ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Bream

WHich is far different than a live-in babysitter.
The two mains questions are:
-what was his advice to a dry frat on drinking activities on that day?
-did he offer advice post-incident regarding texts?

Then one needs to ask why it was necessary for a man in his 50s to live in a frat as an advisor. If he is not a "babysitter", why the hell is he there? What good could come from him being there?

The two mains questions are:
-what was his advice to a dry frat on drinking activities on that day?
-did he offer advice post-incident regarding texts?

Then one needs to ask why it was necessary for a man in his 50s to live in a frat as an advisor. If he is not a "babysitter", why the hell is he there? What good could come from him being there?

He isn't going to be charged so you might as well stop whining.

Here's the thing people are forgetting about his "advice"

He basically said not to put any pics online they wouldn't want the media to get a hold of. Why would he be worried about the media, not law enforcement, if it was in regards to this incident?

Maybe (and certainly most likely) he was just giving general social media advice.

Here's the thing people are forgetting about his "advice"

He basically said not to put any pics online they wouldn't want the media to get a hold of. Why would he be worried about the media, not law enforcement, if it was in regards to this incident?

Maybe (and certainly most likely) he was just giving general social media advice.
What kind of advice is that? "Hey guys, if you do something wrong just make sure not to put pictures online of it."

Who would be Bream's direct boss in the athletic department? Does that happen far before Barbour in the chain of command? Any way to find out?

I already provided the Press Releases that answer this question very clearly earlier in the thread (Bream was hired by AD Joyner and reported directly to the AD until Barbour's announced "Reorganization" of the department as detailed in the March 2015 Press Release - Barbour created 4 Departments within the AD and the head of these Departments are Barbour's only direct reports now. Charmelle Green is Bream's boss and head's up the Athlete Performance, Health and Welfare Department of Barbour's ICA Organization.). Given that the direct Press Releases were not sufficient, here is a link to Barbour's published Org Charts - HIT THIS LINK. Refer to page 4 with the detailed Org Chart for Chamelle Green's Department.

What kind of advice is that? "Hey guys, if you do something wrong just make sure not to put pictures online of it."

That wasn't his advice. It was to not post something the media could use against you. We know how the media works these days.

Would you please post Beta's description for an adviser.

e.g. point 2...I can think of many reasons he was living there that aren't nefarious.

e.g. point 3..."for it to be"? Come on, why don't you just write a whole new set of standards, in detail, for each case as they come up.

Have of any of your employers EVER inquired as to your living arrangements? Seriously, have any employers EVER done that?

The only potential employers would be the SS, CIA, FBI, and Dept. of State. Possibly some other government organizations that I'm unaware of but certainly NOT a University.

Take off the blue and white sunglasses. At the end of the day it's odd for a grown man to live in a frat house.

An employer cannot inquire officially about one's residence. Do you really think that no one, even Franklin, knew he was living there? Do you really think that in a testosterone filled locker room Bream never joked or told anyone that he lived in a frat house?

None of the above makes Bream or anyone in ICA guilty or anything of the sort. But it does rightfully open up questions about the arrangement.

Reactions: getmyjive11
I believe the University has a Conflict of Interest policy (of course the BOT is a walking contradiction when it comes to this). University employees are required to inform the University should they take second jobs.

The dual role is likely a conflict.

August 30th could be, could be enlightening. More likely not, however, if Bream sees the need to take the fifth. Of course this presumes his lawyer doesn't first successfully quash the subpoena. I think the latter is unlikely.

Reactions: step.eng69
I'm sorry, but that poster got attacked until it became clear that Bream was in trouble. And that was with his assertion being totally reasonable from the start.

He wasn't the problem in this thread.

Which assertion? That he lied to Franklin, when there is no evidence that he even spoke to Franklin? Indeed, it's not even clear that he spoke to anyone given that he managed to doge service of a subpoena for how long?

I find this guy's continued attempts to attach this to CJF and the Football Program to be quite transparent and the primary thrust of the OP's post was that CJF was being remiss in not firing and doing something about Bream - which is a ridiculous assertion given that CJF has nothing to do with Bream's hiring or employment by PSU's Athletic Department and AD.

I already linked the Official PSU AD Press Releases that make it quite clear who hired Bream (PSU AD Dave Joyner in 2012 only weeks after being upgraded from "Interim AD to Permanent AD - Bream is the corrupt OG BOT's and "Joyner's Boy", their relationship is quite longstanding including Bream working for Joyner at the US Olympic Team, when Joyner was Chairman of Sports Medicine there.). I also linked the Official PSU AD Press Release that detailed Bream's reporting structure after Barbour's March 2015 "Reorganization" of PSU's ICA Organization, but none of that seems to dent these obtuse poster's skulls.....so HERE IS A LINK to the definitive PSU "HR Org Charts" on the topic that make Bream's reporting structure quite clear and they have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with CJF.

I agree with you that Barbour and her direct-report Departmental Lieutenant Charmelle Green, Bream's clear boss and Supervisor, should have sat down with Bream and talked to him about the situation once subpoena's began being left with his Employer and they were made aware of the situation, but this has ZERO to do with CJF. The only input CJF has to AD Barbour and her Lieutenants regarding Bream is his performance in carrying out his Professional Medical Sciences services for his team (no different than any other HC at PSU as Bream provides the same services for ALL TEAMS in the PSU ICA) and this situation has absolutely nothing to do with Bream's tangential responsibilities in regards to the PSU Football Team (nor does CJF have any "oversight" responsibility for Bream, anything to do with Bream's hiring by the PSU AD or anything to do with his continued employment at PSU beyond providing input relative to his competence in carrying out his PSU AD-assigned "Athletic Medical Trainer" responsibilities for his team. IOW, he is not, nor ever has been, on CJF's Staff nor is CJF in any way responsible for "employment oversight" regarding Bream.).

Last edited:
Reactions: denniskembala
I believe the University has a Conflict of Interest policy (of course the BOT is a walking contradiction when it comes to this). University employees are required to inform the University should they take second jobs.

August 30th could be, could be enlightening. More likely not, however, if Bream sees the need to take the fifth. Of course this presumes his lawyer doesn't first successfully quash the subpoena. I think the latter is unlikely.

Is this technically a job? Was he formally hired to be an advisor?

All that said, the judge had absolutely no business allowing this hearing and has made a mockery of the legal system in allowing the defense attorney to dictate the pace of a PRELIMINARY hearing. I would think Bream's lawyer should have every legal opportunity to quash the subpoena because it is a preliminary hearing. At trial, absolutely, he'd have to testify. But not at the prelim. The prelim exists solely to determine if there is a good chance a crime was committed and that there's a good chance these are the guys that committed them. I think we're well beyond that threshold (even if they end up being found not guilty).

And Bream, just like PSU's COI issues with fraudulent TSM problem, is a creation of none other than Dave Joyner and Ira Lubert (IOW, the corrupt OG "Friends of Jerry" BOT Members that have, and still hold, 100% of the power on the BOT via the all-powerful "Executive Committee of the PSU BOT"!). Heck, it was a clear "COI" for this group to name Joyner (a former OG BOT Member involved with deeding PSU Assets and Resources to Sandusky via his fraudulent Personal Charity) the Athletic Director in Nov 2011, but that didn't stop them from doing it, did it? It's high time that these people became ACCOUNTABLE for the damage they have done to PSU and its reputation including the latest embarrassment involving Bream, who idiot-boy Joyner installed to REPLACE the Professional Services Dr. Sebastianelli had provided for PSU's Football Program under the prior Administration (i.e., JVP). Joyner's implementation of Bream to supplant Dr. Sebastianelli in these duties has been nothing but an embarrassment since Joyner's vindictive, self-interested, power-mad moves as detailed in this Sports Illustrated article of the following title and sub-title (hit the link):

Is there an email from Bream that says "after talking it over with coach, I'm uncomfortable moving in anywhere but the the frat"

People just assume Franklin (who isn't Bream's boss) was wholly involved with the decision to temporarily stay at the frat house while sorting out marriage issues.

This is the same guy that basically helped save Big Toe's life by keeping an eye on him while Toe was on suicide watch.

So now I have a few questions.

1. Was living at the frat a second job?
2. If so, who (specifically) would he have notified? What would this person have done with the information. If someone told me they had a part time gig as an advisor to the fraternity I wouldn't have thought twice about it.
3. Only if he had a second job...why on earth would advising a fraternity be a conflict of interest? Oh, and since this is 2017 and not 1980 most of the employer supported "conflict of interest for second jobs" are no longer on the books.

I disagree Art. Whether Bream reported to Franklin or not, if CJF didn't like him, or thought he was a bad trainer, he'd be gone. Instamatically.
I disagree Art. Whether Bream reported to Franklin or not, if CJF didn't like him, or thought he was a bad trainer, he'd be gone. Instamatically.

Yes and no. If Bream were simply the trainer for the football team, Franklin wants him gone he's gone. But given that he has oversight responsibility for training support for all other varsity teams, it's not that automatic. Because Breams firing would have ramifications that extend beyond the football program, Franklin's has to make more of a case (having him removed from his responsibilities for the football team and reassigned is a no-brainer). But that's what I would do as AD. Barbour? Who knows?

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Those of you asking what a 50 year old is doing living in a frat house may want to familiarize yourselves with living arrangements at residential colleges at certain Ivy League universities and Oxbridge. Indeed, one of Barbour's AADs served in a similar capacity with a former employer. Now, the parallels are not identical, but they to demonstrate that a legitimate case can be made for the arrangement

Yes and no. If Bream were simply the trainer for the football team, Franklin wants him gone he's gone. But given that he has oversight responsibility for training support for all other varsity teams, it's not that automatic. Because Breams firing would have ramifications that extend beyond the football program, Franklin's has to make more of a case (having him removed from his responsibilities for the football team and reassigned is a no-brainer). But that's what I would do as AD. Barbour? Who knows?
That is exactly right. I wasn't clear enough. CJF does not - and should not - have any say over Bream's Department-wide responsibility/authority. But he DOES - and absolutely SHOULD - have total say over who is head trainer for his football team.

That is exactly right. I wasn't clear enough. CJF does not - and should not - have any say over Bream's Department-wide responsibility/authority. But he DOES - and absolutely SHOULD - have total say over who is head trainer for his football team.

Yup. To change direction, I sure hope there is nothing to Bream's involvement. But if there is, the powers that be better be prepared. I've seen no indication that they are, which could be a god thing....or a bad one.

Wrong. Dave Joyner hired Bream shortly after being named PSU Athletic Director and completely reorganized the reporting structure of how these services were provided to the PSU Football Team (and every other PSU Athletic Team for that matter) - specifically, Joyner TERMINATED the prior Administration's structure for these services as THIS SPORTS ILLUSTRATED ARTICLE details and makes quite clear - AD Joyner INSERTED Tim Bream, who was hired by, and reported to, AD Joyner, to provide these services! You are utterly and completely WRONG in your continued assertion that CJF had anything to do with the SELECTION of Bream to provide these services for the Football Team (or that he was ever given a choice as to who would provide these services at PSU!). Again, completely and utterly WRONG - and a provider of FALSE INFORMATION -in your continued assertions on this matter, but yet you continue to make the same FALSE ASSERTIONS and CLAIMS in attempting to tie the responsibility of Bream to CJF and the Football Program, again claims which have been proven to be utterly bankrupt and baseless, gee I wonder why?

Wrong. Dave Joyner hired Bream shortly after being named PSU Athletic Director and completely reorganized the reporting structure of how these services were provided to the PSU Football Team (and every other PSU Athletic Team for that matter) - specifically, Joyner TERMINATED the prior Administration's structure for these services as THIS SPORTS ILLUSTRATED ARTICLE details and makes quite clear - AD Joyner INSERTED Tim Bream, who was hired by, and reported to, AD Joyner, to provide these services! You are utterly and completely WRONG in your continued assertion that CJF had anything to do with the SELECTION of Bream to provide these services for the Football Team (or that he was ever given a choice as to who would provide these services at PSU!). Again, completely and utterly WRONG - and a provider of FALSE INFORMATION -in your continued assertions on this matter, but yet you continue to make the same FALSE ASSERTIONS and CLAIMS in attempting to tie the responsibility of Bream to CJF and the Football Program, again claims which have been proven to be utterly bankrupt and baseless, gee I wonder why?
Knock it off. I didn't say anything to start a fight with you.

I know damn well who hired Bream - of course it was Joyner. They were buds going back to the '92 Olympics. Everybody knows it was Joyner fired Sebastianelli and for whatever reason O'Brien was cool with it. All of this happened in 2012 and 2013 - Franklin was at Vandy and OF COURSE had nothing to do with nothing.

CJF gets here and Bream is already in place. I NEVER said he works for Franklin or that Franklin is in any way responsible for him. All I said was if Franklin didn't like him as head trainer for football (right above you in my conversation with Art) that he had - and should have - the juice to get rid of him as head trainer for football.

The rest of your post is just nonsense.

Look - I always thought you were a terrific poster and I've given you how many likes. But this is nonsense. Learn to read, calm it down a little bit, and don't act like a shizhole to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But don't ever insinuate on my motives - they are crystal clear.

Yes, it is odd but it isn't nefarious as you and many are attempting to make it out to be.

Of course Franklin knew where Bream was living. After all, Franklin is the football coach and therefore required to keep track of every current and past employee of the University. I often wonder how he keeps track of the branch campus employees? :rolleyes:

You're incredibly naive if you think no one had an idea where he was living.

Knock it off. I didn't say anything to start a fight with you.

I know damn well who hired Bream - of course it was Joyner. They were buds going back to the '92 Olympics. Everybody knows it was Joyner fired Sebastianelli and for whatever reason O'Brien was cool with it. All of this happened in 2012 and 2013 - Franklin was at Vandy and OF COURSE had nothing to do with nothing.

CJF gets here and Bream is already in place. I NEVER said he works for Franklin or that Franklin is in any way responsible for him. All I said was if Franklin didn't like him as head trainer for football (right above you in my conversation with Art) that he had - and should have - the juice to get rid of him as head trainer for football.

The rest of your post is just nonsense.

Look - I always thought you were a terrific poster and I've given you how many likes. But this is nonsense. Learn to read, calm it down a little bit, and don't act like a shizhole to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But don't ever insinuate on my motives - they are crystal clear.

I'm not attempting to "fight" with you in any way, but you are FACTUALLY incorrect in implying that CJF was given a choice as to who the "Director of the Athletic Training Staff" at PSU would be (which is what Bream's role is at PSU -- it is "institutional" in nature, is controlled by the AD and is not a part of the Football Program any more than the Director of Sports Nutrition [Kris Clark] or Director of Sports Psychology [Dave Yukelson], or the Director of Student-Athlete Success, Director of Abilities Athletics, etc., etc., etc... who all also report directly to Charmelle Green as Department Head are part of the "Football Program" or CJF's Staff Responsibility.....IOW, you are utterly wrong in your contention that Bream has any special connection to CJF & the Football Program than any of Barbour's/Green's other "Athlete Performance, Health & Welfare Department" employees within the PSU ICA Organization, because he does not and you are factually wrong to imply he does.).

Last edited:
I didn't answer because it is not a relevant question. He lived there, so why ponder about ifs and buts?

That is exactly what YOU have been doing. Bream did live there and a pledge died. You have been implying something would have changed if Bream did not live there. Nothing would have changed. If Bream did not live there, if Joyner did not hire him of the BOT was different nothing would have changed and you would still be complaining.

Those of you asking what a 50 year old is doing living in a frat house may want to familiarize yourselves with living arrangements at residential colleges at certain Ivy League universities and Oxbridge. Indeed, one of Barbour's AADs served in a similar capacity with a former employer. Now, the parallels are not identical, but they to demonstrate that a legitimate case can be made for the arrangement

After the Michigan frat ski resort incident, one of the recommendations made for the future was to essentially have an adult live there as a supervisor.

That is exactly what YOU have been doing. Bream did live there and a pledge died. You have been implying something would have changed if Bream did not live there. Nothing would have changed. If Bream did not live there, if Joyner did not hire him of the BOT was different nothing would have changed and you would still be complaining.

In this case, the defense isn't concerned with him living there or not living there. They're trying to use his supposed approval of the hazing ritual as a way to get their clients off the hook.

Reactions: step.eng69
In this case, the defense isn't concerned with him living there or not living there. They're trying to use his supposed approval of the hazing ritual as a way to get their clients off the hook.

Don't see how that would get their clients off the hook. It's not like Bream has "Get Out of Jail Free" cards.

That's the angle that the defense attorney is taking here. "Bream said it was OK, so my clients aren't guilty"

"Evan Kelly, the attorney for Craig Heimer, said his client expected that Tim Bream would be supervising the pledge night activities.

Kelly said Bream had weekly meetings with the executive board of the Beta Theta Pi chapter, was informed about parties in advance and in a bombshell: Kelly alleged that Bream "personally approved the gauntlet," which was an alcohol-chugging obstacle course.

Specifically, Kelly asked State College Detective David Scicchitano: "Are you aware that Mr. Bream personally approved the gauntlet?"

But the detective did not answer. Instead, Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller objected to the relevance since Bream had not been charged in the case.

Kelly maintained that Bream's role negated the prima facia case against his client on charges of reckless endangerment, hazing, and furnishing alcohol to minors. Heimer allegedly purchased the alcohol for the pledge night party."

I’ve been offline and out of touch for a week- could somebody give me the Cliff’s Notes on any actual new developments?

I’ve been offline and out of touch for a week- could somebody give me the Cliff’s Notes on any actual new developments?

The defense attorney's in the latter stages of the preliminary started asking questions about Tim Bream and his role. Attempting to deflect blame from their clients. One defense attorney tried to serve Tim with a subpoena, but wasn't able to. The judge is having a hearing about whether or not Tim dodged the subpoena on August 30th. SPM seems to want to keep Tim out of it.

After the Michigan frat ski resort incident, one of the recommendations made for the future was to essentially have an adult live there as a supervisor.

Ah, a variation of the old "I was only following orders" defense. That has worked well in the past.

The defense attorney's in the latter stages of the preliminary started asking questions about Tim Bream and his role. Attempting to deflect blame from their clients. One defense attorney tried to serve Tim with a subpoena, but wasn't able to. The judge is having a hearing about whether or not Tim dodged the subpoena on August 30th. SPM seems to want to keep Tim out of it.
thanks

I find this guy's continued attempts to attach this to CJF and the Football Program to be quite transparent and the primary thrust of the OP's post was that CJF was being remiss in not firing and doing something about Bream - which is a ridiculous assertion given that CJF has nothing to do with Bream's hiring or employment by PSU's Athletic Department and AD.

I already linked the Official PSU AD Press Releases that make it quite clear who hired Bream (PSU AD Dave Joyner in 2012 only weeks after being upgraded from "Interim AD to Permanent AD - Bream is the corrupt OG BOT's and "Joyner's Boy", their relationship is quite longstanding including Bream working for Joyner at the US Olympic Team, when Joyner was Chairman of Sports Medicine there.). I also linked the Official PSU AD Press Release that detailed Bream's reporting structure after Barbour's March 2015 "Reorganization" of PSU's ICA Organization, but none of that seems to dent these obtuse poster's skulls.....so HERE IS A LINK to the definitive PSU "HR Org Charts" on the topic that make Bream's reporting structure quite clear and they have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with CJF.

I agree with you that Barbour and her direct-report Departmental Lieutenant Charmelle Green, Bream's clear boss and Supervisor, should have sat down with Bream and talked to him about the situation once subpoena's began being left with his Employer and they were made aware of the situation, but this has ZERO to do with CJF. The only input CJF has to AD Barbour and her Lieutenants regarding Bream is his performance in carrying out his Professional Medical Sciences services for his team (no different than any other HC at PSU as Bream provides the same services for ALL TEAMS in the PSU ICA) and this situation has absolutely nothing to do with Bream's tangential responsibilities in regards to the PSU Football Team (nor does CJF have any "oversight" responsibility for Bream, anything to do with Bream's hiring by the PSU AD or anything to do with his continued employment at PSU beyond providing input relative to his competence in carrying out his PSU AD-assigned "Athletic Medical Trainer" responsibilities for his team. IOW, he is not, nor ever has been, on CJF's Staff nor is CJF in any way responsible for "employment oversight" regarding Bream.).
What are you talking about? I never said that Franklin should be blamed for any of this (he shouldn't). Stop with the paranoia.

No, what I am saying is that nothing good can come from him living there. And nothing has.

Reactions: jerseylion109
What are you talking about? I never said that Franklin should be blamed for any of this (he shouldn't). Stop with the paranoia.

Complete BS, you have been an extremely vocal supporter of the OP whose original post did precisely this:

his role in the beta death is starting to pick up traction from desdspin, and other media outlets. This team doesn't need any distractions right now. Franklin should let him go for being close to this kind of thing at all

Stop with your bull$hit nimrod.

Complete BS, you have been an extremely vocal supporter of the OP whose original post did precisely this:

Stop with your bull$hit nimrod.
Even in that OP, he is not blaming Franklin for anything. Regardless, my posts were centered on Bream, not Franklin. Franklin is fine.

Sorry if I made a mistake in the original post about franklin letting bream go...I do think he can ask his boss if this is being handled and how. This could be a huge negative story not only for the football team but all of penn state and the school needs to get out in front of it before it's too late.

Reactions: getmyjive11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT