ADVERTISEMENT

time to look at our RB's and maybe some WR's

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
without AL and SB, maybe we also see Thomas and Robinson at RB v Army. I like Allen as a receiver, but not as a RB. Scott has a little more potential as RB. still would be nice to see the other guys.

if our WR's/TE's don't start getting open, I would like to see some other options. we have heard about Johnson, but this would be the time to see if there is potential. how about Farmer, Thompkins and Polk in patterns?

I thought CJF said Johnson was greenlighted to play this year? Does that mean he is able to play only if they need him to? I was under the impression that the 4 freshman that were given the green light would play and not only as a last resort option? I thought with his size he would be a productive wideout for us. Not sure of his speed, but surely he can out jump these guys and go up and grab the ball. Of we can get seperation based on speed let's try it with height. No?

What's our RB situation after these two injuries besides the two we saw today? All i could think was they looked tiny.

Again, Barkley is not out. What angers me, is that this uber secretive staff won't actually tell anyone he's ok. As far as everyone else, who the hell knows?

Get over the fact that the coach does not go into details on injuries. It is not our God given right to know. It's like people think they are entitled as fans to know every aspect of a team.

I thought CJF said Johnson was greenlighted to play this year? Does that mean he is able to play only if they need him to? I was under the impression that the 4 freshman that were given the green light would play and not only as a last resort option? I thought with his size he would be a productive wideout for us. Not sure of his speed, but surely he can out jump these guys and go up and grab the ball. Of we can get seperation based on speed let's try it with height. No?

What's our RB situation after these two injuries besides the two we saw today? All i could think was they looked tiny.
You just cannot run between the tackles with either of them, if they are going to hold Barkley out this week, they can either take the redshirt off of somebody, or run the entire playbook outside the tackle, it's up to them I suppose.

Get over the fact that the coach does not go into details on injuries. It is not our God given right to know. It's like people think they are entitled as fans to know every aspect of a team.
Name one other team in D1 that hides injuries up until 5 minutes before game time.

I'll go ahead and wait....

What benefit is it to the team to give details about injuries? That's all that matters. Just because fans would like to know should not even factor into it.

What benefit is it to the team to give details about injuries? That's all that matters. Just because fans would like to know should not even factor into it.

Because it's professional and it's the way things are done at the top elite level of the game. Alabama doesn't hide injuries, neither does LSU, neither does any of the top tier programs.

I don't like it, and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether it's "my right" or not. It's bush league.

Reactions: Tri-Power65
Again, Barkley is not out. What angers me, is that this uber secretive staff won't actually tell anyone he's ok. As far as everyone else, who the hell knows?

You need to get a freakin grip. What business is it of yours or anyone else's to know the extent of a kid's health? That's why they have these privacy provisions. Injury reports are for gamblers...why else would the NFL require teams to report injuries? If other teams/schools want to reveal their injuries, that's their prerogative. Sure, I'd like to know if Barkley will be able to play next week and if Lynch is done for the year but it's not my right to know as you seem to pontificate poorly here.

You need to get a freakin grip. What business is it of yours or anyone else's to know the extent of a kid's health? That's why they have these privacy provisions. Injury reports are for gamblers...why else would the NFL require teams to report injuries? If other teams/schools want to reveal their injuries, that's their prerogative. Sure, I'd like to know if Barkley will be able to play next week and if Lynch is done for the year but it's not my right to know as you seem to pontificate poorly here.
Thank you Mr. Nelson.

without AL and SB, maybe we also see Thomas and Robinson at RB v Army. I like Allen as a receiver, but not as a RB. Scott has a little more potential as RB. still would be nice to see the other guys.

if our WR's/TE's don't start getting open, I would like to see some other options. we have heard about Johnson, but this would be the time to see if there is potential. how about Farmer, Thompkins and Polk in patterns?
Not sure what has happened since last year...#7 continues to get zero separation and #5 continues to have difficulty catching the ball when its placed in his hands. Thank goodness for Godwin and Blacknall. time to play others at the WR spot as well.

Not sure what has happened since last year...#7 continues to get zero separation and #5 continues to have difficulty catching the ball when its placed in his hands. Thank goodness for Godwin and Blacknall. time to play others at the WR spot as well.

We have Godwin, Blacknall, Thompkins, Polk, Hamilton, Lewis, and Zanelatto (in addition to the TEs and RBs). What makes you think that burning Johnson's RS would make a big difference to our passing game?

OSU doesn't even reveal who started their game at QB once the game is over. They list co-starters at K even though one K has kicked all XPs, FGs, and KOs this season. Alabama listed 5 co-staters at QB in week 1. Lots of colleges play these games.

We have Godwin, Blacknall, Thompkins, Polk, Hamilton, Lewis, and Zanelatto (in addition to the TEs and RBs). What makes you think that burning Johnson's RS would make a big difference to our passing game?

I am not sure why JF would care about any red shirts - he may not even be the coach by the time these players would be a 5th year player. he needs results now (unfortunately) because the recruit community who gave him a pass last year are under the impression that this year is the beginning of the return to glory. if goes backward from last year, I think most of the class will flip. the pressure has already started on several of them.

I think he needs to get the best players on the field period. against Temple I think Barkley was in for a play or two, but no carries. they see the players every week in practice, and somehow they did not realize SB's potential. my guess is if SB had played in Temple, we would have won the game. SB was listed as #4 RB going into Temple = does that sound strange to you???

point is - if there are guys on the team that could help NOW, I think we get them in over other players. we have not seen some of the other RBs, and Farmer is too big, fast and elusive to not have on the field when we need help. maybe the current FR WR's (JJ and Charles) just don't add any significant advantage. my guess is you might get more effort out of some of them.

Our coaches are doing the right way, injuries are not for public amusement. This team is very young and getting younger due to injuries. Many frosh will play.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT