ADVERTISEMENT

Trautwein, Trautwein, Trautwein...

PaJules

Nov 28, 2013
It makes me wonder what potential all of the ACC 1st and 2nd team OL he coached had. Must have all had Orlando Brown capabilities. Makes me miss Limegrover.

Reactions: JDale83 and TheGLOV
It makes me wonder what potential all of the ACC 1st and 2nd team OL he coached had. Must have all had Orlando Brown capabilities. Makes me miss Limegrover.

I always try to look at the whole picture of a coach. Yes, Trautwein did coach a bunch of all-ACC OL at BC. But he inherited most of them from Justin Frye, who left to become the OL coach (now OC/OL) at UCLA. Additionally, Trautwein was working for Steve Addazio, a very good OL coach in his own right.

I always try to look at the whole picture of a coach. Yes, Trautwein did coach a bunch of all-ACC OL at BC. But he inherited most of them from Justin Frye, who left to become the OL coach (now OC/OL) at UCLA. Additionally, Trautwein was working for Steve Addazio, a very good OL coach in his own right.
So they were not "his guys" in the first place. Got it. Now please inform the Franklin Apologist Committee headed up by this board of that

Reactions: TheGLOV
I’d like to know what was wrong with limegrover
Run game seemed good under him, lawnboys etc

Fired after we ran for like four hundred yards against Memphis

We have some highly recruited players sitting on the bench while our interior OL gets manhandled by everybody.
What does that tell us ?

I’d like to know what was wrong with limegrover
Run game seemed good under him, lawnboys etc

Fired after we ran for like four hundred yards against Memphis
Always wondered about that too. Didn’t think he was a real good recruiter but better than Herb Hand as a coach. seemed like a pretty decent coach.

So they were not "his guys" in the first place. Got it. Now please inform the Franklin Apologist Committee headed up by this board of that

Pretty sure that the only guy not coached by Frye was Vrabel Jr, who did earn some honors as a first year starter.

Another thing was that Daz didn't take Trautwein with him to Colorado State. That said, he made his son OL coach, so there could have been some nepotism involved.

F...ing A! that is why I started the thread. Trautwein resume was "juiced" and JimmyF didn't know!

We have some highly recruited players sitting on the bench while our interior OL gets manhandled by everybody.
What does that tell us ?
We have one highly recruited OL on the bench, not several. That’s part of the problem. We get very few top 10 OLineman

F...ing A! that is why I started the thread. Trautwein resume was "juiced" and JimmyF didn't know!
CJF has more than a little "flavor of the month" disposition in him. Someone else suggested it with regard to the hiring of Ciarrocca. I was stupefied when he was hired having watched his offenses during the Tom Savage/Chas Dodd years at Rutgers.

I always do some digging when an AC is hired. First rule is don't believe believe the school generated background; they're all fluff. But the truth is you don't know unless you're on the ground and I'm not, so...........

Reactions: step.eng69
I think I've figured out our offensive line woes. There's a saboteur working the training table, putting salt peter in their food.

it's Franklin.....Franklin...Franklin......

We have one highly recruited OL on the bench, not several. That’s part of the problem. We get very few top
The following are 4 stars : 2021 - Tengwall, 2020 - Christ, Fashanu, Achumba 2019 - Whigan ( has played some ).
There are three stars that had good offers like Dawkins and Traore.
I don’t believe for one minute PSU would have swapped OL recruits with Illinois during that time.

The following are 4 stars : 2021 - Tengwall, 2020 - Christ, Fashanu, Achumba 2019 - Whigan ( has played some ).
There are three stars that had good offers like Dawkins and Traore.
I don’t believe for one minute PSU would have swapped OL recruits with Illinois during that time.
Christ, Fashnau, and Achumba all 3* on the composite and not in the top 375 players. I guess we have different definitions of highly recruited. Whigam was always a wildcard

Christ, Fashnau, and Achumba all 3* on the composite and not in the top 375 players. I guess we have different definitions of highly recruited. Whigam was always a wildcard
I got their ranking off this site.
I am willing to bet that Illinois did not have higher rated OL recruits over the same period..

I got their ranking off this site.
I am willing to bet that Illinois did not have higher rated OL recruits over the same period..
Point is they are not good enough to play yet. Illinois isn’t playing their young OLineman either. Our OL has serious issues but I don’t believe the answer is on the bench Outside maybe Tengwall

And why are they not good enough to play ?
Our OL has been inferior to every team we’ve played against this season outside of maybe Ball State. It’s not like the guys on the field are tearing it up.

Bingo - mr RPO mr explosive plays. Mr. athletes in space. eff him
No question. Who ever the coaches are, the offense all looks the same. A hollywood offensive scheme to go along with the flashing lights,prima donna players and smoke machines. Today we ran out of dry ice. I am dissapointed.

Reactions: ram2020
Juiced?? WTF? Was it the 2 yrs at Davidson that juiced it??
his other 2 yrs were at BC with many on here panting over all ACC selections
All this or that means nothing relative to how well they are coached

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT