ADVERTISEMENT

time to dust off the wrestling shoes

So who's going to register?

Apparently shoes are optional.
images

Reactions: jrod65
Sounds like fun...until I read 1:30 periods plus SV and rideouts. I'm way too fat to be wrestling for that long haha.

• Haha
Reactions: ccdiver
Unlimited stall warnings I would hope. What a great reality check opportunity for folks here who never wrestled in their life and always critical about gas tanks. Love the simple comment Cael once said. "Anyone can wrestje till they're tired". I'll stick with watching for now unless my arthritis magically disappears.lol
So who's going to register?

Unlimited stall warnings I would hope. What a great reality check opportunity for folks here who never wrestled in their life and always critical about gas tanks. Love the simple comment Cael once said. "Anyone can wrestje till they're tired". I'll stick with watching for now unless my arthritis magically disappears.lol
My senior of high school, we had a father/son wrestling tournament. I wrestled my 40 year old father (never wrestled except for possibly gym class), I went about 1/3 speed. After the match my father says "all those times I yelled about you being tired or get going, I take them all back, I had no idea how tiring that is".

My senior of high school, we had a father/son wrestling tournament. I wrestled my 40 year old father (never wrestled except for possibly gym class), I went about 1/3 speed. After the match my father says "all those times I yelled about you being tired or get going, I take them all back, I had no idea how tiring that is".
Love it. Just amazing watching guys like nick Lee Zane retherferd Jason nolf David Taylor bo nickel and so many others that go non stop. I swear they have four lungs and two hearts. Lol

Hmm.. probably no chance I can cut to 220..and 245 is a long way from 285..

I still have a resting pulse of in the mid 50's, which is less than my age, a good ticker, Not sure what to do about lack of flexibility....

My oncologist tells me "I don't have a lot of patients your age telling me about their bench".

I mean I sucked in high school, I could suck now. Maybe if I get that stuff Frank Thomas pushes...

I can just hear my wife. "You did what?"

1 meal from making 149 here. Not sure what my transplant team would think, but guaranteed with two new lungs my wind is better than HS/College.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Funny thing is that’s within a couple days of my annual trek east, where I usually see my daughter about 75 mins away.

I’ll sign up for 157.
just so we are clear, if I miss weight we get to Throw back a few cold ones??
Might could have to join ya in that bracket. 👀. Haven’t stepped on a mat to wrestle in toooo long and it’s been 12 months at least since I was on a mat for jiu jitsu. Think they’ll me use the OL’ Desanto Kimura?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Isn’t Allentown right next to Willie’s neighborhood? Maybe he’ll decide to go for one last hurrah!

Reactions: danoftw
This could be fun but you just know there's going to be some guys who take it waaaaay too seriously and end up hurting somebody. If you're over 45 and enter a wrestling tournament you have to realize that you and your opponents have jobs that matter a lot more than tearing somebody's ACL to win a meaningless match. In all honesty just toeing the line should be considered potentially dangerous for a lot of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT