joy it will be to watch this team continue to develop.

I just bought a new hat today. It has the word grateful on the front. Since that seems to be the mantra for Cael and company, I decided I would adopt it as well. I’ll be wearing it next Friday at the NLWC golf outing. If you see me at the RTC wrestling practice on Thursday, the social at Toftrees that evening, or on the golf course, please introduce yourself. I feel like I know many of you already.

-Grateful

I don’t think any of us are making at least 2 and probably 3 of those weights.

white-claw-70.jpg

For the board members cutting weight. White Claw “Light”

As much as we are gushing about MM, I just don't see him beating Levi in Folk if they are both wrestling comfortably at 157. And Levi is winning 157 this year, of that I have little doubt. I can't say the same about MM.

If you want to RS Levi this year and send him out at 165 to win the next 3 (assuming O'Toole goes to 74 once Carter leaves) then go for it. Otherwise the best guys call their shots and the others work it out - didn't Cael say something like that? - and I'm guessing Levi wants to get his first title this year.

We have a 76.5 pt lead in Returning Points.

4 board members could wrestle 157, 165, 174, and 197 drunk (or get DQ for missing weight) -- and we'd still have an 11-pt margin.
I can make the 197 drunk weight class but 174 is 20 years past.

Mesenbrink is the only guy who teched his way through by the way. Masoumi was close but his first match he won 9-1. Not sure they give an OW but MM has to be it

Jones will be second up on Mat A for her repechage match and Mir will be three matches out on Mat C for her repechage match.

Reactions: zzs006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT