ADVERTISEMENT

Trace McSorely

This wasn't a shot at McSorley, but it seems like many Penn State fans were saying dumb stuff like bench Kyler for him. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

This wasn't a shot at McSorley, but it seems like many Penn State fans were saying dumb stuff like bench Kyler for him. Which is absolutely ridiculous.
Where in the world did you see this? Certainly not in this thread. I fear where you may be lurking to find quotes saying McSorley is better than Murray.

Reactions: bison13
Where has that been said, it wasn't in this thread. What this signing most likely means is Murray is going to be out longer than they thought.

Reactions: bison13
That’s funny. Because it’s reads EXACTLY like a shot at McSorely…LOL

Good for this kid, still making NFL paychecks when almost nobody thought he’d stick. And proving haters wrong since 2016

That’s funny. Because it’s reads EXACTLY like a shot at McSorely…LOL

Good for this kid, still making NFL paychecks when almost nobody thought he’d stick. And proving haters wrong since 2016
I think you can point out Trace's weaknesses without being a hater.

Kid is special. He did a ton on the field for PSU. he had a generational RB and good WRs/TEs around him. He's a great leader and field general.

However, he lacks the physical tools to excel a the NFL level. In the NFL, you've got to have a strong arm to make several required plays. The one I always read about is that scouts line a QB up, put the ball on one of the hash marks, then have him run a ten-yard out to the long side of the field. They run ten of those. Then they do it from the other hash. This is a staple 3rd and long play and requires that the ball be in the air for 20 to 30 yards while the CB has the opportunity to jump the route for a pick-six. If you can't make that throw, your NFL career as a starter is DOA.

Lots of journeyman QBs hand on who can't make that throw. Case Keenum and Colt McCoy come to mind. At the same time, both of those guys are making millions a year holding clipboards and charting plays.

I think you can point out Trace's weaknesses without being a hater.

Kid is special. He did a ton on the field for PSU. he had a generational RB and good WRs/TEs around him. He's a great leader and field general.

However, he lacks the physical tools to excel a the NFL level. In the NFL, you've got to have a strong arm to make several required plays. The one I always read about is that scouts line a QB up, put the ball on one of the hash marks, then have him run a ten-yard out to the long side of the field. They run ten of those. Then they do it from the other hash. This is a staple 3rd and long play and requires that the ball be in the air for 20 to 30 yards while the CB has the opportunity to jump the route for a pick-six. If you can't make that throw, your NFL career as a starter is DOA.

Lots of journeyman QBs hand on who can't make that throw. Case Keenum and Colt McCoy come to mind. At the same time, both of those guys are making millions a year holding clipboards and charting plays.
Yes, he’s no Peyton Manning and nobody needs to “lol” at any QB sitting at #3 on an NFL depth chart.

None of those players you named are going to be In the HOF but I’d take a Case Keenum (who destroyed our defense in the 2011 season Ticket City Bowl), a Colt McCoy, or a Trace McSorely as a starting Penn State qb every season. Colt McCoy was a golden child out of high school, but Trace was fighting an uphill battle to even play D1 qb, and now he’s still on an NFL 53, as a Penn State grad, that is to be commended and celebrated by the fanbase. Definitely not mocked.

I would hazard a guess that the salary of an NFL 3rd string QB is higher than that of most, if not all, of the posters on this board. Good for Trace for living his dream and making a comfortable living doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT