ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Bradley's D

Seriously dude...this is what you post?
Missing 5 starters, three that should be drafted in the first two rounds of next years draft. Loses the best LB in the country last week to a knee. Then loses another starting DB to a bacteria infection on Tuesday and he plays in the PAC 10. Why not focus on the current PSU defense and the Army game.
Stupid post

Seriously dude...this is what you post?
Missing 5 starters, three that should be drafted in the first two rounds of next years draft. Loses the best LB in the country last week to a knee. Then loses another starting DB to a bacteria infection on Tuesday and he plays in the PAC 10. Why not focus on the current PSU defense and the Army game.
Stupid post

What was the excuse the week before when Zona scored 30+ points and had over 500 yards? Or the week before.

I love Tom, but he is in a all offense league. Big Ten was a defense first league.

What was the excuse the week before when Zona scored 30+ points and had over 500 yards? Or the week before.

I love Tom, but he is in a all offense league. Big Ten was a defense first league.
You do realize Bradley's team won that game by 26 points vs a team that was ranked at the time? That the game was a fast paced shootout, not uncommon in most of the Power 5 conferences not named B1G?

Trying to sort out the reasoning OP had for this thread.....

Is it to "ah HAH!" those who were upset he was not retained as HC?
Or is it misguided anger due to him not being here?

Or just normal BWI crap post?

You do realize Bradley's team won that game by 26 points vs a team that was ranked at the time? That the game was a fast paced shootout, not uncommon in most of the Power 5 conferences not named B1G?

Most of the Pac 12 games are fast paced shootouts. His D is struggling. They have been getting shredded for points and a ton of yards.

There was always speculation that the true brains behind Penn States defensive resurgence during the Bradley years was Ron Vanderlinden.

Vanderlinden knows enough to have published a book, not many coaches can claim that. I grew up with Tom Bradley in Johnstown so I always wish him well

Vandy is a great guy and definitely a good defensive coach ...where is he now? Air Force right?

One early bowl projection (all but worthless, I know) has PSU facing UCLA in a bowl. Imagine what Bradley's D scheme would do to our O Line.
I always wish Bradley well. I think he had a well-earned reputation for being a great recruiter, a good teacher of football, and a great motivator. He learned Defense from Joe and you-know-who and was able to continue what they taught him through a number of decades with very talented players. He'll do the same at UCLA over time. He was very loyal to Joe at the end.
I knew him in college a little bit (he was in the fraternity across the street from mine, where a number of my buddies from HS were) and I was surprised at how smart he turned out to be as he got older and wiser - he matured a lot better than I did! He picked the perfect profession for him, and he has been very successful. What more can a person ask from their life's work?! Kudos to him, and here's to much more success for him down the road.

Reactions: 81b&w
Or imagine what Barkley would do to their swiss cheese run D that is allowing 197 YPG on the ground.

Nate, I don't think you'll get too many friends here attacking Bradley. As pointed out, he's playing with what he inherited. Give him a chance with his recruits in a couple years and post then

Nate, I don't think you'll get too many friends here attacking Bradley. As pointed out, he's playing with what he inherited. Give him a chance with his recruits in a couple years and post then

How am I attacking him, just stating facts. I love Tom, but as someone pointed out RV was no doubt a key to his success here.

Oh my! "...He's playing with what he inherited. Give him a chance with his recruits in a couple of years and post then." I'm glad this approach applies to Tom Bradley but not James Franklin, John Donovan and Herb Hand. I guess I can now disregard the 7,000 posts telling me how bad our coaching is and that it has nothing to do with the players on the field.

Oh my! "...He's playing with what he inherited. Give him a chance with his recruits in a couple of years and post then." I'm glad this approach applies to Tom Bradley but not James Franklin, John Donovan and Herb Hand. I guess I can now disregard the 7,000 posts telling me how bad our coaching is and that it has nothing to do with the players on the field.
Indeed.

Should I bring up there defensive stats last season? They were better then this.

81 was not saying the same consideration should not be given to the PSU coaches. And remember, those 7000 critical posts come from a small number of high repetition whiners.

Should I bring up there defensive stats last season? They were better then this.
I wasn't arguing with your comment about Bradley. In fact, I agree with you. My only point was the hypocrisy of someone saying that Bradley should be given time to get his recruits on the field.

Is Vandy a coordinator at Air Force? With his reputation of running the PSU defense he should be a DC in a power 5 conference.

Vanderlinden knows enough to have published a book, not many coaches can claim that. I grew up with Tom Bradley in Johnstown so I always wish him well
Bradley actually sat next to me for 2 semesters of FRENCH in '74/'75. We'd occasionally walk back to North Halls together after class.

Nate: I'm still convinced that Bradley is the best DC in the Pac 12. Losing probably his best three defensive players (DT Eddie Vanderdoes, CB Fabian Moreau, and LB Miles Jack) put a serious crimp in the talent level of the UCLA defense. Those three guys aren't easily replaced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT