ADVERTISEMENT

Rip the Band Aid Off now? Or later?

Parkerdam555

Jul 2, 2022
Dabo did this with Lawrence. I think personally I have seen enough. Only 2 games and yes I still believe in Cliff...BUT at this point I think what you have is a 2 qb system and that's just fine with me. No, I'm not calling for Allar to take over, but I think you do a 1st and 3rd quarter and a 2nd and 4th quarter alternative qb setup....this kid is special. It's plain to see.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Dabo did this with Lawrence. I think personally I have seen enough. Only 2 games and yes I still believe in Cliff...BUT at this point I think what you have is a 2 qb system and that's just fine with me. No, I'm not calling for Allar to take over, but I think you do a 1st and 3rd quarter and a 2nd and 4th quarter alternative qb setup....this kid is special. It's plain to see.
You don't rotate QBs. You ride with Clifford or go to Allar. And regardless he just can't hesitate to bench either for the other

Clifford is our Quarterback for now but the talent and confidence Allar has is obvious his time is coming and who knows it could be sooner than later

Reactions: royboy and bison13
Here is my prediction. PSU will lose 2 games before Franklin goes with Allar. Then Allar will shine an Franklin will look like an ass again for mismanagement.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
Remember I think it was 97 or 98, Paterno had Kevin Thompson play the first half and Rashard Casey the second half of games,

Here is my prediction. PSU will lose 2 games before Franklin goes with Allar. Then Allar will shine an Franklin will look like an ass again for mismanagement.
I get that Clifford can be exasperating but the fact is PSU doesn’t beat Purdue without him. I also am high on Allar too but there’s a big difference between looking good as a backup and the starter. But I’m sure all the haters on here appreciated your Franklin cheap shot.

I get that Clifford can be exasperating but the fact is PSU doesn’t beat Purdue without him. I also am high on Allar too but there’s a big difference between looking good as a backup and the starter. But I’m sure all the haters on here appreciated your Franklin cheap shot.
Are you sure we don't win that without Clifford? Clifford's pick six is the reason we even had to come from behind. I thought Clifford played well even early (tons of drops) but I'm not convinced Allar can't win that game

Reactions: bdgan
And coming into the game in the third quarter with a 26-7 lead against a MAC school at home.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Actually it wasn't a shot at Franklin. Right now, Franklin is playing Allar every game.

I'll wait and see what that football expert who posts here says. Although he hasn't been around lately

Clifford looked just fine today, his accuracy was pretty damn good. That narrow window TD throw he made late was beautiful. Allar's time will come but throwing him to the wolves on the road at Auburn ain't it
Fwiw, Auburn ain't looking anything like wolves against San Jose St..

Franklin is handling this masterfully. Clifford needs to remain the starter awhile longer. I don’t trust our OL to keep Allar upright. I’d hate to see him take a beating. Not so sure our OL is up to the level they need to be. Remember the beating Hack took few years back. It broke him mentally. Allar also needs some more game time experience too. But this kid is going to be special. Looking for a big uptick in recruiting over next year.

I will say one thing about Allar. He has the “it” factor. He has a gift of making people around him play better. You can see it in TE’s and WR’s.

Clifford has been in more high pressure situations against top teams. He has to be PSU's starting QB. But if Clifford struggles I think Franklin should give Allar a shot.

Franklin is handling this masterfully. Clifford needs to remain the starter awhile longer. I don’t trust our OL to keep Allar upright. I’d hate to see him take a beating. Not so sure our OL is up to the level they need to be. Remember the beating Hack took few years back. It broke him mentally. Allar also needs some more game time experience too. But this kid is going to be special. Looking for a big uptick in recruiting over next year.

I will say one thing about Allar. He has the “it” factor. He has a gift of making people around him play better. You can see it in TE’s and WR’s.
Really smart point...all these people clamoring for Allar to start is ridiculous at this point. Let's start him at Auburn with that defense in a high pressure atmosphere behind this OL that gave up five sacks to Ohio and still can't get a consistent ground game going. Save those three big runs, PSU avg 2 ypc. In due time, Allar will start either to Cliff graduating, getting injured or struggling...but as of right now, Cliff should be the starter.

I'm not a Clifford basher. But i don't think Clifford did anything special against Purdue to make me think this is true.

Ldn

Reactions: bdgan
I'm not a Clifford basher. But i don't think Clifford did anything special against Purdue to make me think this is true.

Ldn
yeah just about anybody could start on the road against a team picked to contend for the B1G West title and poop out five touchdowns

pfft, that's nothin'

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
Franklin is handling this masterfully. Clifford needs to remain the starter awhile longer. I don’t trust our OL to keep Allar upright. I’d hate to see him take a beating.

I've been a big critic of Franklin's (lack of) playing backup QBs in the past but it's really hard to argue with how it has been played so far this year. Allar has gotten some significant and meaningful time which will pay off down the road but I can't see the argument for actually starting him next week.

The good thing is that Franklin should feel comfortable with pulling Clifford if he doesn't have "it" in a game and feel confident that Allar will be competent.

Reactions: bison13
I've been a big critic of Franklin's (lack of) playing backup QBs in the past but it's really hard to argue with how it has been played so far this year. Allar has gotten some significant and meaningful time which will pay off down the road but I can't see the argument for actually starting him next week.

The good thing is that Franklin should feel comfortable with pulling Clifford if he doesn't have "it" in a game and feel confident that Allar will be competent.
Clifford has a flair for the dramatic and is a warrior. Has struggled in several games yet come through late. And CJF loves the kid. He will start as long as he can walk.

At some point this season, Allar will be the QB. Too talented to sit him.

ADVERTISEMENT